RELEASED [SMAPI] Rise and Shine! Configurable wake-up time.

Discussion in 'Gameplay Mechanics' started by Yoshify, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Yoshify

Yoshify Intergalactic Tourist

Using mods that made my days longer left me thinking "Damn, do I really want to wait this long for the stores to open?"

This is my answer to that issue. By default, Rise and Shine will wake you up at 9:00am (As opposed to the default 6:00am), this is configurable through the RiseAndShine.ini included. Also, as of v1.1, you can wake up at a different time on the weekend (If you wish to sleep in), this is disabled by default but edited through the "WeekendWakeUpAt" value in the config.

Please note that this requires the latest SMAPI to use. Simply drag and drop the contents of the downloaded zip into the Mods folder in your Stardew Valley directory.

Please feel free to report any issues, and as always - Enjoy!

Downloads
    Download
    Source

Changelog

07/03/2016 - v1.1 *LATEST*:

• No longer dependent on the TrainerMod included with SMAPI.
    • Fixed bug where the time wasn't set on the first day of a new season.
    • Added new feature - Wake up at a different time on the weekend (If you wish to sleep in), disabled by default, changed in the config.
    05/03/2016 - v1.0:
    • Release.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
    • cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

I'm curious about NPC behavior if you wake up at 9. Will Pierre be standing behind the counter of his store, for example? I've used SMAPI to increase the time from 6:30 to 9 before and it didn't move him there.

Added to the modding list!

• Yoshify

Great observation! I've (yet) to encounter any issue like this as the time is set the moment you wake up on a new day. I'm assuming that this gives the NPC's time to get to where they're supposed to be before you get there.

Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
        • MagOtter

MagOtter Void-Bound Voyager

Are you able to set it to wake up before 6AM? And if so, has this caused anyone issues?

• Yoshify

I haven't tested that, but give it a shot! Just change the time in the config.

• Kulturbanause

Kulturbanause Phantasmal Quasar

hmm. I set the ini to 800 (08:00 AM) and i woke up at 09:00 AM....

• Drogean

Drogean Scruffy Nerf-Herder

this is great thanks, i hated dicking around for 3 ingame hours after i woke up before i could hit up the stores

this + time slowdown = perfect

• Yoshify

Can you please scroll up through the console when you first start the game and find "Rise and Shine Mod has loaded!". Just above and below that there'll be a few more lines related to Rise and Shine, can you tell me what those say?

You're welcome! Exact reason I made this. :)

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
                  • kiseruyoru

kiseruyoru Void-Bound Voyager

Unfortunately, for me all the shopkeepers stay in bed all day long if I use this *shrugs* I tried just taking this off and it fixed it so I'ma just have to wait for shops to open :p Only really gonna be an issue on days I need to visit the blacksmith.

For the record I was using the .37 version with the .37 SMAPI (first thing I checked). Still, cool mod tho.

• Yoshify

Interesting. I've yet to see anything like that, but I'll look into it. Do they really stay in bed all day long? As in, they don't do any of their daily routines? Changing the time shouldn't break the AI like that.

• Kulturbanause

Had a switch in season from spring to summer and woke up at 0600 ... weird that in spring i woke up at 0800.

• Yoshify

I actually think I know what's causing this. Can you confirm if it was only the first day of the season? Are the other days okay?

• Yoshify

New update!

07/03/2016 - v1.1:
                            • No longer dependent on the TrainerMod included with SMAPI.
                            • Fixed bug where the time wasn't set on the first day of a new season.
                            • Added new feature - Wake up at a different time on the weekend (If you wish to sleep in), disabled by default, changed in the config.

Drogean likes this.
                            • mehmehmoh

mehmehmoh Seal Broken

I'm almost certain waking up after 9/10 eventually messes with the NPC cycles. I've been playing with this mod on a new savegame and when I got to the Robin's lost axe quest I wasn't able to complete it because she wouldn't ever leave her bed anymore. She just lay in bed for 3 days straight with Demetrius (until I disabled your mod and started a new day, now everything seems to be back to normal again)
                              I'm not 100% sure it's just this mod because I have 5 more (including TimeSpeed and FreezeInside) so it could be a combination.

• Drogean

Drogean Scruffy Nerf-Herder

this is a must have mod for me! any chance of porting to STORM?

• Kulturbanause

Same issue here. It fucks the schedules for the npcs up. I deactivated it to be able purchase at the shops. Bad news i think..

• dem0z

dem0z Star Wrangler

Oh so it's not just only me, yep same happens when i installed this mod, hope this gets fixed.

• Yoshify

Storm port will be coming when I've got time - it's the weekend now so I should be fine to work on it. :p

Also, I've yet to experience the issue of NPC schedules messing up personally, but I believe it's a problem that (unfortunately) cannot be fixed as the AI is something I'm not comfortable with messing with unless I know what specifically is causing the schedules to be messed up. I'll look into it.

Drogean likes this.
                                      • Jigain

Jigain Phantasmal Quasar

Well, I'll admit I'm no coder, but the primary suspect for why the NPC's schedule is messed up isn't too hard to spot.

NPC A is in bed.
                                        NCP A is supposed to leave this position at 8 30 AM.
                                        Day starts at 9 00 AM.
                                        8 30 AM never comes.
                                        NPC A remains in bed, waiting for 8 30 AM.

That's the most obvious theory, at least.

Le edit: Removed some formatting from the times because 8:30 becomes an emoticon (emoji (smiley) ).

• SKKN

SKKN Big Damn Hero

So this mod is dead? such a shame.