Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angel0fStorm

Angel0fStorm Yeah, You!

Never mind fixed it apparently having a old version make it stop working .-.

• ClxS

ClxS Pangalactic Porcupine

This'll definitely be in 0.38 since that's coming with new features like being able to add custom content/items.
      I'll add the function to spawn tools to the trainer for 0.37.2 though. :)

• skedone

skedone Scruffy Nerf-Herder

anyone help me out the game res is all off when i load the game via tool it shows the windowed screen in full screen please help

• skedone

i have tried changing it to full screen ect before i posted this and still no joy

• ClxS

Hey there, I'll have a look to see if I can replicate this then I get home.
            Which version are you running? (Steam/GOG?), any mods running? and are you running 0.37.1?

• Ao Tamashī

Ao Tamashī Space Hobo

I read through all the comments here, and no one else seems to have my problem, so I made an account to post about it. The frame-rate on my farm is game-breakingly slow whenever I run the API (version 0.37.1). I have some cosmetic mods installed (re-textures for my cat & horse and a couple portraits) and everything works fine when I run the Stardew Valley.exe that came with the game. As soon as I try to run the StardewModdedAPI.exe, though, I can't do anything on my farm. Everywhere else is fine (in the farmhouse, farm cave, around town, literally everywhere except the farm...). Is there something in the API that would cause this? I haven't fully cleared the farm yet, so there's still trees, rocks, and grass everywhere... Is that causing the problem? I'm running the Steam version on Windows 8.1 as an administrator with scaling DPI if that helps. (The game won't open on my computer without scaling DPI)

EDIT: Actually I haven't checked the caves will get back to you with that.
              EDIT:EDIT: Caves are fine.
              EDIT:EDIT:EDIT: Okay, I tested my hypothesis by loading a new game and a save that was farther along. The game farther along with the farm cleaned up works fine, while the new game had the same issue. It looks to me that something in your API might be causing the the game to choke up when there are a lot of assets (trees, stones, grass, etc) in a location. I'll hold off on using it until I clean up my farm a bit more. At least now you know that it might be an issue down the line.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
                Cygen likes this.
              • skedone

Latest version of loader and gog 1.04 of game

• kapmajang

kapmajang Intergalactic Tourist

I have the same problem. Actually in the first time I have no idea why because the 0.36 version is fine in every map. Thanks for your information!

• skedone

And that's with or without mods loaded

• Cavador

Cavador Void-Bound Voyager

I can't seem to find it actually written anywhere as to what SMAPI actually is or what it does, just that I need it for a lot of mods. Doesn't help that I have no idea what an API is.

• Strychnine

Strychnine Orbital Explorer

Please also add the stamina regen mod.

• Acrimonia

Acrimonia Subatomic Cosmonaut

Huh, that's weird. I don't usually use the API or run mods outside of testing them for friends and myself, but I'll take a crack at this. I'm going to guess scaling DPI and the API are interfacing badly, at least without looking at your further information...
                          Can you do me a favour? Win8 has compatability mode, yeah? Try running it in compat for Win7.

Failing that, do you have an integrated graphics card? (I.E. Your computer usually runs Intel Integrated for most applications and a 'high-powered' card for other things...)?
                          If you don't know, I'll help you find out. But if you do, try forcing one card or the other, even if it's the stronger card that's running now; I have to run some problems with the weaker card on my laptop(!) to get some results, sometimes.
                          Hope this helps, good luck.

API = Application-Program Interface. Think of it like a toolkit that helps tell the program what you want it do, so that you can more easily build content... Like mods!
                          SMAPI does that for Stardew Valley, but then mods that make use of it require it to run.
                          Does that help?

• ClxS

New version released

Hi all!
                            So here's version 0.37.2: https://github.com/ClxS/SMAPI/releases/tag/0.37.2

It introduces a few new features for mod developers:
                            - Added KeyReleased event
                            - Added event handlers for GamePads

Thanks to some contributions from others on GitHub, it has also had a bit of a clean-up internally.

Again, tested using SmartMod, ItemPrices, and FreezeInside.

So, I've decided that unless there's a big bug I need to fix, the next version of SMAPI will be 0.38.0, in this version I'm going to introduce a few new features.
                            I'm going to introduce the new mod layout which allows for content only mods, and allows for mod dependencies so mods will give out errors if required mods are not installed.
                            I'm also going to integrate some of the features that made StardewInjector cool, which are also the core part of the Storm API. This will allow us to write callback events for practically any function, as well as inject our own information into the game.
                            I'm also wanting wrappers for stuff like the Bundle information to be easy to obtain.

I'm expecting things to remain backwards compatible when going to 0.38.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
                              Drogean, Yoshify and Acrimonia like this.
                            • Acrimonia

Handy, especially what's coming in the next version. I'm extremely glad for mod dependencies, the amount of headaches those have caused me over the years could probably be measured by the metric barrel of asprin. Looking forward to the next release, and thanks for the heads up!

• skedone

new version is still the same for me here is what i mean by the way, size what i mean about the screen size being off , also the screen can leave the screen too which is nice [​IMG]

• aganbold

aganbold Void-Bound Voyager

Please add skill level setting and profession choosing

• Acrimonia

Skedone, have you tried disabling Visual Themes before launching?
                                    See if that does anything in regards to the window resizing error.

• Afterscore

Afterscore Weight of the Sky

geforce61 likes this.
                                      • Emtu

Emtu Subatomic Cosmonaut

Make sure you've installed the TrainerMod dll.

• Emtu

Emtu Subatomic Cosmonaut

It's packed in the zip with the API EXE. In the Mods folder.

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.