1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Vulpine Race 0.1

A red fox race.

1. schnln01

schnln01 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

schnln01 submitted a new mod:

Vulpine Race - A red fox race.

Read more about this mod...

Roskii Heiral likes this.
  2. emeraldgreen72

emeraldgreen72 Phantasmal Quasar

This looks very good for your first mod good job :nuruflirt:

3. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

Ican help you code more color options, if you're looking for help with that

I love new race mods =3

4. Vladimier

Vladimier Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Why didnt anyone make this mod sooner :p

5. emeraldgreen72

People probably thought that it had already been done and did not wanna be unoriginal

6. Sean10M

Sean10M Pangalactic Porcupine

Regardless it is nice to finally see a proper fox race being made. The shading on the body could use some work to try and get it to mesh with Starbound's character art style. They probably especially need this around the muzzle but other than that it looks like they are off to a good start. I look forward to trying them out.

7. emeraldgreen72

Indeed :nurudapper:

Vladimier likes this.
  8. Ziz

Ziz Void-Bound Voyager

I went ahead and played with the .species file, threw in some random colors, and annotated it, if anyone is interested. :eek:

Attached Files:

Roskii Heiral likes this.
  9. Azidoazide Azide

Azidoazide Azide Void-Bound Voyager

I wonder if this can be merged with code from the old Kitsune Character Mod or the Kemono Race Mod. I'm not saying that this mod here is a bad idea, I totally support the creation of this mod and love the idea of adding fox characters. :catface:
    It would be awesome if you tried to contact the creators of those other mods I linked and see if they are willing to share their code. Like the old saying goes, why reinvent the wheel when you can make a better wheel. :DD

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  10. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

I've tried contacting kitsune, I think she's pretty much gone. I've updated her mod to work with glad giraffe, but won't release it til she gives permission.

I feel like this mod is doing well on its own. I loved kemono, but it never really got past the sprite stage. The closest mod to this one is probly vulpes, but I'm curious to see where this one goes. =3

11. Azidoazide Azide

Azidoazide Azide Void-Bound Voyager

Oh, this mod? ( http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/vulpes-mk-ii-vr-pleased-giraffe.1491/ )
    I forgot link that one.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016