RELEASED More Music Mod

Discussion in 'Music/SFX' started by Drogean, Mar 4, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drogean

Drogean Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@RuiRui ok give this a trey. It adds an additional 7 minutes of music to the winter-day track.

I need folks to test it out and make sure it works as intended. There should now be 3 separate music tracks that play one after another.

More Music V2
    REMOVED

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
      RuiRui, Chief@ROD and BlushingCreep like this.
    • BlushingCreep

BlushingCreep Phantasmal Quasar

Thank you so much for doing this, @Drogean! I love this so much. ^o^ Thanks, too, to @RuiRui for providing more music for Drogean to use. ^v^

RuiRui and Drogean like this.
      • TooManyGamesPoro

TooManyGamesPoro Void-Bound Voyager

You might want to update the first post with your update or version 3 :D! So people know!

• BlushingCreep

@Drogean, I'm not sure if it's my fault or what, but the file doesn't seem to download correctly. I've downloaded it twice and both times, it tells me the file is broken/not there.

• Lurkingguy

Lurkingguy Void-Bound Voyager

Same here the download says its complete but it doesnt work. Love the mod btw! I been checking the first post for a update but looks like I should have been checking the whole thread ^^;

• schnurmanater

schnurmanater Void-Bound Voyager

Works for me.

• Drogean

@BlushingCreep I zipped it with 7zip. That program may be required (free download) based on the zip method used

• Syzxpkq

Syzxpkq And Do the MONKEY!

Hi, I'd like to make a mod that replace the BGM of this game with the music from Harvest Moon. It would be so warm to listen to the music from HarvestMoon while playing the game.
                  However, i've totally no experience of making mods or programming, so would you try to turn this idea into a mod?
                  http://www.mediafire.com/download/o1ixnyxccca9yu3/BGM.rar
                  I've already uploaded the soundtrack.

• Drogean

You can use my guide on page 1 to create the sound pack of your dreams

• Schaeffer

Schaeffer Space Spelunker

I wish there was a way to just edit the midi information, since I like the patches and everything else about the soundtrack. I just want to make the chord progressions more varied and have it sometimes go a little bit outside the key. There are a few pieces in the game that do a lot of interesting stuff, for instance, there's one in the mines in Dorian that I really enjoyed, but a lot of the music is just plain ol' Major. I assume ConcernedApe is the only person that has the midi files and he probably won't release them. Oh well!

• Drogean

there no midi files, the music/sounds/everything is literally an XACT zipped file of .wav files. There is nothing preventing you from importing a song into Audicity (free) or similar and pitch modifying it or changing its key

Schaeffer likes this.
                        • Schaeffer

Schaeffer Space Spelunker

Right, I actually was doing this just now with your sound extracting tools pack, the issue is that doing that changes the pitches of percussion instruments, and reverb and delay that crosses over the bar line into a new chord are also affected by the pitch shift. It's basically impossible to do this without it being sloppy.

• BlushingCreep

I'll try downloading it, again, and see if using 7zip works. Though, the previous release you made opened fine without 7zip. I'll update to let you know. ^.^

Update: Using 7zip to extract the file works! Strange that WinRAR couldn't handle it.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
                            • Drogean

yeah i know. I made some changes to see if i could zip it up better and make the file size smaller. I'll go back to the old method for the next version (its beta :p)

BlushingCreep likes this.
                              • Drogean

• Lurkingguy

Lurkingguy Void-Bound Voyager

Been playing around in winter but I havnt heard anything new. Gona redownload and try it again because its so quiet with barly anything playing. All the snow be to perfect for snowdin music in the city.
                                Edit: Tryed it out again with a fresh download and no extra music ; ;

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
                                • RuiRui

RuiRui Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry sorry! Been quite hectic.. Downloading as I am typing this! Will keep you updated!! xD

• RuiRui

Okay so! I didn't hear anything after the song I recorded but it didn't loop. So I think I got the true ambient sounds you wanted this time! It was all just wind. Sorry for the clicking noise around 12 seconds.. I was putting my volume higher haha. Winter Ambient Track Attempt 2

Now I am going to get you that night recording I promised! Was just like the wind track but I will record to make sure it's the same.

Okay, it's actually so quiet there is no wind. The night recording here. You will here a step noise because I had to make sure it was recording lol.

Update: The music is playing! Apparently when it's snowing outside~ It is so magical :D

• Drogean

aha i see

so the song plays/loops only when its snowing? otherwise its just quiet with wind? I know there are two other winter tracks besides the one you showed me

#1 Here

#2 here

any idea which is which? or when they play?

now i think i understand. I should have added the music to the WIND track instead.

• RuiRui

Oh dang it.. I heard these but was too engrossed into the game.. I forgot to record them and thought nothing of it! xD Okay let me do this again the right way :3
                                        By the way the songs didn't loop after it finished. Okay back into the game then!

#1 - played right when the game started on a sunny winter day

BlushingCreep and Drogean like this.
                                        Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.