WIP Taxes Mod

Discussion in 'Mods' started by bdawson1993, Mar 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. bdawson1993

bdawson1993 Tentacle Wrangler

Tax Mod
    a small mod with a big future. at the moment the mod will deduct money from you daily (will be changed to weekly). As a Land ownership Tax. The amount is currently 500gp, but this is configurable along with how often the money is deducted.

Installation
    assuming you have SMAPI installed simply navigate to your mods directory and place all files in there.

Planned Features
    a configurable file to change money and frequency. ✓ Done
    consequences if you miss payments.
    Taxes on sold goods to be paid at the end of each season ✓ Partially Done
    Charges to use Town Services - Thanks to http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/greedy-mayor-game-difficulty-option.108796/#post-2809971

...More as Brain crunches Ideas

Download
    http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/38/?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
    • Topodic

Topodic Void-Bound Voyager

I like it. I look forward to you expanding on this, will add a nice extra layer of challenge to the game that isn't too overbearing. :up:

• TheSilentObserver

TheSilentObserver Big Damn Hero

Might I suggest a minor change? Mayor Manpersonguy does have a line of dialogue in which he mentions taxes...

• xjapanboy

xjapanboy Subatomic Cosmonaut

This game is getting more complex and realistic, love it :love:

• bdawson1993

Thanks for the positive response means a lot :)

I will see if I see if I can get a dialogue going with Mayor Manpersonguy, if not I will add a letter that he sends you when the mod is first Run. I am also working on the config file which should have up and running in next few days.

• Svered

Svered Astral Cartographer

Suggestion for the future, if it's doable: Increase the rent/taxes dynamically as you upgrade your farm. That or maybe something like at the end of each month you pay some percentage of what you earned from shipped items (or one of the categories like just crops (maybe even different tax rates for different goods)). Something to make it scale dynamically so that people who end up ridiculously rich have something to be cautious of but it doesn't kill new players and there's less editing to make the cost balanced each play session.

• Cimeni

Cimeni Phantasmal Quasar

Taxes would make more sense than rent, since your grandfather gave you the farm. He owned it, now you own it.

...but it is quite a large plot of land, and yep, that'd have taxes c<

• bdawson1993

its was on the plans, but thank you anyway :)
                  I haven't given much information on the initial post as its my first time publishing a mod :) I will edit it soon with a full list a planned features.

• Stealth103

Stealth103 Orbital Explorer

It's a farm though, so likely to have a tax subsidy :nod:

• bdawson1993

It was meant to be called Taxes mod, but when I created the project I called it rent and was too lazy to change it :p

• FenixR

FenixR Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah it would be better as Taxes depending on what you ship, alternatively make a Loan mod where you ask for a Loan with High interest rate per season.

• bdawson1993

I will try and implement all of your ideas as best as I can :)

• eagerbeaver

eagerbeaver Void-Bound Voyager

I would rename it to taxes rather than rent. And have the rent increase depending on your total gold.

So if player has 100000 gold it would not be 500 in taxes but maybe 10K in taxes

• bdawson1993

Yeah totally agree with you. most of the stuff I plan on adding now will be down the line of taxes, I may keep what I have now in, but it will be more along the lines of a property tax than rent.

• bdawson1993

I've updated the mod. Now includes a config file, and a short intro letter that will show when you first run the game with the mod installed. Enjoy :)

• cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

Added to mod list!

• bdawson1993

• Ultimoos

Ultimoos Space Hobo

• bdawson1993

Just an update for everyone, with the emerging of Storm I will be support both Storm and SMAPI. And other news I'm currently working on money being charged on your sold goods. This will be a percentage of the goods value. So if a goods value is 64 and the deductible tax is 13(Rounded from 12.8) again like everything I have done this will be configurable.

• Aemi

Aemi Starship Captain

maybe some of that tax money can go to some town beautification projects! There is a lot of stuff thats run down, overgrown, and just outright broken in the town. fence repair, new roads, park upgrades, maybe even stuff like home renovations for the villagers and something involving the community center you poured your soul into for so long! Besides, there is that nice blue warehouse market off to one side that could stand to be burned down and turned into something nice.