Anyone completed the "Bulletin Board" bundles?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shlebby, Mar 8, 2016.

1. shlebby

shlebby Intergalactic Tourist

I'm really curious to know what "Friendship <3" gets you...

• Afterscore

Afterscore Weight of the Sky

It gives you a bunch of hearts with the non-romance villagers. I think my first time through when I completed it, it bumped most of the NPC's that I had never talked to up to about 3 or 4 hearts. Pretty sure it doesn't affect Bachelors/Bachelorettes.

• shlebby

That makes sense. I was thinking maybe it boosted your relationship with each of the people the bundle is themed after, but then there's the chef bundle and that wouldn't make sense.

• shlebby

Hey while I'm at it- do you have any idea what the train means? I get these notifications that's like, "There's a train passing through Stardew Valley". I run up there and yeah there's a train, but like okay? Does it mean anything?

• Afterscore

Afterscore Weight of the Sky

I remember the Livin' Off The Land Tv show saying something about things falling off trains sometimes. I've never cared enough to go check but that's all I can think of.

Edit- The Wiki seems to confirm this.

• meatpardle

meatpardle Star Wrangler

Yeah I managed to make it to the station once as the train was passing and it dropped a couple of iron ores.

• Sarc

Sarc Intergalactic Tourist

Take a Mega Bomb and place it on the train tracks right before the train passes over it and see what happens ;)

• shlebby

But how do I know when it's going to pass? =n= I don't get the notification until it's already passing.

• Sarc

On the Wiki's there are dates and times for when the train will pass so you can wait for it.

• shlebby

Oh I'll have to try then. It was saying on there that those were on person's times but it could be different for each player.

• scoutcc15

scoutcc15 Subatomic Cosmonaut

You get arrested for being a terrorist? :p

• Sarc

Allah Akbar

• esotericist

esotericist Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Those times most definitely do not line up with the train occurrence times I've seen. Train sometimes shows up on dates/times not listed, frequently does not show up on dates/times listed.

Moreover: I once re-started a day that had a train happen on it, and there was no train the second time through that day.

So in all likelihood it's just flat-out random if it happens or not.

• shlebby

That's the impression I had gotten from playing, because I've only seen it happen 2 or 3 times

• Gorgon

Gorgon Space Spelunker

At least in the second year the times are completly different to the first year. And no, in my case the train never lost something. You can just go to the bath area, when its passable again and check the train for yourself, when the message is coming. There should be enough time to go there.

• Godot

Godot Big Damn Hero

Sometimes it drops, sometimes it doesn´t ...
                                  it seems like it depends on the wagons ... only lorry cars (with their top open) seem to drop things ...
                                  and many trains that pass through have not a single one of them in their setup
                                  (I guess the setup for each train is determined randomly)

The drops also seem to be vastly different and can range from just wood or iron to deeper level geodes (like Magma geodes)

• Sarc

Well to be honest. I was completely lying about blowing up the train with a mega bomb having anything cool to happen.

Would be neat if someone tried it and reported their findings back here. :p

• silvanasmax

silvanasmax Void-Bound Voyager

I can confirm that the Friendship reward from the Bulletin Board gives exactly TWO hearts additional to every NPC who is not listed as single (verified by checking values before and after firing it off). Which, uncomfortably enough, gave me more hearts for Caroline than her daughter (heh), but fair enough I just played it as having schmoozed the mom to get in her good graces first and NOT anything else...yeh, that's it.

And the train, when it passes, seems to drop between 0 and 4 items, all mining related.

• Landwalker

Landwalker Pangalactic Porcupine

Can't confirm anything bomb-related, but I unfortunately can confirm that you can get run over by the train. :facepalm:

shlebby and sorrymyfault like this.
                                        • shlebby

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL