Modding Discussion Possible Additional NPC Mods (Plus My Ideas)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by burningleos, Mar 6, 2016.

?

Do you think its a great mod idea?

1. Heck Yes!

31 vote(s)
    83.8%
  2. Heck No!

6 vote(s)
    16.2%
  1. burningleos

burningleos Cosmic Narwhal

Something came to me as an idea to include the ability to add aditional NPCS into the game, like, they aren't really important story wise, But they can be either single or already have a family, And a suggestion came to me of making my own indie game character as a random NPC person, Mostly to promote my indie game, and to see if you guys like his personality or not

This is an Example of what my indie game character should look like in SDV
    Kaiser Leospike
    [​IMG]

(Also Note, I Apologize for my bad pixel art, I couldn't find a decent sized image in the SDV Folder, so i had to "improvise")

But anyways the only thing i'm concerned about is that the ability to add NPCs aren't very availible, and you might have to modify an already out there NPC at this moment, but for now, If only concernedape is okay of allowing us to get a basic set of AI or NPC sprites that we can possibly add a set of Modded NPCs in our future versions of Stardew Valley

• ShioriShi

ShioriShi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Important or not, being able to add new npc characters to the game would let is expand the game quite a bit.
      The game already has a decent amount of mods, so simplifying the process of adding things would be welcome in my oppinion.

HollandVG and burningleos like this.
      • burningleos

Exactly, So If concerned ape will be willing to give us the sprite sheets and its AI, we might be able to make our own NPCs

• burningleos

Anyways, Since I got some ideas to discuss about the Additional NPCs, Like working on the Dialogue, and Character Development (This is important for the addition for Bachelors and Bachelorettes) And Whatever i think an NPC should have in its AI, it would be great that if SDV ever had offspring, i think its best to discuss what "scripted" children you would have if you would to marry the modded NPC (I'm putting Fire Emblem Awakening and Fates as examples, Because the offspring are scripted from the fathers, and mothers for Fates, Yet Hair color is based on either the father or mother)

• KuroBear

KuroBear Phantasmal Quasar

Do you like?

pure mod without re-edit xnb

img.png

img2.png

keyten and burningleos like this.
            • burningleos

• KuroBear

just need setting their hobbit

burningleos likes this.
              • KuroBear

• Pyrii

Pyrii Existential Complex

HollandVG likes this.
              • KuroBear

• burningleos

It looks great, but it seems more work needs to be done for your doraemon to be an existing NPC in the land of SDV

• burningleos

• burningleos

• Toumato

Toumato Starship Captain

Doraemon, thats amazing

burningleos likes this.