Modding Discussion NPC Marriage Inject Life

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ice799, Mar 6, 2016.

1. ice799

ice799 Lucky Number 13

So I have put about 65+ hours into the game and I got it few days ago and have already gone past year three.

I had a lot of fun stalking NPCs and figuring out their daily routines and great fun learning about them in general and figuring out who they are.

Like for example:

Abigail: On Tuesday She plays her flute
    Every Friday she goes to the Saloon with her father. (Claiming is sort of a "tradition")
    Also, she supposedly try to catch frogs on rainy days (Never Actually seen this one)

Haley: Mondays(Spring) she heads by Leah's cottage and takes picture of the lake

Penny: Teaches Jas and Vincet on various days

I'm sure there are a lot of other (better) examples, but my point is: When you marry these characters they stop living their life completely. All they do is wander around the house and stare at various furniture all day.

I just want a little more life from my NPCs, the start was great, everyone busy about their own things. Things like the aerobics session every Tuesday.

I just want characters to still have a routine, albeit changed up with marriage and/or kids.

Just my thoughts. Don't even know if its possible.

What do you gentlemen/ladies think?

• superfranky

superfranky Poptop Tamer

I think it's a great idea. They also could be gone for a part of the day if they have a job outside of sitting at home on your farm.

• carnage157

carnage157 Pangalactic Porcupine

And if they have a job make it so they bring back a profit home.

Naly likes this.
        • MyLeah

MyLeah Poptop Tamer

i agree. since my leah didnt leave somewhere beside our farm. only festival that she dance with eliot. i dont know why

• Nilhelheim

Nilhelheim Void-Bound Voyager

Mmmm.... you can actually do it. There is a path system on the NPCs... I guess the XNB its set for something like that.. i mean the characters do have a path and behavior, the only thing would be, modify them after marriage... And give them specific chores. but hoping that doesnt mess up with the childrens.

• xjapanboy

xjapanboy Subatomic Cosmonaut

Haven't married yet but the testimonies says it all.
              Sounds great, maybe the job they have to do is help managing Farm, take care of animal? hmmmmm works in JojaMart?

Sorry for my bad english & grammar nazi

• heartphilia

heartphilia Subatomic Cosmonaut

I actually thought Sebastian would keep up his freelancer job as a programmer... and Elliot is a writer, if I remember correctly? Penny is a tutor/teacher.. Why can't they do that? Emily works at the bar and Maru/Harvey at the clinic. Most of them have a job. They could get a bit of money from there and that would also save them from feeling cut off the town even though it's like one screen away lol

• Pyrii

Pyrii Existential Complex

I agree with this, you marry person to share life together, not to cage them up in your house. Kind of sends the wrong message about marriage imo. I'd like to see this officially added, but in the meantime, a mod would be great

• ice799

ice799 Lucky Number 13

These are great points I never thought about the people who actually have jobs.

Also there was a harvest moon game where you had a partner when you started. And you could assign chores for them to do for the day.

Could be a an interesting way to maintain the chores system in game and have them have a routine that's unique to each marriageable person.

• TerraXanthis

TerraXanthis Void-Bound Voyager

Absolutely agree with this. It's something that always bugged me about the Harvest Moon games, as well. Someone, make this happen!

• Norsewind

Norsewind Void-Bound Voyager

Honestly, Leah, would probably one of the easiest to start with, since the whole art/sculpture thing, she could do that even on the farm yet :) <3

• Avarwen

Avarwen Pangalactic Porcupine

Love this idea would be nice to have them doing something also it would be cool to have them working on the farm to save you some time.

• Zio_Matrix

Zio_Matrix Void-Bound Voyager

+1 support for lively spouses.

I'm having war flashbacks to Harvest Moon DS. You could marry the Harvest Goddess herself and she wouldn't even stay with you.

• ice799

ice799 Lucky Number 13

What would be helpful would be a spreadsheet with all the marriageable characters routines on it. Could easy plug similar events into the mod.

Does such a thing exists yet? I noticed the wiki is very incomplete in this matter.