Undertale

Discussion in 'Games' started by Zetlin97, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Benkinz99

Benkinz99 Pangalactic Porcupine

P.S.
    YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

Took a little while to get around to it, but ERMAGERD THANKS. Literally exactly what I was looking for. You da best.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2016
  2. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

If you wish to add more to the discussion please use the edit button next time.
    Double posting is discouraged.

I have merged your posts for you.

3. TTStooge

TTStooge Big Damn Hero

Say what you will, but in my eyes, Asriel is hard lesson for us: You can't save everyone.

I wouldn't necessarily mind if Toby did have some thing or another where Asriel can be saved, but I think it kind of ruins the message.

But that's just me.

4. LOL BALL

LOL BALL Existential Complex

The real sad thing is how a majority of everyone doesn't see the true message of undertale.
    Well, we are the ones who do.:up:

TTStooge likes this.
  5. Benkinz99

Benkinz99 Pangalactic Porcupine

Those posts were meant to be separate. The first was me freaking out at BonaBopns glorious idea, and the other one was me thanking
    TTStooge for filling in a request I made earlier. Sorry that they came right after each other, but that just happened to be how they came.

6. The | Suit

Double posting is double posting, there is no "separate".

7. MrVauxs

MrVauxs Giant Laser Beams

8. MrVauxs

Even more bullshit

9. hatakesans

hatakesans Subatomic Cosmonaut

Time for some JojoxUndertale crossovers!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
    Apathy Applied, LOL BALL and MrVauxs like this.
  10. MrVauxs

t..too... TOO MUCH.... ANIME *DIES*

The Alonne likes this.
  11. LAMPsink

LAMPsink Space Hobo

synchronized SPIDER DANCE!!!!

12. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

*Ech!! *I'm Jon!!! *and dis is my friend... *jon!!!
    *Ech!! *I'm Jon!!! *and dis is my friend... *jon!!!
    *Ech!! *I'm Jon!!! *don forget my friend!
    *hi. *I'm Arin.

no shame

hatakesans, The Alonne and LOL BALL like this.
  13. hatakesans

hatakesans Subatomic Cosmonaut

JoJo isnt an anime or a manga either, it's a way of life.

14. Apathy Applied

Apathy Applied Ketchup Robot

Anime IS real!

DustyScabbard likes this.
  15. Justcamefordownloads

Justcamefordownloads Void-Bound Voyager

It's a damn game, the characters are not real, some characters are programed to react to certain actions ignoring others, like saving, reseting and reloading a save file, if you don't have the guts to kill all the characters then you are some sort of baby.

Flame

16. The | Suit

The opposite is also true though, because it is a game you are free to play it how ever you want.

For example you could kill all the characters or even try to beat the game blind folded.

All that matters in the end of the day is you had fun doing what you did.

Apathy Applied and TTStooge like this.
  17. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

While I've not played Undertale, I am a big fan of games like Thief, Deus Ex and Dishonored. Games you can absolutely finish without killing anyone (or, at the very least, the vast majority of characters you come across). Does that make one a 'baby' for doing so? Am I a 'baby' for leaving City Watch and Belltower guards snoozing in the broom closet instead of popping a metaphorical cap in their proverbial arse? Not at all.

It's one thing to shoot a mook in the head. Bam, they're down, out of the way for good. Easy. But sneaking up behind them undetected, waiting until they're out of sight of their allies, knocking them out with a quick melee attack to the back of the head, and dragging them away so that their allies don't come across their dozing body and wake them up before sounding the alarm? Not quite as straightforward, and therein lies the reward. You're not taking the easy path; you're outwitting your opponent. Of course, the stealth metaphor doesn't completely apply to Undertale, but from what I understand the pacifist approach does require a level of thought and discipline. So, there is some similarity there.

You also don't quite seem to have grasped the idea that a number of people, believe it or not, will actually develop an attachment to a game's world and characters. The objective of most works of fiction is to do so. People are in it for entertainment and escapism, after all. If the player isn't invested in a narrative-driven game's story, then they're not going to have as good a time. It's not helped by the fact that sometimes these things can be very subjective, but at least high-quality writing tends to stand a better chance. Considering Undertale has received a high level of acclaim from both users and critics, the developer must have done something right.

But there's also the niggling detail that flaming is prohibited under forum rules. While I do thank you for thoughtfully labeling your post as such, I'm sure we can all keep this civil.

18. The Alonne

The Alonne Ketchup Robot

And guess who's gonna have a bad time?
    *ba-dum tss*

Apathy Applied and Jonesy like this.
  19. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Even though I'm aware of that line, I genuinely did not see that. :rofl:

Corraidhín and The Alonne like this.
  20. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

That kind of attitude is exactly what the genocide route is about. It's not about psychopathy. You're doing it because you can. Because you want to see the evil ending. Because these people, to you, are just another form of consumable media. And you will consume them, exhausting them of all possible enjoyment, and forget about them.
    Sans isn't fighting Frisk. He's not even fighting Chara. He's fighting people like you.