RELEASED [Storm] and [SMAPI] TimeSpeed Mod--Configurable Day Lengths

Discussion in 'Gameplay Mechanics' started by cantorsdust, Mar 4, 2016.

1. cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

Current Version: 1.6.1.0.STORM for Storm and 1.8.0.1.SMAPI for SMAPI. MAKE SURE YOU'RE DOWNLOADING THE RIGHT VERSION FOR YOUR API!

Adjusts the game clock speed by a configurable amount. Speed up, slow down, or completely freeze time. Now includes all FreezeInside functionality--it is recommended not to run the two mods together.

By cantorsdust and Syndlig with technical help from Zoryn.

I have backported all features in 1.6.0.0.STORM to 1.6.0.0.SMAPI. They have feature parity, although the Storm version is slightly more elegant--smooth time arrow with no ticks thanks to Storm's event handling. I no longer recommend a version.

You can override your freeze time settings and immediately freeze time by pressing N. Pressing N again restores your previous freeze time settings.

You can halve each of your tick lengths by pressing ,

You can double each of your tick lengths by pressing .

You can restore your original config settings that are stored in your config file by pressing B.

Config options are

1. OutdoorTickLength, which defaults to 14.0. Controls the length of the 10 minute tick outdoors. Set to your desired ten minute tick length in seconds. The base day is 7 seconds. Setting TenMinuteTickLength to 0 seconds or lower will not make time run backwards ;)
    2. IndoorTickLength, which defaults to 14.0. Controls the length of the 10 minute tick indoors. Set to your desired ten minute tick length in seconds. The base day is 7 seconds. Setting TenMinuteTickLength to 0 seconds or lower will not make time run backwards ;)
    3. MineTickLength, which defaults to 14.0. Controls the length of the 10 minute tick while in the mine. Set to your desired ten minute tick length in seconds. The base day is 7 seconds. Setting TenMinuteTickLength to 0 seconds or lower will not make time run backwards ;)
    4. ChangeTimeSpeedOnFestivalDays, which defaults to false. Set to true to enable time changing on festival days. This option is here because some users have reported problems with festival days if time is changed.
    5. FreezeTimeOutdoors, which defaults to false. Set to true to freeze time outdoors.
    6. FreezeTimeIndoors, which defaults to false. Set to true to freeze time indoors, except for the mines.
    7. FreezeTimeInMines, which defaults to false. Set to true to freeze time in the mines.
    8. LetMachinesRunWhileTimeFrozen, which defaults to false. If set to true, machines continue to run while you are inside and time is frozen. Some consider this "cheaty". Setting it to false will prevent machines from running while you are inside. As a general rule, I recommend this be set to false unless you desire the gameplay change. This option is more likely to break things than any other--although most obvious bugs have been removed.
    9. FreezeTimeAt1230AM, which defaults to false. Set to true to freeze time when the day reaches 1230 AM (2430 military time). This occurs no matter where you are.
    If you are migrating over from FreezeInside, please recheck your config file settings, as some will have changed.

Now includes all FreezeInside functionality--it is recommended not to run the two mods together.

PLEASE NOTE! Storm version requires Storm.

Storm

SMAPI version requires SMAPI 0.39 for versions 1.8+, SMAPI 0.38 for version 1.7, SMAPI 0.37 for versions 1.3-1.6.1.0, SMAPI 0.35 or 0.36 for version 1.2.

SMAPI

Installation for Storm:
    There is one folder in this .zip containing three files, TimeSpeed.dll, Config.json, and manifest.json. This folder may ONLY be placed in %appdata%\StardewValley\Mods.

Thus, the total path for the three files required for this mod to function are:
    %appdata%\StardewValley\Mods\TimeSpeed\TimeSpeed.dll

%appdata%\StardewValley\Mods\TimeSpeed\Config.json.

%appdata%\StardewValley\Mods\TimeSpeed\manifest.json.

Installation for SMAPI 0.38-0.39 (versions 1.7-1.8 of TimeSpeed):
    The zip contains one folder, TimeSpeed, with three files TimeSpeed.dll, config.json, and manifest.json. The folder must be placed in %appdata%\StardewValley\Mods.

Thus, the total path for all 3 of the files required for this mod to function are:
    %appdata%\StardewValley\Mods\TimeSpeed\TimeSpeed.dll

AND

%appdata%\StardewValley\Mods\TimeSpeed\config.json

AND

%appdata%\StardewValley\Mods\TimeSpeed\manifest.json

REQUIRES SMAPI 0.38+ to be installed! Version 1.6.1.0.SMAPI is for SMAPI 0.37
    https://github.com/ClxS/SMAPI/releases

Installation for SMAPI 0.37 (version 1.6.1.0 of mod):
    The zip contains two files, TimeSpeed.dll and TimeSpeedConfig.ini. These files may be placed in %appdata%\StardewValley\Mods or your main Stardew Valley\Mods folder.

Thus, the total path for both of the two files required for this mod to function are:
    %appdata%\StardewValley\Mods\TimeSpeed.dll

AND

%appdata%\StardewValley\Mods\TimeSpeedConfig.ini

OR

Stardew Valley\Mods\TimeSpeed.dll

AND

Stardew Valley\Mods\TimeSpeedConfig.ini

If you're having problems, please post the most detailed description of your problem possible, along with these four questions:

1. What do you have your time tick length set to?
    2. Does it still occur if you remove my time mod?
    3. Does it still occur if the tick length is set to 7?
    4. Did this occur upon saving or upon loading your save?

Download from releases.

Source code at github.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
    • D_Malachi

D_Malachi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You rock, I was looking for something exactly like this.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
      • Powermate

Powermate Space Spelunker

Cant save, it freezes if the game is trying to save. I tryed it with the mod and without.

#Edit1: Nvm i think it was just a fail or something allthough i think i freezed because i had something sold and the other times i tryed it out i didnt had anything sold.

• cantorsdust

I'm saving OK with the mod. What is your 10 minute tick set to? Can you please check %appdata%\StardewValley\Error Logs and see if anything is there?

edit: Glad to hear it's alright. Yeah, this mod only touches one variable that has nothing to do with selling, and the variable is already an int that should take negative values without complaint. So I had no idea what could have been going on :p

Oscar_The_Snake likes this.
          • Rupert484

Rupert484 Title Not Found

Fantastic! This was the main reason that I couldn't switch from the Injector to SMAPI.
            Thank you.

Oscar_The_Snake and Drogean like this.
            • Powermate

Sry i cant find the errorlog anymore, and it was the standart one you had set "14". I rly dont know what that was maybe it was just some random bug idk xD

Oscar_The_Snake likes this.
              • cantorsdust

As long as it's working for you now. I went back and double checked sleeping after putting something in the chest while the daylength was 14 and couldn't get it to freeze, so vOv

Oscar_The_Snake and Powermate like this.
                • Powermate

Yea thanks anyway :3

• valkyriex

valkyriex Poptop Tamer

Thanks, wanted something to make the days slightly longer so this is perfect!

• Requiem

Requiem Phantasmal Quasar

Actually, I was going to learn how to mod, just for this... managing over 200 crops, more than 12 bee huts, 6 kegs, 14+ animals, then start searching for NPCs and gifting them something special... duh, and it's already 9pm...
                      So, there is no limit to this, right? Like, setting ingame time == realtime? (might be just too much and overdone, but not just theoretically, but also really possible?)

• cantorsdust

Should be. You can't set days to be shorter than 0, unfortunately. No time machine mod :p

• yBot

yBot Space Hobo

How does this interact with NPC schedules/event schedules?

• Requiem

So no back to the future stuff, because of no time machine mod :'(

NPCs are time triggered, e. g. if the clock hits a certain time, lets say 7:00PM, almost all NPCs are heading back home, others still stay there where they are and going later to the pub. It is now 10:00PM, everybody is at home, others are at the pub. Whatever you do to the time (setting it back to 6:00PM in this case), they won't do anything, unless they are passing the 10:00PM mark once again.

It is like a check box function, if this is the case, keep moving, time clock met, lets move - add a check.
                            Time confused, but action already done? Don't move until next check is possible.
                            Events are the same. Once hitting (mostly) 9:00AM, the area will be replaced, until the time passes. Being inside the event area has no timer anymore. The time gets static. If you leave, the game will skip to night in all cases (so far I saw it with the egg festival, dance thingy, beach event, etc). So no issues their either.

• yBot

yBot Space Hobo

I don't understand a lot of this sorry I'm a bit stupid :p so it causes no issues correct?

• Requiem

Yep, it is safe.

OT: The mod DLL is kinda not loading in properly.
                                [16:45:27] Failed to load mod 'C:\Users\REQ\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Mods\TimeSpeed.dll'. Exception details:
                                System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'IntChanged' from assembly 'StardewModdingAPI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
                                at FreezeInsideMod.FreezeInside.Entry()
                                at StardewModdingAPI.Program.LoadMods()

Current int value: 30
                                Using SMAPI Alpha 0.36
                                TrainerMod.dll is included
                                [16:45:26] Found DLL: C:\Users\REQ\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Mods\TrainerMod.dll
                                [16:45:26] Loading Mod DLL...
                                LOADED MOD: Trainer Mod by Zoryn Aaron - Version 1.0 | Description: Registers several commands to use. Most commands are trainer-like in that they offer forms of cheating.

• yBot

yBot Space Hobo

Seems to mess up festivals, didn't get a feast of the winter star festival on the 25th.

• Zebracakes4me

Zebracakes4me Tentacle Wrangler

I created an account to thank you for applying this mod. I feel that the default time goes by a little too quickly.

Like Requiem said, between all the things you have to do or want to do, just never feels like there's enough time. Heck, even staying in a cave late at night to run back home can cut it kind of close.

Powermate likes this.
                                    • cantorsdust

That looks like an old error I encounter when creating mods, usually means something broke within the specific mod function being loaded via event trigger. If you look at the actual error, though, looks like it's coming from FreezeInside. I just updated FreezeInside to fix bugs--maybe try downloading 1.2.1 of FreezeInside and see if that helps?

• Svanhild

Svanhild Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I can't seem to make it work. No matter what I change in the .ini, the ten minute tick its still 7 seconds. Even in the SMAPI console it shows:

found INI in %appdata%
                                        TenMinuteTickLength=7
                                        TimeSpeed Mod has loaded

Edit: Managed to fix the issue by unlocking the files in its properties.

• Sarioya

Sarioya Big Damn Hero

Both your mods are awesome, and I'm really enjoying them. I was wondering, however, if there is a way to add the option to change the passage of time while inside the mines outside of stopping it completely. Personally, I don't mind time passing while I dungeon crawl, but I'd like it to go a bit slower. Either way, stay awesome.