Modding Discussion OLD--POST IN NEW THREAD--Mod List, Modding Guides, and General Modding Discussion

Discussion in 'Mods' started by cantorsdust, Feb 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 901109

901109 Void-Bound Voyager

yes!, do it !!!!!!:nuruflirt:

• Drogean

Drogean Scruffy Nerf-Herder

its right on the front page under guides

step by step with pictures

http://imgur.com/gallery/WCfeO/

• Rupert484

Rupert484 Title Not Found

Updated Overhauled Marriage Candidates to v1.2.1

Very minor change. Adjusted Leah's phone portrait to look less awkward and actually give her a thumb.

Download: https://mega.nz/#!MVtwQSxD!xu_Y0O3W-degIrtMIjFqyJPoG_MVM3343EAmedJyB5Y
        I won't remove the old download links anymore since having dead links is probably annoying.

Also made a dedicated thread for organization and neatness so I don't need to spam up this thread anymore :p
        http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/overhauled-marriage-candidates-v1-2-1.107998/

• Roebucksy

Roebucksy Void-Bound Voyager

Any update on this portrait mod SPRidley(or anyone really)? I really like your update and style and would love to use it as well as see more updates for other characters (Leah hint hint ;) ).

• Arstotzka

Arstotzka Orbital Explorer

Does using mods such as Mod Portraits Anime Style and FreezeInside Mod disable steam achievements?

• cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

No to the first mod, but any mod requiring SMAPI (all DLL mods) will.

• malgorbia

malgorbia Void-Bound Voyager

• Alan Minder

Alan Minder Starship Captain

Okay I don't get it, it's a bit surprising even
                Been playing the game three days straight (in-game time, don't worry), and not once has it saved.
                I'm wondering if it's the SMAPI's fault, so I just start a normal game alongside the API one; go to sleep, it saves just fine. I decide to retry with another API game, using exactly the same .exe; I open it, I go to sleep, it saves.
                So basically, my game right now refuses to save, even though it is entirely willing to save when I open a new game with the existing save.
                It's still open and I'd rather not lose three days straight. I'll try it again just in case, one last day, but losing four days would be nothing short of painful...
                a solution perhaps ? Or am I frankly just doomed ? Is there a way to "force" the game to save ? A quicksave of some sort ?

EDIT
                Phew ! It saved just as I was ready to flat-out give up and abandon all hope of saving FIVE days of work and progress ! I was so discouraged I was willing to just delete my save and restart all over...
                Thank god !

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
                • Cornuthaum

Cornuthaum Space Spelunker

Why does SMAPI disable achievements? I know the Injector doesn't, and that's an exe replacement too.

• cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

OP will be updated again shortly with all the mods that have come out today!

Um, I'm counting 8 numbers after weather. Looks like 0.5 is what you want to edit.

Update XNB Node to 0.1.2. If you're still having trouble, try using XNB Builder instead. It's a common problem.

I'll take a look at this later. I didn't realize there were maps for every season, and I'm not sure where they are stored. Inari may know better; I will ask her.

While ambitious, I wouldn't try to add items through SMAPI right now. I don't think it's ever been successfully done in anything other than a testing context, and I know saving your game will crash it. A new API will soon be out of development that will address this much better.

That's shitty. If the free one has feature parity I'll take the CheatHappens one off.

What about diagonal movement is currently broken?

In case this happens in the future, SMAPI TrainerMod does have a save command. I haven't used it myself, so no guarantee it works, but if you're desperate again it might be worth a shot.

Clovilah likes this.
                    • Cavador

Cavador Void-Bound Voyager

it is? oh my freaking god, thank you! I was convinced it was a Photoshop problem and was trying to save the damn pngs with all kinds of settings.

I just tested and the white backgrounds are gone :rofl:

Unfortunately the sprite now has a problem where the character floats above the ground, probably something to do with my making them one pixel taller... at least I know this one is my own fault though.

• MirriamV

MirriamV Void-Bound Voyager

malgorbia likes this.
                      • Bazy2016

Bazy2016 Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, thank you so much for this Post!

But i have a question regarding XACT on a Win10 machine, i've tried to install it the way you described and i got a error message, but i'm not sure what went wrong.
                        So i thought it might be Win10, the download says the Tool is from back in 2010 so most likely Win7, i think?
                        It would be good to know if that is the issue on my end here.

Also i would like to know how the converting of music in 16bit versions you mentioned above functions, because that is the part i'm most interested in, if this works the way i'm hoping it does, than i would use this tool for more then just this game. :)

Thanks again for this awsome guide on soundmodding! :)

• Galebourn

Galebourn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

malgorbia and MirriamV like this.
                        • Swit

Swit Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Can anybody make a mod that make hearts permanent, since they are slowly going down if you dont talk to everybody on daily base etc etc

DatYandereGirl likes this.
                          • DatYandereGirl

DatYandereGirl Big Damn Hero

Thanks!

• Kulturbanause

Kulturbanause Phantasmal Quasar

Best Thread so far. Thank you for this.

Acrimonia likes this.
                              • Alan Minder

Alan Minder Starship Captain

Okay, back with some update because it happened to me again; made me panic a bit less since I was now aware it might work out, but still.
                                My impression is that, basically, every time you get a new skill level, your saving feature doesn't happen. However, there seems to be a simple fix : dump some stuff in the big box next to your house, and after it counts it all, it automatically saves.
                                So it looks like the skills "break" the basic saving feature, but you just need to add the "safety" one after the money count at the end of the day.

Another note though : I'm saying that but perhaps the automatic saving took place because I reached the 28th of spring, when Demetrius comes to talk to you. It's not impossible the cutscene itself triggered the saving. I can't really tell, but my impression remains that the issue lies with the skills. Just don't get a new level or dump some stuff in and it'll be good.

• vstoto

vstoto Scruffy Nerf-Herder

• sanademonangel

sanademonangel Poptop Tamer

I have a quick question. Is there a list of the Items for the weapons? I have addtrainer.dll to add a few items, but I can't seem to find the weapons number list. I would appreciate any help?

Thread Status:
                                  Not open for further replies.