Modding Discussion OLD--POST IN NEW THREAD--Mod List, Modding Guides, and General Modding Discussion

Discussion in 'Mods' started by cantorsdust, Feb 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aranak

Aranak Space Hobo

Hi i would like to ask something im not good at modding and i have a issue while milking the cow and the goat the noise the milker do while its have no milk to milk get me sick i dont know why but the squicky noise make me crawl on my chair did someone know how replace the noise with the same as when you milk and its work.

• zipy199522

zipy199522 Pangalactic Porcupine

Good afternoon everyone, I like to present another contribution to the modding community, the MoreRain mod! What this mod changes how much it will rain in your game. Essentially if you want more rain you increase the number in MoreRain.txt, and if you want less rain you decrease the number. The number in MoreRain.txt is a percent value, so if the value in MoreRain.txt is 90, then there will be a 90% chance that it will rain tomorrow given that a wedding or a holiday would not occur the next day (to prevent important events from not running).
      You can get it here: https://github.com/janavarro95/MoreRain

Clovilah, Kit Ballard and Drogean like this.
      • Alan Minder

Alan Minder Starship Captain

Howdy everyone. Got an account to download some of the mods, impressive work, especially when you see how the game has barely been released.
        I wanted to ask if, perhaps, someone was planning on working on a mod that would allow the player to have more than a single profession per skill ? I'm being a useless sap by going "pls do thing i want", I'm sorry about that, but I'm a bit frustrated to know I can't both be a pirate and an angler, for example, and even if it means levelling up ten more levels, I'd be fine with it.
        Something like having, after the tenth level, for each level, a new profession that you can have, allowing to be two different ones at the same time and not just a single one.

Anyway, keep up the great work everyone. Will keep on monitoring this thread.
        Leah god-tier waifu

EDIT : oh and as other people mentioned earlier, SMAPI and StardewInjector can't be used both at the same time. Both open their own "version" of the game, so it becomes impossible to have all mods together.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
        • Drogean

Drogean Scruffy Nerf-Herder

all Stardew Injector features except the fishing bubbles now have been ported over or been made into SMAPI mods

• Alan Minder

Have they ? Even the slowed down time ? I can't find it anywhere, though. Perhaps I heavily suck. I'll go take another look, my bad.

EDIT : I've taken a look at the trainer mod, I'd assume that's where the features are hiding, but I'm not finding anything regarding making hours longer... again, if that's merely because I'm not all that skilled at all that jazz, I'm sorry, but I'd be grateful to receive a little bit of help.

EDIT2 : forget I said anything, I just checked and I had an older version, that's why it didn't work before.
            Apologies.

• etsmsj

etsmsj Phantasmal Quasar

Hey everyone! My name is Enrique, I'm 17, and I'm a fan of Stardew Valley as all of you. I've been following this game's development progress for the past three years, and all the hype was worth it.

Now into the fun parts. For the last day or two, I've been developing a visual Save Game editor for Stardew, which is still really basic and doesn't have much.

What is done:
              -Basic editing like farm name, your name, money and certain attributes that haven't been tested yet, and that do need testing.
              -Simple graphical interface.
              Planned:
              -Visual appearence editor
              -Inventory editor (still have to figure out how to do this because the index values for each inventory slot isn't recognizable and the items are pretty hard to recognize as well in index terms)
              -More editing options
              -Maybe map editor?

This is the first public version. Some things, like the modifying of the attack, speed, etc. attributes hasn't been tested, but most of the basic ones have. Version v0.1 is here:

https://mega.nz/#!k5BmWQ5R!KoLoj-jZmI1Q4_o1k2smLE85DzUsvlGXwyjRupbfp5Y

For anyone interested in seeing the source code or helping me out with the development of this, I'll be glad to send you the source code or to work with you, you just need to contact me through DMs.

Thank you, I hope that you find this useful, and I hope ya'll are enjoying Stardew as much as I am.

ironbull, Beff101 and Drogean like this.
              • tstcmmj2

tstcmmj2 Seal Broken

Is there any health regen Mod?

• Alan Minder

Sorry to still be a bother, but SMAPI stops working as soon as I start it because it can't find a "test.png" file ("An exception occured in XNA LoadContent: System.IO.FileNotFoundException"). Supposed to be in \AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Mods\Content\Test.png apparently. Checked the folder, it's empty indeed.
                  Any idea what the issue is supposed to be ?

• Drogean

Drogean Scruffy Nerf-Herder

the mod thread is right below this one

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/timespeed-mod-configurable-day-lengths.107876/

• Alan Minder

Yeah I noticed indeed; at first I assumed my SMAPI was up to date because I'd downloaded it just yesterday, but you guys work so fast it was already outdated !

• Skipper Scootaloo

Skipper Scootaloo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is it possible (or yet known to say it better) to make a mod for waiting similar to the skyrim waiting system? It may break immersion, but it would really help people like me who work and want to get the most out of a day in the least ammount of time possible. Waiting for things like the prime population at the bar, the moonlight jelly fest, other festivals, artisan goods, etc, take a lot of time that is literally just waiting. And I know I can multitask, but sometimes I do a task that takes a while last and I really can't find much to do.

A bonus in my mind is that you could add in a slightly longer day and still have it be manageable (I am talking 30 seconds more per hour, nothing crazy).

• cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

I'm working to update the OP with all the recent changes now!

Hmm, maybe. I'd essentially be calling UpdateGameClock or performTenMinuteClockUpdate multiple times during a wait to set the clock to whenever. NPCs walk to where they are supposed to be, though. It may or may not mess up their schedules. I might work on this over the next few days and see. Great idea!

Not yet, but it wouldn't be hard. Set a function to be called every time the clock updates and have it add health. Looks like natfoth has written the equivalent for stamina. Someone could do a straightforward find / replace and make it health.

This would be very helpful! I'll put it in the OP!

It looks like professions themselves are integers attached as List<int> to the player. In theory there is nothing preventing you from adding more professions to the list. It should be as simple as calling Game1.player.professions.Add([whatever profession]).

Again, no mod has done this, but it would not be hard to do. I just don't have the time right now--maybe this weekend.
                          Very cool, will add this to the OP!

Maybe ask Drogean? He knows more about audio modding than me.

I believe Zoryn tried and couldn't get it to work. At this point, though, mods have pretty well replaced all of its features except for its debug console.

Damn fine work. I'll add the guide to the OP.

I believe draivin told me that the dialogue files in the seasonal folders are not used, so you don't have to touch those. As for the yaml file, i don't know what you're doing with commas. Maybe try unpacking it again and merging your changes into the fresh file. You probably are missing a " somewhere, I'm guessing.

• cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

That was probably written back when XNB Node was using JSON files instead of YAML. Yeah, probably out of date.

• psyche mantidae

psyche mantidae Space Spelunker

It definitely worked without the commas. Thanks for your advice. Now, I'm getting an "argument must be a string" error. I've meticulously checked every individual line; all have starting and finishing quotation marks, all end with #!String. What am I missing? I just don't know what the error can actually be referring to.

• Draivin

Draivin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If you could paste the yaml on pastebin and post the link here(or pm me the link in case it is private), I would take a look for you.

• Alan Minder

Mmmh I see... I'll take a look, thanks so much for the help !

• Draivin

Sorry for the delay, your problem is that you are lacking a space after the ':' on the key 'summer_28'.

• Fan

Fan Space Hobo

I'm new to this entire thing but when I try and do anything in the .EXE, it comes up as this. Do you guys know a fix for this?
                                      [​IMG]

• Draivin

You don't run the node.exe directly, you should type the command in the command prompt while you are in the same folder as xnb_node.cmd.

• Fan

Fan Space Hobo

Okay, that makes more sense! Thanks for the quick reply! :)

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.