RELEASED Dog Replacement- Annoying Dog from Undertale

Discussion in 'Pets/Horses' started by FinalMantasyX, Mar 3, 2016.

1. FinalMantasyX

FinalMantasyX Big Damn Hero

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Annoying Dog from undertale! Replaces the dog, obviously. Thanks to /u/Dysenterydoes on reddit for testing/getting shots for me, as I do not have a dog. He walks and animates a bit stupidly, because he doesn't really have the range to do all the normal dog actions, but it's cool, because the Annoying Dog doesn't walk too well to begin with. It's kind of his schtick.

Simply place the Animals folder in your Content folder in the game's install directory. Replaces "dog."

https://www.mediafire.com/?ztvxcz4i2njogv9

• DevBrian

DevBrian Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Holy crap, you read my mind, and did all the work for me. Thank you!

• FinalMantasyX

it was a lot of work to copy/paste the same 3 sprites over and over I tell you what

I did have to do the shadow, I guess. But it wasn't much effort. :p Now if I could just figure out how to transmute my cat into a dog...

• animandan

animandan Void-Bound Voyager

Oh man, you should make it so that it plays the sounds from the game too. Like its theme song and stuff when you go to pet it or something.

• FinalMantasyX

Even if I could, my character has a cat, so it wouldn't be worth the effort. And I can't find a way to change him into a dog :(

• Taimi

Taimi Void-Bound Voyager

There are two flags you can change in your savefile (Farmername_number) to swap between cat and dog. One of them is <catPerson>true</catPerson>, the other is <NPC xsi:type="Cat"> (if you already have a pet on your farm). To get the dog simply change "true" to "false" and "Cat" to "Dog".

Now the only reason I'd swap back to cat would be with Temmie mod.

• FinalMantasyX

Hooray! I tried changing catperson, but it didnt do anything and like hell I was looking at every instance of "cat" in the file. Pet, Dog, etc returned no results so I gave up.

Someone else suggested temmie, but Temmie has no movement sprites. I could just make her vibrate around instead of doing *anything else*, but the sprites don't animate fast enough for that to really work...

Not that the pets walk around anyway. Mine stays in front of the outdoor food dish 24/7, drives me nuts. WALK AROUND THE FARM!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
                • cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

Added to modding list. Very cute!

• keyten

keyten Cosmic Narwhal

Here you go: https://tcrf.net/Undertale/Unused_Graphics#Temmie
                    (from https://www.reddit.com/r/Undertale/...e_dog_in_stardew_valley_amazing_indie/d0mopag)
                    But you still need other sprites.

• squidspeaker

squidspeaker Subatomic Cosmonaut

Why is this so great

• einari

einari Space Spelunker

I'll definitely use this in game!!! Thanks

• Costa

Costa Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Omg I've been using this and I just can't stop laughing while looking at it, sometimes he's doing some ups and downs so quickly! I'll never change my dog now. Annoying dog is best dog xD

Gabaw likes this.
                          • Damonprince

Damonprince Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah but is there any way to change it to dog? The way they listed doesn't work, and I really want Annoying Dog.

• Gabaw

Gabaw Spaceman Spiff

I love this little guy. Glad you brought him into SV, been wanting this!

• ilke

ilke Space Hobo

The folder is .rar and the thing I need to replace is .xnb I tried everything but I cant get this mod to work.What steps should I take.what should I do?Can somebody help me?

• carnage157

carnage157 Pangalactic Porcupine

.rar is a archive file.
                                  All you need to do is open it and drag the contents out.
                                  The .xnb file your looking for is inside there.

• ilke

ilke Space Hobo

thank you.I fixed it

• HiHaHi123

HiHaHi123 Orbital Explorer

So cute~!Thank you!

• Yaoi4Life

Yaoi4Life Void-Bound Voyager

I'm going to sound really stupid but i cant find the contents file... the only thing i have on the stardew valley file is ErrorLogs, Saves, and startup_preferences... and i looked up contents but i don't have anything on stardew valley...is there a different file or something? sorry for sounding so stupid :p

• Hammurabi

Hammurabi Big Damn Hero

It sounds like you are looking in your My Documents folder. The contents folder should be located in the installation folder (which is probably going to be \Steam\Steamapps\Common\Stardew Valley\).