Modding Discussion OLD--POST IN NEW THREAD--Mod List, Modding Guides, and General Modding Discussion

Discussion in 'Mods' started by cantorsdust, Feb 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

Not with data tweaks. Grass isn't techinically a crop, so I can't get it in Crops.xnb. Wait for the API to mature and I'm sure we'll see it.

• GianTDIX

GianTDIX Starship Captain

This is pretty much a really early preview but
      Preview.png

I want to make an alternative look referencing the original idea for both males and girls. I'm still on the portraits but is not a big deal, what it will take me time it will be on the sprites. I did too many mistakes in the overhaul with colors and other stuff but thanks to that I'm starting to learn. I will probably have this done in 4-5 days.

Drogean, James009 and cantorsdust like this.
      • sn00ze

sn00ze Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks for your reply. Too bad it isn't in there. So I will just wait. Anyways... Can someone share his/her experience how many grass tiles I need for 1 animal.

So how many of them do I need that the grass is growing faster than 1 chicken / 1 cow eats away.

Many thanks in advance

• James009

James009 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So, I've been doing some spriting and have recolored Abigail with a few various flavors. I've also re-sprited Penny's hair to remove that dreadful bun and sprited a grey cat (which is glitchy).

Check out my thread here.

Previews
          Abagail
          [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Penny
          [​IMG]

I really hope at some point we can have entirely new characters via mods. Regardless, this is fantastic.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
            Drogean likes this.
          • Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

So is there anyway to change the in game date back? Or would it basically be dividing by zero? I've kind of (completely) borked the first week of Fall by my standards, but didn't have a backup because I forgot to make one like I would normally do for this kind of game.

• toastface5

toastface5 Void-Bound Voyager

As someone who cannot get the map editor to work (the xnb decomp doesn't give me anything in ContentOut), is it possible for someone to make a mod of the bus stop map to get the hidden stone behind the tree in the bottom left out of the way so my Wife (Penny) can go to town for work?

• cantorsdust

SMAPI has world_settime, world_setday, and world_setseason commands.

edit:
                I'll give this a try now.

• cantorsdust

I have the map open. Can you tell me where the rock is or give me a screenshot of it?

edit: Done
                  https://mega.nz/#!9Id02QRb!7YjO8Xn3MVOr-Ms7usOKVKn_-HGnH8SptliycfS6juk

Penny No Rocks removes 3 rocks on the bus stop map possibly blocking Penny's route. Enjoy.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
                  • Mr. Teatime

Mr. Teatime Poptop Tamer

Having trouble packing png and yaml.

Can someone tell me what I would type if I pack dog.png and dog.yaml (location in content) into dog.xnb in Animals?

• toastface5

toastface5 Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you so much, it works now :) Only thing now is for there to be an update that fixes spouse pathfinding in homes, and I am not sure if modding can fix that. :p

• cantorsdust

2 ways to do it. Easiest is to put dog.png and dog.yaml into a folder WITH NOTHING ELSE IN IT, JUST THOSE 2 FILES, and type:

xnb_node.cmd pack [your folder] [output folder]

and let it work its magic. Alternatively, you can type

xnb_node.cmd pack [Filepath for dog.yaml relative to xnb_node.cmd] dog.xnb

Note that the YAML must be with the PNG, and when packing by file, you pack the YAML, not the PNG, and the YAML tells xnb_node to pack the PNG with it.

Mr. Teatime likes this.
                        • Rupert484

Rupert484 Title Not Found

Do any of the trainers or the API allow quick advancement of hearts? I'd like to try editing events dialogue, but without having to spend ages playing in order to test changes.

• cantorsdust

Stardew Injector enabled the dev console and posted a list of debug commands. Looked through and found:

• friendship arg1 arg2
                            • friendAll
                              • wedding arg1
                            Don't know how they work, but hopefully it's not too hard to figure out. Install Stardew Injector, be sure to set debug console to True in the .config file, then press F8 in game to open the console.

• Mr. Teatime

Mr. Teatime Poptop Tamer

That worked great, but I must have messed something up editing the file because he's surrounded by a big white square and wigs out during his animations. Here's the png if anyone competent wants to try.

It's supposed to be a Cane Corso (Italian Mastiff).

[​IMG]

• Muffinsforever

Muffinsforever Void-Bound Voyager

Anyone know of a way to get stardew injector to link into steam to allow achievements? I assume since the time on steam doesn't increase anymore I'll never get those tiny achivemnets :/

• James009

James009 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm not entirely certain what could be causing this. I had something similar happen when I tried spriting the cat but haven't had any trouble at all with portraits. Maybe try double checking the PNG or copying her to a new file?

What program are you using to do her sprite? I've been using Paint.net.

• Chrisblue

Chrisblue Aquatic Astronaut

Greetings!

Outstanding progress so far. I think the modding community around this game will get huge in the future.
                                    Adding characters to the font works pretty well so far:
                                    [​IMG]
                                    However the font used for message dialogues is not within the "Fonts" folder. It is located in the "LooseSprites" folder. "font_bold" and "font_colored" need to be edited for full translation support.
                                    I hope it will be possible in the future.

I also created a subreddit for modding Stardew Valley: https://www.reddit.com/r/ValleyModders/
                                    I would really appreciate if some of you would post their tools and mods there. :nuruwink:

• cantorsdust

Also, what program are you packing this with? If it's XNB Node I'll mention it to Draivin. You could also try the PNG by itself in XNB Builder as a backup.

edit: phenomenal work Chrisblue! I'll update the OP with progress. I don't really use reddit, but a lot of us are on #stardewvalley-mods @ freenode.net on IRC, and I keep this place as updated as possible. Feel free to link.

• Rupert484

Rupert484 Title Not Found

Thank you very much.

• Chrisblue

Chrisblue Aquatic Astronaut

@cantorsdust Yes, I am using XNB Node.
                                          I linked to this thread on the subreddit sidebar and added the IRC information. ;)

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.