RELEASED All about Shane

Discussion in 'Characters' started by EltonScone, Mar 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. EltonScone

EltonScone Star Wrangler

Clearly I am new here, so please tell me if I'm being too much of a dumb-dumb.
    After tooling about etc, I decided to give Shane a new sweater because I felt sad for him getting about in that old torn-to-buggery number. I also have variations of him with and without his stubble.
    All you gotta do is un-zip and pick only one file -Stubble or no- to plop in your Character Portraits folder in your Stardew files.
    Easy peasy.
    The .png in each folder is just a demo as to what it will look like.
    I've tested it all out myself but let me know if I'm doing something wrong. I'm still learning and I like constructive criticism.
    Welp... hope you enjoy :)

Attached Files:

Medicell, Aemi, raenevigil and 5 others like this.
    • Baerynne

Baerynne Space Hobo

Thanks for sharing! Giving the Babe a proper jacket.
      No hobo for Shane. ;)

pallida.mors and EltonScone like this.
      • Requiem

Requiem Phantasmal Quasar

We just need now a SHAAAAAAAAAANNNEEEEE sound file trigger, whenever the player keeps interacting with the NPC Shane...

You don't know what the heck I am talking about? Google for: Shaun, Heavy Rain Glitch ... and start laughing!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
        • cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

Added to mod list!

EltonScone likes this.
          • Acrimonia

Acrimonia Subatomic Cosmonaut

Shane wouldn't be the same without the stubble, but I'm always glad to see him getting more attention. Good work!

EltonScone likes this.
            • zombieplaid

zombieplaid Void-Bound Voyager

sooo... I totally placed this in the wrong file, and stupid me was all "how easy is this, I don't need to back anything up"

Woul anyone be so kind as to upload Shane's character .xnb, so I can fix my foolish error?

• EltonScone

EltonScone Star Wrangler

Hey, cheers! :D

• EltonScone

EltonScone Star Wrangler

Do you mean Shane.xnb in the character folder? Easy mistake to make! :) this should be the original Shane.xnb in the Character folder.

Attached Files:

• endermaryn

endermaryn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Awesome! I feel bad for Shane. He is such a depressed character. It is so nice seeing him get some love and attention.

• Aemi

Aemi Starship Captain

I kinda wanna try this out but so many mods for portraits have been stylized and i dont want it to clash with the other portraits too much. Does anyone have a screenshot of this in action so I can peek at it before I download it?

• serella

serella Intergalactic Tourist

@Aemi

I attached a composite image I put together of the original Shane portraits, then the modded versions, first with stubble and then without. No major changes to the character.

Attached Files:

• Aemi

Aemi Starship Captain

that is SO MUCH BETTER! omg thank you!