RP Chaos in the Stars

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Vurrunna, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Tatterdemalion

Tatterdemalion Phantasmal Quasar

Reynolds isn't nearly as affected by the Floran prisoners as some of the others (a surgical career's worth of cynicism sees to that), but he can recognize a conflict brewing within Bigs and Lucca. An idea comes to mind- one that would get them out of there, please his team, and annoy the bloody hell out of these Hylotl prats.
    "Alright, we'll work with you," Reynolds said with an ingratiating grin. "What is it you're needing?"

2. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

"Whoa, slow down there. We hear their offer, then we chose if we accept. You never sign a contract before reading it." Lucca made that mistake once; it didn't end well.

3. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

-Tetra-
    Tetra took a few notes, she was kinda bugged by by Reynolds's sudden acceptance, what was he thinking? Then again, this could lead to something good, but it could also lead to lots of death, and she wasn't a fan of lots of death.

4. Vurrunna

Vurrunna Giant Laser Beams

The Hylotl makes a hard gesture toward the Floran, who, having placed its tray on the desk, begins to shamble back out the door. "They are guilty by their birth; there is nothing else to say on the matter." He pours himself a glass of tea, pausing expectantly; seeing that no one does the same [I doubt anyone likes him enough to do so], he scowls and takes a sip.

"The task is simple. One of our people went missing. You are to find him. I will accompany you, to ensure you complete the task. We have Pixels for payment, and may also offer you safe passage into a nearby city; the nature of our work has advantages."

"The missing individual should be to the north; we encountered some... enemies several days before he went missing. I shall lead you where he was last seen; then, you shall search for him."

He once again looks expectantly at the group.

5. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

"Who were these enemies?" Lucca certainly wasn't going for any tea, she was more of a coffee drinker. "Do we know what weapons they carry? What their motives might be?"

6. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

-Tetra-
    "That's awfully vague" Tetra thought to herself. She wrote down the offer in her holobook.

7. TΔktik

TΔktik Phantasmal Quasar

3 stays silent. This sounds like mercenary work, which he will have no part in.

8. FoliageFooey

FoliageFooey Aquatic Astronaut

Lolac only gives the sorry floran a disgusted glance before re-focusing on playing. He held no remorse for the pitiful creature and it showed through his expression. 'Why are they even tryin to make 'em serve? Those floran are savage 'n only know how to kill 'n eat.' He knew that the hylotl expected none the less of him, but his obvious talent and none-threatening appearance has already changed their view on him, as it should have. 'Heh, I give it another week till they decide to kill 'em.' A small smirk developed on Lolac's face.

Lolac ignored the floran as it left and listened to the Hylotl's proclamation of floran being guilty at birth. He only half agreed there, sure there were plenty of his bloodthirsty cousins to go around, but he and a few others were different. They shouldn't have to suffer just because most of their kind are monsterous carnivorous savages. Though, despite how much he wanted to express this, he decided to keep his mouth shut, and instead studied the strangers. For a moment he thought bitterly. 'Hope they don't confuse me for floran like that one.'

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  9. Tatterdemalion

Tatterdemalion Phantasmal Quasar

"We'll find your missing person, sure." Reynolds smiles and leans up on the Hylotl's desk. "We'll take the pixels, the passage..." He pretends to think for a moment. "And your Floran over there." Reynolds nods his head towards the Floran musician.
    Take that, you manky fish.

10. Vurrunna

Vurrunna Giant Laser Beams

The Hylotl waves off Lucca's question. "There is not need to worry about them; they have been... removed, and our person went missing after the... encounter."
    [Lucca: Rapport +1, Difficulty -2, Roll +1, Net 0]

The Hylotl flinches. He glares at Reynolds for a few moments. "... Fine. Once we find our person, you shall receive your reward."
    [Reynolds: Provoke +1, Bonus +1 (nice...), Will -2, Disadvantage -2 (asking quite a bit), Roll +2, Net 0: Success at a Cost (The Hylotl is displeased)]

The Hylotl stands up. "We shall leave soon. If any of you must prepare, do so now." He begins to leave the room, before pausing. He turns around briefly and tosses a key at Lolac. He looks at Reynolds with a sneer. "I believe your kind prefer a payment up front. Enjoy." He then leaves.

Alkanthe likes this.
  11. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

" I would like to see the vehicle." Lucca called to the Hylotl before he left. "It'll be best for me to familiarize myself with it before we set out."

12. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

-bigs
    "i do not like the fish" he says after he leaves

13. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

-Tetra-
    "This whole situation is...uncomfortable." Tetra said

14. FoliageFooey

FoliageFooey Aquatic Astronaut

Once the hylotl left Lolac set Quillus aside and snatched the key to unlock his collar. Once it clicked into place and the collar fell he jumped into the air with glee."Woohoo! Ain't no fish gonna keep me down-" he proceeded to sing and do a small dance painfully off key. A minute later, without warning, he threw himself to the floor in front of the strangers, got down on one knee, and opened his arms. "Thank you! Thank you! Trust me you'll never regret this!" He holds a hand out to shake hands with everyone starting with Reynolds.

15. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

"Yeesh, no need to debase yourself." Lucca muttered at Lolac. She made here exit before things got any weirder, and went to see the vehicle the hylotl promised.

16. TΔktik

TΔktik Phantasmal Quasar

Once the Hylotl is out of earshot, 3 speaks. "Statement. I am not working for him."

17. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

-Tetra-
    "But...Do we have a choice right now? I mean, I'm all for equality, but I also don't want to die."

18. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

-bigs
    "we work for him. if we find his man, we have a hostage"

19. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

-Tetra-
    Tetra put her hand on her chin "That's a good point actually"

20. TΔktik

TΔktik Phantasmal Quasar

"Negative. I will not take a hostage. We take the vehicle."