Modding Discussion OLD--POST IN NEW THREAD--Mod List, Modding Guides, and General Modding Discussion

Discussion in 'Mods' started by cantorsdust, Feb 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Draivin

Draivin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  2. Drogean

Drogean Scruffy Nerf-Herder

im gonna make a mod to make Pam into a trailer park MILF like Jaime Pressley on .... just about any tv show she ever stars in

WIP [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
    • Drogean

Brand New Ambient Rain w/ Music featuring Undetale OST - Home

Listen Here

Download Here

Installation

1. Make a copy of \Stardew Valley\Content\XACT\Wave Bank.xwb as a backup.
      2. Extract to the same folder.

I will also add this to my original music mod post. Please link directly to that post here.

jsli3004 likes this.
      • zipy199522

zipy199522 Pangalactic Porcupine

Ahh beautiful work once again Drogean. I've enjoyed listening to both of these and it really helps digging through code less stressful. Thanks a ton!

Drogean likes this.
        • Drogean

not sure if anyone knows any anime visual novel sprite resources but i just noticed those games might have some character portraits that could easily be modified for this game
          to give the bachelor/bachelorettes a serious makeover

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• James009

James009 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Does anyone know how to get rid of the boxes or corruption around sprites after packing them back into the game?

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

You mean like RPGMaker? Because I have one of those and if that is something that would work, I might look and see if I could help with animefying everyone.

Drogean likes this.
              • zipy199522

zipy199522 Pangalactic Porcupine

Hey everyone, just wanted to add a small contribution to the modding list, and this time this mod uses SVAPI! This is the AutoSpeed mod, which basically loads the SVAPI command player_setspeed from AutoSpeed.txt and runs it every time you load up a file. Here you go, and hopefully this helps!
                Find it here: https://github.com/janavarro95/AutoSpeed_Mod

Drogean likes this.
                • TooManyGamesPoro

TooManyGamesPoro Void-Bound Voyager

I read all the modding stuff here and knowing me I would still mess something up :rofl:! Is there any future release of the Mod Workshop for the game like some games on steam have? Or will there be no workshop?

• Galebourn

Galebourn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm using Photoshop. Someone told me to pack the XNB file with XNA Formatter, but that doesn't work at all for me. I'll try out the new Xnb Node now, maybe that'll fix it.

• SgtPineapple1st

SgtPineapple1st Subatomic Cosmonaut

I have started looking into adding crops and such to the game. I've so far spent an hour staring at the crop tile sheets and the crop data... I will try to help out with this if I can. If you have anything on it, I'd love to hear it.

• SgtPineapple1st

I have an issue in the new XNB Node. The content and extractedImage in the TileSheet\crop.xnb had width and heights set in the old version, but in the new one, these areas are empty. These values correspond with the sprite sheet and I assume that if you were to add new crops, you'd have to increase the size of the sprite sheet and the corresponding numbers in the code.

On another note, I went through and found the crop ids and the corresponding tile # on the Data\crop.xnb. I have attached this file. Do note that I stopped at 15 as the Object Ids start increasing by 1 until you reach the flowers. OID corresponds to the ID number on data\crops.xnb and data\ObjectInformation.xnb. Also note the OID is references the seeds specifically.

I also want to make a suggestion for adding new crops/items. The last ID on ObjectInformation.xnb is 790. If you create a new item, it's obvious that you'd have to make ID # 791 in both ObjectInformation.xnb and Crops.xnb. The size of the Crops Tile Sheet/Sprite Sheet is 640x256px. If someone could calculate how much space each individual crop gets, I would really appreciate it. I'm still looking through the code to find all relationship and stuff for the crops and fruit trees.

Attached Files:

• Draivin

Draivin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The new XnbNode does not need width and height tags as it reads the data directly from the image you are packing.

• GianTDIX

GianTDIX Starship Captain

Today progress, I will probably do the other 2 left later then tomorrow get into their overworld sprites, If there is someplace you need me to tweak I would like you to mark it.
                            preview.PNG

• Roshiro

Roshiro Space Hobo

Hiya!

So i come from a minecraft modding background(specifically ftb), and ive been wondering...is there a way to make an automatic harvesting setup? I havent worked with these file types before, so im walking in blind.

• SgtPineapple1st

Good to know, thanks!

• SgtPineapple1st

I'm sure you could mod it in. There is already automated watering in game (sprinklers). The best thing you can do is to look through the files and familiarize yourself with the game's coding language. Then it's just a matter of adding a automatic harvesting object/building/tool. You have to remember that this game just came out and we are just now learning how to code it.

• SgtPineapple1st

Trying to repack ObjectInformation.yaml to ObjectInformation.xnb and receiving an error.
                                    TypeError: Cannot read property 'valueType' of unidentified

Also does anyone know where to find the sprite sheet with the seed packages on it?

• SPRidley

SPRidley Void-Bound Voyager

Hi guys! Just started modding the game (is the first game I mod, so I thanks a bunch for the super informative OP).
                                      I know theres already changing portrait mods but I wanted to do one myself. All is fine, I can extract the .png and .json of what I want, edit that portrait, packed them, and add them to my game. The porblem is this:
                                      [​IMG]

As you can see the background of the portrait is all messed up, and I dont know why. The Abigail sprite I retouched is a little bigger than the one in the game, but I can still put it inside the sprite sheet without any problem. And theres no backgrounds for the portraits in the the files im touching up, so it seems a little strange. I also used Notepad++ with the .json file to see if it was a problem with that, but I dont see anything I can change there.

This are both the ingame sprite sheets and the one I touched, if that helps:
                                      [​IMG] [​IMG]

Maybe some of the users that already touched up portraits can help me with my problem. Thanks in advance :)

EDIT: Oh yeah, the question mark in the sprite sheet I made is becuase I wanted to know where that portrait appears in game, as it seems like a repeat of the one in top of it, and wanted to see If could change somewhat the animation to reflect that event better. But seesm i will need to play the whole game to know where it appears, so if someone can help me there, again, I would be really thankful.

Cache and Drogean like this.
                                      • sanademonangel

sanademonangel Poptop Tamer

So I'm not a modder, but I found the Stardew Valley folder finally. I'm wondering how you INSTALL THE mods so that they work in the game. I'm not completely new at installing mods (The Sims), but it seems a little different for me. So, a step-by-step guide if you will. Thanks in Advance!

Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.