Tool StarDew Valley ModManager(SDVMM) 3 -VB based

Discussion in 'Mods' started by yuukiw, Mar 2, 2016.

1. yuukiw

yuukiw Scruffy Nerf-Herder

small update xnb support is coming along good

• MetaSieg

MetaSieg Phantasmal Quasar

Wow a mod manager already. Good job, keep it up.

• Doonutful

Doonutful Void-Bound Voyager

I can't seem to get it to work. I put the .xnb file in the tobeinstalled folder and install the files but the mod doesn't show up in game. Is there anything i could possibly be doing wrong?

yuukiw likes this.
        • yuukiw

the batch version doesnt work with xnb.
          But the VB version will very soon^^

• yuukiw

1.2 out

Acrimonia likes this.
            • Acrimonia

Acrimonia Subatomic Cosmonaut

Again, very fast updates. Did you see the banner roughdraft I threw together back on page one? Is that what you had in mind, or..?
              Basically, if it's in my power to help, let me know if I can.

• yuukiw

which one? I just saw the ico.

• Acrimonia

The text for 'Like this' is a link; keep in mind I'm quite fine if it's not to your liking. I'm more trying to get a feel for what you're looking for.

• yuukiw

would it be possible to get MM to look more like Stardew Valles

Acrimonia likes this.
                    • Acrimonia

Sure! I was being lazy, because I've developed a crippling respect for spriteartists while working on portraits for new NPCS; give me about a weekend or so, which should be plenty of time for an actual and legitimate artist to step onto the scene, heh.
                      I'll post here when I've got something that looks decent.

Edit: Lied, here you go.
                      The 'O' is pretty ugly, but I'm not too unhappy with the rest.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
                      • yuukiw

The good new:
                        [​IMG]
                        The bad news:
                        [​IMG]

Acrimonia likes this.
                        • Acrimonia

Wow, that actually looks better then I thought! More importantly, about the update size...
                          Are you pulling from the master section?
                          I.E. Try:
                          https://github.com/ClxS/SMAPI/archive/master.zip
                          And see if that does it. I think github still allows programs to pull directly from the master...

• yuukiw

it was an error with the used comand he couldnt handle the zip file. another one did work.
                            Next update will be out soon^^

Acrimonia likes this.
                            • yuukiw

1.3 is out.

• yuukiw

right now working on theoretical Storm support

• yuukiw

1.4 with storm support and ficed automatic SMAPI update out

Acrimonia likes this.
                                  • sa1nt

sa1nt Subatomic Cosmonaut

I downloaded the current version, when I start it, it says "update avalaible, want to update now?" when I click yes, it produces this error

Code:

************** Ausnahmetext **************
                                    System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Es wurde versucht, einen nicht autorisierten Vorgang auszuführen.
                                      bei Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileIO.FileSystem.ThrowWinIOError(Int32 errorCode)
                                      bei Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileIO.FileSystem.CopyOrMoveFile(CopyOrMove operation, String sourceFileName, String destinationFileName, Boolean overwrite, UIOptionInternal showUI, UICancelOption onUserCancel)
                                      bei SDVMM.MainForm.Update()
                                      bei SDVMM.MainForm.checkSmapiUpdate()
                                      bei SDVMM.MainForm.SDVMM_Startup()
                                      bei SDVMM.MainForm._Lambda$__1(Object a0, EventArgs a1)
                                      bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnShown(EventArgs e)
                                      bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.CallShownEvent()
                                      bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
                                      bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
                                      bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
                                      bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
                                      bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
                                      bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
                                      bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()

************** Geladene Assemblys **************
                                    mscorlib
                                      Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0.
                                      Win32-Version: 4.6.1063.1 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE.
                                      CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll.
                                    ----------------------------------------
                                    SDVMM
                                      Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.0.
                                      Win32-Version: 1.0.0.0.
                                      CodeBase: file:///G:/Steam/steamapps/common/Stardew%20Valley/02_Modmanager/SVMM.exe-21-1-4a.exe.
                                    System.Windows.Forms
                                      Win32-Version: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2.
                                      CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll.
                                    System
                                      CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll.
                                    System.Drawing
                                      Win32-Version: 4.6.1068.2 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE.
                                      CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll.
                                    Microsoft.VisualBasic
                                      Assembly-Version: 10.0.0.0.
                                      Win32-Version: 14.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2.
                                      CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll.
                                    System.Core
                                      CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll.
                                    System.Deployment
                                      CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll.
                                    System.Deployment.resources
                                      CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.resources.dll.
                                    mscorlib.resources
                                      CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll.
                                    System.Windows.Forms.resources
                                      CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll.

Only if I click "No", I can use the manager normally.
                                    Is this an error on my end? Do I have to update my .NET or sth?

• yuukiw

as far as i can interprate it he tries to move the files but fails do to so.
                                      Could you open the update folder and check if he downloaded the updated and extracted it?

And it seems you have .net 4.0 ? The programm is written with 4.5 but i dont think this should be the issue since the Io.FileSystem is avaible since .net 2.0

• yuukiw

could you also try that build: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zmj7lvh4ja33sfj/SDVMM.exe?dl=0
                                        it added an exception catch, which means it shouldnt outright crash. I just would need the errorlevel it displays

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
                                        • VergilCarter

VergilCarter Tentacle Wrangler

I try to start the game with the MM and encounter every time this error message

Code:
                                          ************** Ausnahmetext **************
                                          System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden
                                             bei System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
                                             bei System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
                                             bei System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
                                             bei SDVMM.MainForm.LSDV_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                                             bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
                                             bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
                                             bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
                                             bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
                                             bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
                                             bei System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
                                             bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
                                             bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
                                             bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
                                             bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Geladene Assemblys **************
                                          mscorlib
                                              Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR.
                                              CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll.
                                          SDVMM
                                              Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.0.
                                              Win32-Version: 1.0.0.0.
                                              CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Dennis/Desktop/SDVMM.exe.
                                          System.Windows.Forms
                                              Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.34250 built by: FX452RTMGDR.
                                              CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll.
                                          System.Drawing
                                              Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.36337 built by: FX452RTMLDR.
                                              CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll.
                                          System
                                              Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.34239 built by: FX452RTMGDR.
                                              CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll.
                                          Accessibility
                                              Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL.
                                              CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll.
                                          Microsoft.VisualBasic
                                              Assembly-Version: 10.0.0.0.
                                              Win32-Version: 12.0.20806.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL.
                                              CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll.
                                          System.Core
                                              CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll.
                                          System.Deployment
                                              Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.34274 built by: FX452RTMGDR.
                                              CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll.
                                          System.Deployment.resources
                                              Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.36213 built by: FX452RTMLDR.
                                              CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.resources.dll.
                                          System.Windows.Forms.resources
                                              Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.36213 built by: FX452RTMLDR.
                                              CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll.
                                          mscorlib.resources
                                              CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll.

************** JIT-Debuggen **************
                                          Um das JIT-Debuggen (Just-In-Time) zu aktivieren, muss in der
                                          Konfigurationsdatei der Anwendung oder des Computers
                                          (machine.config) der jitDebugging-Wert im Abschnitt system.windows.forms festgelegt werden.
                                          Die Anwendung muss mit aktiviertem Debuggen kompiliert werden.

Zum Beispiel:

<configuration>
                                              <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
                                          </configuration>

Wenn das JIT-Debuggen aktiviert ist, werden alle Ausnahmefehler an den JIT-Debugger gesendet, der auf dem
                                          Computer registriert ist, und nicht in diesem Dialogfeld behandelt.

And i dont know what it want from me :)