Dev Blog 2nd March - Moth Friends

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Mar 2, 2016.

1. lemon flavoured

lemon flavoured Aquatic Astronaut

Controller support would be cool, definitely.

Yarott likes this.
  2. Yarott

Yarott Phantasmal Quasar

If I remember right, Terraria is getting controller support in their next update. It took them years to add it, and they are about to hit Version 1.3.1. So, I wouldn't know if we are to get it here by 1.0 or 2.0 or so...

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  3. lemon flavoured

Terraria also had a console version though, which makes it kind of stupid not to include controller support in the PC version.

4. emeraldgreen72

emeraldgreen72 Phantasmal Quasar

There is something I've wanted to know for a while with starbound on Xbox will there be cross play or whatever you call it like if my cousin has starbound for Xbox and I have starbound for PC will we be able to play with each other

5. Mastercheif7714

Mastercheif7714 Void-Bound Voyager

I know this is off topic but I would like to know if the matter manipulator will be ubtained in a different way because every time in nightly I have to do a /aicommand to get it and I want to know if it is a bug or actually intended not to be in S.A.I.L

6. pjeeeeeee

pjeeeeeee Void-Bound Voyager

It's getting moth in here!

7. Yarott

Yarott Phantasmal Quasar

And it took them 2+ years to do that.

lemon flavoured likes this.
  8. lemon flavoured

IIRC they have said that they don't want to include the starter mission where you get the matter manipulator in the nightly so as to avoid spoilers.

9. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I've played it. All the data are there. Map, cutscenes, everything.

I even extended it to support Felin players.

10. Thomas25181

Thomas25181 Void-Bound Voyager

Not sure if it's just me or what but since this update Nightly when i try to play it says disk write error i was able to play Unstable though and normal starbound just not Nightly not sure why though every other game and such works and i did all the steam support stuff to try and fix it

11. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

We're all getting that. Don't report it here. Report in Support.

12. hoboshoe

hoboshoe Astral Cartographer

I figured out how to attract the moths, just put your wallet in a box after a steam sale.

13. Saeryf

Saeryf Phantasmal Quasar

I would love for the console version to go up, surely, but I would be ecstatic just to see controller support for PC. Lounging and playing with controller on Starbound would be phenomenal. I realize that Terraria took a good long time to reach console and get controller support in that way (far longer for the PC version to get it), but was just tossing out a question really. I don't mean to pressure them, I doubt the question would do so honestly, just curious more than anything.

Even in the current state Starbound is easily one of my favorite games, full stop. Keep being awesome, you guys.

14. Sir Wilfrey

Sir Wilfrey Spaceman Spiff

Y'know what we need more of? Bees. Lots of bees! I know there's a bee mod but you can never have too many bees. Bees.

15. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Oh, no! Not the bees!

Sir Wilfrey likes this.
  16. Sir Wilfrey

Sir Wilfrey Spaceman Spiff

It'd make a nice replacement to the bland ol' bugs found about the place, they can produce various things and whatnot as in the actual "Bees!" mod, just an idea!

17. Ferretic

Ferretic Aquatic Astronaut

Did I hear...BEES?

I FEEL A MEME COMING ON.

[​IMG]

lemon flavoured and Sir Wilfrey like this.
  18. jjcm04

jjcm04 Twenty-three is number one

I'm going to like this since I do like collecting items and making things with them. I wish there were other uses for the leather and items that you collect from monsters :) Cant wait for more items and when the release comes out:)