Dev Blog 2nd March - Moth Friends

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Astrih Konnash

Astrih Konnash Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I approve this :nuruawe:

2. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

What a strange friendship. :)

3. Iaeyan Elyuex

Iaeyan Elyuex Cosmic Narwhal

Hey, I mean, you're housing them, they might as well pay the rent.
    I once tried to keep a moth as a pet. I tried feeding it sugar water. I almost killed the poor thing.

Leif not ssure about thisss. Mothsss eat plantsss.

jakecool19 likes this.
  4. Doctor Stein

Doctor Stein Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yaaaaaay!!
    Moth friends are the best =3

5. GenoMech

GenoMech Cosmic Narwhal

you know....we technically don't have an insectoid race do we?

6. Dragon_Tom005

Dragon_Tom005 Existential Complex

Hooray for a renewable resource! :DD Well... it would be kinda nice if vines could regrow or something, too...

Vuldreg likes this.
  7. lardmuffin

lardmuffin Void-Bound Voyager

What about something like an ore crystalizer?
    You put in something like an ore seed, and it would take a reasonable amount of time to grow into an ore. An alternative for those who don't want to spend all their time mining.
    Maybe have different tiers for Aegisalt, Violum and Rubium.

Astrih Konnash and DragonsForce like this.
  8. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

Can the moths kill us, or even our crewmen while on ship?

9. emeraldgreen72

emeraldgreen72 Phantasmal Quasar

ha ha ha ah ha did you know that batman had a villain based around moths called killer moth http://imgur.com/e2PFmoD

10. lardmuffin

lardmuffin Void-Bound Voyager

I thought that was in Spongebob?
    Like, Mermaid Man's arch-nemesis?

11. emeraldgreen72

that was a joke about batman cause he had a villain called killer moth but it was a meh villain all you had to do to defeat him is well put up a light. he also had a villain called calendar man

THE MORE YOU KNOOOOOOOOOOOW

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
    Relten and Type1Ninja like this.
  12. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Today, moths... tomorrow, bees... Then Starbound becomes the Forestry mod for Minecraft.
    But like, seriously, HOW in the name of Tiy's majestic beard did a mod about bee breeding become one of the most popular Minecraft mods ever? :p

Uh, on topic...

I'm seriously loving all this stuff. I actually played Starbound for a couple days last weekend; then I tied my progress to a couple friends' through MP and now I don't want to play without them and so I don't play... Plus I have a lack of time, so I just put spare minutes into TF2... But I still love what I saw while I played. I'd just like to reiterate that every time I see a new blog post, I think "Man, I need to wait for the next update before I play because everything will be awesome and I will want a new character!" And then of course the update comes, then there's another blog post. Starbound, like Kerbal Space Program and Space Engineers, is a fantastic example of an iterative, communicative, successful indie game. Your example shines on aspiring devs (including myself) everywhere. <3

I also considered making a joke about me resurfacing, as I've done in the past: "*Type1Ninja resurfaces to make jokes about not wanting to play 'cause there's too much awesome in the works," but I've already done that.
    I also considered making a joke about me making jokes about resurfacing: "*Type1Ninja resurfaces to make jokes about resurfacing," but I've done that too.
    THEN I thought, hey, I should make a joke about MAKING JOKES about resurfacing, but then... Like... Way too meta.
    So instead I'm making jokes about trying to decide which type of jokes I'm going to make probably with resurfacing as a layer in there somewhere, and now I'm joking about that. Should I tone down the meta, perhaps?

Anyway, love Starbound. :nuruhappy:

Hatsya Souji and jakecool19 like this.
  13. emeraldgreen72

0-0 that was amazing to read

Type1Ninja likes this.
  14. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

Moths are already aliens.

Type1Ninja and Kawa like this.
  15. HI-MAX²

HI-MAX² Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I predict something like "break 100 Moth Traps to summon Mothra".

lemon flavoured likes this.
  16. Path

Path Scruffy Nerf-Herder

since we are already looking at insects, can we get any info on what you plan to do with the flying insects that can be caught on each planet? If there isn't currently a plan for their usage, could we maybe use them in crafting the late and great butterfly burst tech? (that was always my favorite tech, and I have been waiting for its return since its was heartlessly removed :( ) Maybe, say, if we catch a certain amount of each kind from every biome we could then craft the tech? Maybe? Please?

lemon flavoured and Type1Ninja like this.
  17. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

Or arachnids. I even once wrote a plan, but still can not translate it.

18. Vuldreg

Vuldreg Cosmic Narwhal

Even though the title talks about moths i really thought that those structures was for bees because of how they look.

Type1Ninja likes this.
  19. They're there, I'm just not going to spoil them. :D

z0han4eg, Ainzoal, Titanium and 6 others like this.
  20. Ferretic

Ferretic Aquatic Astronaut

WOO! The farming expansion begins! Pity we can't automate our farming to a certain degree.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
    Type1Ninja likes this.