Modding Discussion OLD--POST IN NEW THREAD--Mod List, Modding Guides, and General Modding Discussion

Discussion in 'Mods' started by cantorsdust, Feb 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cornuthaum

Cornuthaum Space Spelunker

Including the seconds per ten minute ticks? I love to fiddle around with the landscaping on my farm and time just goes by far far too quickly on normal speeds ("oh snap I need an apple tree see-- wait it's 16:40, damn it")

• SgtPineapple1st

SgtPineapple1st Subatomic Cosmonaut

So I got my crop added to the game, where do I go and what do I change to add it to the store? Is it hardcoded? Should I wait for the new API?

• Galebourn

Galebourn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

From what I've heard, the shops are hardcoded. Pretty sad, because I really wanna see your new crops in the game.

Anyway, I made new Leah portraits:
        [​IMG]
        Making overworld sprites for this might be pretty hard, considering she looks completely different in this version.

Drogean and malgorbia like this.
        • SgtPineapple1st

I will be uploading what I have so far in my mod a little later today.

• Alan Minder

Alan Minder Starship Captain

That looks very nice Galebourn ! I'm now wondering which version I'd like more since she's the one I'm planning on marrying in the game.
            Still having the same test.png issue that won't let me use mods though

• BigHeadBerg

BigHeadBerg Seal Broken

I'm trying to edit fish.yaml so that fish with more stringent requirements (time and weather) will show up more often when they're available, so you actually have a chance to catch them instead of more perches, chubs, etc. The mod guide lists the fish data as follows: “Key_Id” : “FishName/chance to dart/darting randomness/darting intensity/darting_duration/start time to find/end time to find/season(s) to find in/weather to find in/turn_frequency/turnSpeed/turnIntensity/minSpeed/maxSpeed./speed change frequency/bobber difficulty" The problem is that there's only 5 values after the weather, while bobber difficulty is apparently supposed to be the 7th value after weather. Questions:

1. Should I just add 2 values after the existing ones?
              2. If I do add values, what should I set speed change frequency to to preserve the current values that the game uses; 0, 1, or something different for each fish?
              3. Off-topic, why does turn_frequency have 2 values sometimes?

Sample entry for reference: 128: "Pufferfish/80/floater/1/36/1200 1600/summer/sunny/690 .4 685 .1/4/.3/.5/0" #!String

Drogean likes this.
              • SgtPineapple1st

So I have an issue with my crops mod... It's crashing. I remember seeing a way to update it when the game updates, but I've been modding a separate copy of the game files in the second release version of the game.

My rice crop mod is up on the forums >>HERE<< There is a catch though as I've been modding the game in a past version... sorry.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
                  Drogean likes this.
                • Comrade Rak

Comrade Rak Space Hobo

Anyone found out how to change character names, namely below the portrait and in the menu's?

• malgorbia

malgorbia Void-Bound Voyager

I feel like we need a gray hair recolor for the non mustached Harvey.....like I agree the mustache made him look like a super pedophile but a lot of the current version remakes are a bit too young looking. As a girl who fancies men aged 44 and older I feel like we haven't hit the jackpot of "silver fox" just yet. ;)

GretchStar and Drogean like this.
                    • DatYandereGirl

DatYandereGirl Big Damn Hero

Is there a guide by chance of item numbers? I'm using the Stardew Modding API.

• Irtan

Irtan Void-Bound Voyager

Is there any way to "fix" the diagonal movement through SMAPI (similar to Stardew Injector)?

• Kamirose

Kamirose Big Damn Hero

• WatcherCCG

WatcherCCG Giant Laser Beams

CheatHappens just slapped the paywall on their trainer. I don't think they deserve a place on the mod list anymore.

• Drogean

Drogean Scruffy Nerf-Herder

this looks great

I've been trying to figure out sprite modding and have been doing a lot of research by downloading sprite sheets from old SNES rpgs that have this style pixel art

Here's some links for anyone who wants to try their skills photoshopping parts of old rpg characters into Stardew

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
                              izzy82 likes this.
                            • darkaap

darkaap Void-Bound Voyager

I am trying to add another weapons in to the game by editing, the weapons..png and adding a 16x16px sprite and editing the data/weapons.yaml and adding another weapon by list-id 53.
                              When I add the item to my inventory through SMAPI, it shows in my inventory with the sprite I made however once I try and make it my active item the game crashes.

weapons.yaml added line:
                              53: "Wooden Blade/Not bad for a piece of carved wood./3/7/1/0/0/0/0/3/-1/0/.02/3" #!String

SMAPI error message:
                              player_addmelee 53
                              [19:21:04] Given to test //Item has no name here
                              [19:21:09] An error occured in the base update loop: System.NullReferenceExcepti
                              on: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                              at StardewValley.Game1.pressSwitchToolButton()
                              at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateControlInput(GameTime time)
                              at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
                              at StardewModdingAPI.Inheritance.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime)

• toastface5

toastface5 Void-Bound Voyager

Just realised something about the Penny No Rocks mod. It seems Penny still walks to the location the stone was at, and stops. Yes the dev removed the rocks but it seems only for 1 or 2 of the seasons, as there are rocks at some times in the year. And the pathing in the BusStop.xnb shows a straight line but she still just stops. Any ideas how to fix? I can now convert tbin to xnb with simplexnbdemapper, but the xnb decomp still doesn't work for me.

901109 Void-Bound Voyager

can some one make a video talk about how to Unpack XNB files and repack it? i don know how to do it, please,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• Cavador

Cavador Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, was wondering if someone could help me. I made a graphical mod to replace sprites, and the .png looks fine in both Photoshop and in windows photo viewer, transparencies active etc... but when I repack it and put it in the game, the sprites have a white background. I've tried saving different versions and repacking it multiple times but it's always the same... does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

• Kit Ballard

Kit Ballard Tentacle Wrangler

This would be a great idea. I'm usually not one for making mods, aside from Smash Bros Brawl, I am feeling an interesting itch to try at some point and seeing someone from here that knows their way around the files and what not would be a rather great boon for starters like myself.

• Alice

Alice Scruffy Nerf-Herder

http://pastebin.com/raw/08a7Bsi5

You should bookmark it. It's a lot easier to ctrl+f on that page than search through the trainer's list.

DatYandereGirl likes this.
                                        Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.