1. Note: Nightly builds are not officially supported and things that appear broken might actually just be broken with no way of fixing it, but community members may still be willing to assist you with common problems.

Tutorial Collection of Admin Codes for Nightly Build

Discussion in 'Nightly Builds Support' started by SivCorp, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

What exactly do you mean by "Tech Test #1"?

If you're referring to any of the shockhopper missions, you can use /spawnitem to spawn in required armor pieces, but there are no commands that can simply complete a mission.

2. Orion_Pax

Orion_Pax Pangalactic Porcupine

Texh Test #1 quest is from latest nightly buld. You can take quest on outpost, but cant do anything with him.

jonathonspy likes this.
  3. jonathonspy

jonathonspy Existential Complex

yeah, the quest chain for the other starting guy works fine.
    the dash tech one is buggy
    "talk to me again when you are ready to go in" when we talk to them next, they just talk about how lucky they were to escape earth

4. Badwulfwho

Badwulfwho Void-Bound Voyager

Useful for current nightly:

If your ship doesnt present the command to enable your matter manipulator, use this:

/aicommand giveBeamaxe

it is case sensitive, and enables it in its designated slot instead of having it in an inventory slot.

5. bonesalt

bonesalt Orbital Explorer

it seems that the command to give cold/heat/radiation protection won't work anymore, at least for me. i enter the commands but nothing happens...

6. Orion_Pax

Orion_Pax Pangalactic Porcupine

In nightly build you need to craft special backpack for oxygen/radiation/cold/heat.

7. Sean Mirrsen

Sean Mirrsen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Are the admin codes required to progress in the current nightly? I mean, beyond giving yourself the Matter Manipulator. I've been playing for a bit, and it seems there's no way to actually fix your ship's FTL and upgrade the MM further without even more admin commands.

8. Osucarus

Osucarus Astral Cartographer

The command /spawnitem shipTX didn't work for me. It spawned an item like ball with spikes just like one of a mine, with a number in the center of it. But when I used the item, it changes nothing. Do I have to unpack and repack the asset to upgrade my ship?

9. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

Seems that the item itself isn't working.

What upgrade are you using, and what tier is your ship right now?

10. Osucarus

I'm using Novakid character, and my ship still tier 1, I didn't do any upgrade.

11. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

Upgrade as in tier of item spawned in.
    For example:
    t1
    t2
    t6

Basically the number on the item you spawned.

12. Osucarus

How do I do that? If I use command /spawnitem shipT3, it'll spawn that spiky-ball with number "3" in the center of it, and I have no idea how to use that ball to upgrade my ship. Do I have to visit certain npcs? because if I talk to SAIL, it doesn't have any command to upgrade ship.

How did you upgrade the ship? Have you tried this latest nightly build?

13. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

Oh, you just don't know how to use it.

That ball is an upgrade item. You simply hold it in your hands and click to use it. It's like a consumable.

14. Osucarus

I did that in this recent nightly build (disk write error one) and nothing happen. I did hold the item in my hand and use it like consumables. Well, I'll check back later and see if that works.

15. Agent_Fluffy

Agent_Fluffy Space Hobo

/spawnitem watersword

16. glassdragon

glassdragon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The ship-fixing commands ( i.e. /spawnitem shipT3 ) are no longer working. I'm just getting a Perfectly Generic Item. Any tips? Forcibly enabling my matter manipulator unlocked the S.A.I.L. command to fix the ship teleporter, but the rest of S.A.I.L. and the ship is still broken.

17. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

worked for me o O just tested it

18. Sean10M

Sean10M Pangalactic Porcupine

Maybe you misspelled it.

19. Wizzlbang

Wizzlbang Star Wrangler

I can't seem to enable any techs, doing the quests for the tech guy wont give them to me, can't get any admin commands to give me techs either

20. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

/aiaction '{ "action" : "enableTech", "techName" : [ "TechNameHere" ]}'