Modding Discussion OLD--POST IN NEW THREAD--Mod List, Modding Guides, and General Modding Discussion

Discussion in 'Mods' started by cantorsdust, Feb 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GianTDIX

GianTDIX Starship Captain

I see you re colored my old overworld sprite, the one I posted now is updated, you can look at the differences, nice touch on the dress, I didnt changed any of those because I though white on all was ok, by the way the last ones arent from the wedding but the dance so she will be out of place with that.

• Galebourn

Galebourn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Alright, I'll take your newer sprites. If you want, you can also put my Maru portraits as an alternative design in your pack, I guess it will be easier to distribute like that.

Drogean likes this.
      • GianTDIX

GianTDIX Starship Captain

I just helped the original owner of the pack doing the overworld sprites as I did with you now, you can do whatever you want with them if you want pick some of them and add them to yours I'm fine with that. If you want add the portrait to the overhaul talk to my buddy. I liked what you did with the dress really but the dance will make it look weird. You can still use the 3 first ones for the wedding tho.

• Galebourn

Galebourn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah, for some reason, I thought those are the wedding dresses. It would be cool to give them all different colors for the dance, though.

• Mr. Teatime

Mr. Teatime Poptop Tamer

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
            Acrimonia and Drogean like this.
          • SgtPineapple1st

SgtPineapple1st Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well... the rice crop sprite works fine. The issue is that I never found the sprites for the actual seed bags.

Acrimonia likes this.
            • cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

They are in Content\Maps\springobjects.xnb. You will need an associated seed type item for your crop and a harvest item (like rice as an item to sell). Both to be added to Content\Data\ObjectInformation.xnb. And then your entry for your crop in Content\Data\Crops.xnb must be updated to indicate that planting that seed ID results in this crop. Sorry if you knew any of this already, I'm just listing all I know about adding crops. Adding custom items is currently technically difficult, you may prefer doing so via API, which Zoryn and handsomematt are working on. Feel free to join #stardewvalley-mods @freenode.net on IRC if you have questions.

• Shuu37

Shuu37 Tentacle Wrangler

Incredible progress thus far. Keep up the awesome work! :)

Acrimonia likes this.
                • cantorsdust

Going to toot my own horn a little:

FreezeInside Mod by cantorsdust. Freezes the game clock using the SMAPI Trainer Mod command "world_freezetime 1" when inside. Unfreezes when outside. Like Harvest Moon.

Obviously requires SMAPI and its associated TrainerMod (same download) installed.

edit: Fair warning, I currently have no way via API to detect when a new day occurs. You have 2 workarounds:
                  1. You may enter "world_settime 600" into the console upon awaking.
                  2. You may reload your game upon each new day. You will reload at the proper 0600 time on the new day.
                  3. Pass out at 2 AM and your time will be reset to 6 AM.

Fixed as of FreezeInside 1.1! Make sure you update SMAPI to 0.3.5+ for it to work.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
                    Acrimonia and Drogean like this.
                  • frogzx

frogzx Void-Bound Voyager

Could someone possibly upload the updated portait/sprite .xml files? Could be useful for if people want to switch back and didn't back them up.

• vDominai

vDominai Tentacle Wrangler

So good. Makes them look much more appealing (Especially poor Maru), imo these earlier ones are so, so much better than the final versions.

• Clovilah

Clovilah Void-Bound Voyager

Could anyone possibly make a mod that works with SMAPI so that all crops take a day to grow? I would really appreciate this. I know of the instant grow cheat but I would rather have it where all crops just take a day if this is possible at all.

• Nanospliccer

Nanospliccer Void-Bound Voyager

I'm going to begin focused work on making new crafting recipes. Any information others can give me would be great, but otherwise it's time to search through about a hundred XNBs! Woo!

Any requests for a simple machine for me to try to make first? My ultimate goal is fully automated crop farming.

• cantorsdust

Crafting recipes are found in Content\Data\CraftingRecipes.xnb and CookingRecipes.xnb. They will refer to Object IDs, which can be found in Content\Data\ObjectInformation.xnb.

• Nanospliccer

Ah, thanks. I wasn't certain where the object IDs were, and I am glad to know. Has this been done before? If so, someone should update the modding guide with a reference.

• Clovilah

Clovilah Void-Bound Voyager

A sprinkler that does a much, much larger area would be great.

Drogean likes this.
                                • Nanospliccer

Already started on it. By the way, what's with the starting sprinkler only watering the four adjacent tiles? Has anyone found that useful for anything yet?

Clovilah, Acrimonia and Drogean like this.
                                  • Nanospliccer

Alright, I feel like the next step is going to take a bunch of searching, so I'm going to ask in case anybody here already has a solution.

First, I'm going to contribute, since that's a good way to get people to help you, I feel. Here's the guide for crafting recipes, at least, as far as I could determine:

<recipeName>: "<matID1> <amount> <matID2> <amount> <matID3> <amount>.../<"Home" if able to be placed inside, "Field" if not?>/<resultID> <amount (opt)>/<"True" or "False", unknown>/<skillreq> <level>" #!String
                                    notes: <skillreq> & <level>: Use "1 0" for a recipe that requires no skill, and "null" for a recipe you must earn aside from skills.

However, while I can change the recipes I can already see, I cannot display new ones. So, we need to find how the game displays recipes, especially relating to getting blueprints from Robin and Clint.

Once we find that, I have plans. Big plans...

Edit: Oh, and <amount (opt)> means that you don't have to put in the amount crafted if it is not greater than one.

• Drogean

Drogean Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Looks like the newest patch has made changes to the fish file. any chance of updating for the newest one?

• Skipper Scootaloo

Skipper Scootaloo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I love the fact that mods are already being made. I hope for gameplay mods within 6 months :p The little tweaks like no more breaking fences and pause time indoors are so nice. I can choose which ones I want when, and it is exactly what I was hoping for. Keep up the great work everyone.

Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.