RELEASED Easier fishing

Discussion in 'Cheats' started by steffjes, Mar 3, 2016.

1. steffjes

steffjes Big Damn Hero

Ah well for such a thing to happen i would need to use the SMAPI, Which i have never worked with yet.
    Also as the SMAPI is being updated that wouldn't be possible at the moment.

It is something that i would like to do in the future.. But not right now.
    For right now this is the only thing i can do for you to make fishing easier.
    (I would also need to go learn how to code in the SMAPI, Which would take a while)

Sorry :) Hope this still helps you out

• Snaitf

Snaitf Poptop Tamer

Well, I'm officially an idiot. I installed this mod to practice fishing, and now that I got the hang of it I want to go back to vanilla, but I stupidly deleted my backup Fish.xnb, and since I'm playing the GOG version, I can't just re-validate my files. So, I'm hoping some kind hearted soul could post the vanilla file somewhere for me so I don't have to redownload and reinstall to get it back. Thanks in advance!

• carnage157

carnage157 Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm also on GOG and I kept my backup so here you go.

Attached Files:

Drogean and Snaitf like this.
        • Snaitf

Snaitf Poptop Tamer

Awesomeness, than you so much!

• RemoSan

RemoSan Tentacle Wrangler

The mod is already horny but true to me easily I removed.

Drogean likes this.
            • carnage157

carnage157 Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm sorry but did you just say the mod is horny?

Drogean likes this.
              • steffjes

steffjes Big Damn Hero

Wut?

Drogean likes this.
                • RemoSan

RemoSan Tentacle Wrangler

my English is not that good. I just meant it true too easy to fish so I've the mod removed

• grandlinegirl

grandlinegirl Void-Bound Voyager

Hi. I was just wondering if there's a way to get this mod as easy as possible for all fish? I have bad hands and I've given up on fishing in the game because of this.

Also, I just wanted to say how awesome you are for helping people like this.

• steffjes

steffjes Big Damn Hero

Add me on steam, we will work something out :)

• Tabitha

Tabitha Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you so much for this. I too have bad hands so this mod is invaluable to me. Others are telling me to "git gud" but it doesn't work like that if you're injured or disabled. Thanks again^^

zoeevee likes this.
                        • supernovus

supernovus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you for this mod. I'm one of those people who absolutely sucked at the fishing game as it is normally. This has actually made the fishing possible for some of us who aren't the greatest with that kind of game play.

• kingjoshington

kingjoshington Void-Bound Voyager

I have a question -- just HOW easy does this make the harder fish? I do not have any problem fishing in general for most of the fish. They seem to be either pretty easy or insanely hard for the rarer fish. I play with a controller and the hardest fish I've caught is a Sturgeon -- they're annoying. However, I feel a sense of accomplishment when I catch a hard fish.
                            I've been WAITING to catch a legendary fish (the ones with the little hats) -- will this make it so easy that it is NO challenge? I don't want to cheat myself out of the sense of getting it done ... but I also recognize that the really fast fish are crazy hard.

Side question: I don't know how this works, but I assumed that as I leveled up in fishing, it would make the harder fish easier to catch. Is this true? I thought that eating food that would give you +1 or +3 fishing would mean that it would be easier to catch fish because they would be more calm. Now I am no longer so sure, after reading comments ... can anyone clarify?

• eternalbeloved

eternalbeloved Orbital Explorer

I know this sounds silly... even with this mod i am still having trouble with the fishing. I just suck... is there anyway to make it even easier? lol

• shlebby

shlebby Intergalactic Tourist

Thank you so much for this... I couldn't even do the fishing before. Now it's tolerable!

• Shylight

Shylight Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There's always Cheat Engine. That table lets you catch fish regardless of the minigame results as far as I can tell.

• pixieNpixels

pixieNpixels Subatomic Cosmonaut

Omg ty so much for this mod. I couldn't fish at all before this mod because I have tendonitis in both my wrists and even making an attempt made them swell like crazy. I still have some difficulty at times but this mod has made it like 85% easier on me. So ty ty ty like a dozen times over. :)

• Laree

Laree Space Hobo

Thank you so much for the mod. Now the fishing mini game is enjoyable.

• steffjes

steffjes Big Damn Hero

All the fishes have been made easier in this mod, including the legendaries, They still are hard to catch though..
                                        Also yes leveling fishing makes it easier

kingjoshington likes this.
                                        • petaldancing

petaldancing Scruffy Nerf-Herder

hi! i too am still having difficulties with fishing, embarrassingly enough. could you help me to make it even easier, as well? should i add you on steam?