Space combat?

Discussion in 'Other' started by CowsArePeopleToo, Mar 8, 2016.

1. CowsArePeopleToo

CowsArePeopleToo Aquatic Astronaut

I was playing around in Starbound when I had a thought: what if the weapons on my ship were functional? What if there were other ships roaming the galaxy? What if there was... space combat? I think space combat would be a cool feature because it could add a whole new dimension of playability to the game. You could fight against pirates, mine asteroids from the comfort of your ship's bridge, or maybe even have some missions revolving around it! What do you think about it?

2. Lintton

Lintton Guest

every time this is brought up, I can't help but wonder that this will require a different game to match the requirements. It does sound interesting, but its likely going to be only considered after release, if at all.

3. sleepy123

sleepy123 Big Damn Hero

A boarding ship device would be really nice. Imagine suddenly being assaulted by space raiders while boarding an asteroid, or returning to your ship only to discover some nasty alien has laid eggs inside.

Also it would be cool to board other players' ships and a yo ho ho.

Ship AI could have the following options:
    Ship>Options>Invade ship> Invading... (then it invades some random ship around these coordinates, if there's any)
    Something very simple and effective.

Also you could craft something really easily that erases you from the "can be invaded list" so you'd only be invaded if you wanted to.

4. Lefl

Lefl Phantasmal Quasar

It would sure be nice, if youre beaten, you could be boarded and some of your loot would be stolen and or you would "crash on the planet" (like when you start a new game)
    imo i dont need mining, as thats something you can do manually

5. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

they said that they might consider it they could do it now that they have the mini game system they inplanted
    i would have liked it

6. watersidetheHQ

watersidetheHQ Orbital Explorer

as cool as it sounds every time i see post like this. they probably wont do this in the near future... and if they do add it they probably wont let "your ship" fight stuff maybe they will let your ship deploy drones or mini x-wings to "fight" but of course your ships turrents would fight other ships drone/ mini x-wings... i dont know

7. Fyrestrike14

Fyrestrike14 Master Chief

I would love something like this. It could add more to your crew. Just picture your mechanics and your engineers running around desperately trying to keep your ship together. It would be cool too if you had different Star Wars: Battlefront II style subsystems that each did something for your ship, and had an ill effect on you if they went out. You could have a life support system, and if that got destroyed, the air would go out, so unless you had an EPP, you'd suffocate, your FTL could be damaged and stop you from leaving the system, just imagine!