RELEASED Maru White Skin

Discussion in 'Characters' started by diippyjas, Mar 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diippyjas

diippyjas Seal Broken

Too many drama man. =w=

I'm sorry if my mod is not good.

If anyone still need it. Pm to me.

Thanks.

sorry for my bad gramma.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
    • BlushingCreep

BlushingCreep Phantasmal Quasar

There's a preponderance of white romantic interests, and Maru's father is black. Why would you do this to her? :/

rosyrain, Nunah, Ofmanynames and 5 others like this.
      • StardewLaunchPlayer

StardewLaunchPlayer And Do the MONKEY!

Nice job. :)

Edit: This thread blew up! It's okay to change Alex to Hispanic but you can't change Maru to Caucasian? That's nice. Don't let the racist comments bother you, dippyjas! You gave the community something new and perfectly okay.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
          Levy, Minakie, Totori and 6 others like this.
        • Fawnd

Fawnd Void-Bound Voyager

All of the other love interests are white.... What's wrong with just leaving one of the few black characters black?

Nunah, Ofmanynames, Mitsie and 4 others like this.
          • ateos

ateos Aquatic Astronaut

10/10 Maru best girl

• Campaigner

Campaigner Giant Laser Beams

A bit of diversity never hurts, especially when adding new options to existing characters. Not fond of Maru, but it's still a very good edit.

I'm sure some people will get unnecessarily upset, but hey; different strokes for different folks. Deal with it or ignore it, I say.

• BlushingCreep

"Unnecessarily upset?" I think that, when you're making a statement like 'a bit of diversity never hurts' and you're saying it in reference to making a mixed race character look caucasian, is incredibly ironic and kind of offensive. 'Unnecessarily upset' my sweet patoot.

I don't care if you're fond of Maru or not. Her race isn't really something that should be modded, especially considering her father is black. Besides, the person who did this mod took another modder's pixel art and just dumped in a caucasian skintone. There's no real effort to that.

• TheFool

TheFool Astral Cartographer

"shouldn't be modded"? there's rules to editing a single player game to your own liking now?
                  and whats wrong with editing her?
                  just like any portrait mod, it's done to change the art to your liking.
                  he only changed the color of pixels, i mean. don't see it as any different than the realistic, cute, or anime portraits. in all cases it's to change a character's appearance into something you like even more than the original. i like the original(anime mod - 'real' original is too... purple tinted?) portrait more personally, but if this makes someone like maru more and choose her, more power to them. just like the people modding the girls to look more pretty, guys to look more 'bishie' etc it's their decision. to make anything moral out of it is really blowing sprite mods and peoples own interests out of proportion, in my opinion anyway.

Totori, Colton, Thoragon and 8 others like this.
                  • Cruxador

Cruxador Poptop Tamer

Guys... There is no black Maru. You can have her in mixed, by default, and now you can have her in white. If you don't want her white, keep her how she is or make your own black mod. Or green, it doesn't really matter what color/race she is. Maru isn't a real person and the only ones she'll change for are the people who choose to change her.

• cunnyform

cunnyform Space Hobo

Could you make Demetrius white too? Thanks.

• Campaigner

Campaigner Giant Laser Beams

@BlushingCreep: Getting a bit testy, sheesh. There's no need to get so flustered. A mod's contents, no matter the quality or effort, is still new content in a game that's being given a fresh modding scene. Some may not like the content, much like the deleted busty portraits mod (That was a surprise, I tell you what), but It's an entirely optional thing to grab. Sure, it's a recolor of another mod, but he did give credit where credit was due.

On a side-related note, mixed parents can still produce offspring closer to one parents' color, so an alternative light Maru isn't so farfetched. Consider it a "what if" scenario.

@Cruxador: I want a Green Maru mod now, curse you. That sounds absolutely awesome.

• ateos

ateos Aquatic Astronaut

Her race wasn't modded at all. Yes her father is black, but her mother is white.

Totori and vDominai like this.
                          • BlushingCreep

I'm sorry, but I just disagree on a very basic level. There are only two black people in the game, a black father and his mixed race daughter. Demetrius, who is very clearly black, is her father--it's clear from the storyline. I don't think that the characters' race is something that should be messed with, personally. That is my personal OPINION. It's not fact, but I do feel strongly about it and I'm free to voice my thoughts, as long as I'm respectful.

Her race was modded. She's now 'white.'

Nunah, LovelessPsycho, amrek- and 3 others like this.
                            • ateos

ateos Aquatic Astronaut

How was it modded? She isn't pure black at all, she's mixed half-white/black.

vDominai likes this.
                              • BlushingCreep

I'm fairly sure it's obvious. She is mixed race, and her skin is toffee colored. But, in this 'mod,' her skin has been made 'white.' The 'modder' himself said so. If someone unfamiliar with the game looked at this mod, they'd have no idea she's mixed race, or anything other than 100% caucasian.

LovelessPsycho likes this.
                                • Cruxador

Cruxador Poptop Tamer

While this is true, these are complaints that there's no real point in making. If you personally don't like the mod, you may opt simply to not use it, and even to not read the thread.

Her skin color was modded. You think that her lighter tone obviates her black ancestry in favor of her white ancestry, and it's true that her skin is pretty light. But it's still within the bounds of what you might expect from a mixed-race individual. Seriously, google what mixed race people look like since it seems you don't have personal experience in this area. There's a pretty wide range of potential skintones.

Only if they assumed the artist wasn't very skilled. She looks much whiter in color but definitely not purely so.

Anaxagoras and vDominai like this.
                                  • James009

James009 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh jeeze.

Guys, we're probably going to see a WHOLE ASSORTMENT of mods soon.

We're going to have anthro characters (if we don't already).

We already have a cleavage mod for the female characters, sexualizing them a bit more.

You're going to see characters genders change.

You're going to see characters COMPLETELY re-imagined.

If you don't like it, don't download it, don't follow the thread, but don't diminish the creator's work... even if it is questionable or you disagree with it.

I don't think anyone knows the OP's intent, if they're a flag waving Confederate, or if they just wanted to share THEIR version of Maru... let's avoid a shouting match or making this a huge issue.

amrek-, Runes, Colton and 10 others like this.
                                    • Cruxador

Cruxador Poptop Tamer

Somebody has already turned the cows into big-breasted My Little Pony anthros. Not on this forum, but there are fell and terrible things which luck in the hearts of man.

• BlushingCreep

Wow. There are so many things about these comments that are infuriating that I don't know where to start. So, I won't. I was attempting to explain something to someone who seemed genuinely confused. You, however, seem to only want to stir up a debate. Like I said, it's my opinion and I'm free to share it. As you're free to share yours. However, I didn't do you a disservice to say that what you have to say is pointless.

I'm opting not to use the mod, and I'm voicing my feelings on it. I'm free to do that. But, nothing I say will get through to you, nor you to me. So, let's agree to disagree. As I said, before, when I stated that I disagree on a very basic level.

• tpp

tpp Aquatic Astronaut

You know, it's entirely biologically possible for someone with a black dad to have light skin, whether via recessive genetics or mutations. Skin color does not equal "race," and suggesting that it does is actually pretty offensive. If you really want to be PC about it, the idea that humans can be divided into "races" is also a bit old hat.

And assuming there's no in-game "lore" otherwise, there's no reason Maru couldn't be from a previous marriage. Look at the screenshot I've attached.

And if Maru isn't Dee's biological child, he still treats her like his own, regardless of what she looks like. Conversely, we have folks here only pointing out how they're "the black family" rather than being that weird nerd family who has a legit lab in their bloody home. Real progressive, here.

For what it's worth, there's some pics of a mod where someone turned MLP Pinkie Pie into mega-milk sex cattle.

Attached Files:

Colton, dimasep0, KATpwnd and 2 others like this.
                                          Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.