RP Chaos in the Stars

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Vurrunna, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Vurrunna

Vurrunna Giant Laser Beams

The Hylotl give Lolac a haughty look. "Yes; play that... Instrument of yours," gesturing to the piano keyboard, Quillus.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Entering the stylized, trophy-strewn room, the group can see the Hylotl sitting behind a floor-level desk in the room's center. In the corner sits a dwarf Floran with chains connected to his metal collar. The Hylotl makes a quick and energized gesture to the side of the desk opposite of him. "Sit. Tea shall come shortly." He looks disdainfully at the Floran, his teeth showing in a silent growl. "Try to play something... Respectable."

Relten likes this.
  2. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

-bigs
    bigs' vises are clamping so hard the sound of groaning metal echoes throughout the trailer.

Relten likes this.
  3. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

-Tetra-
    "I wonder how this floran came to be here. I wonder how any of these florans came to be here. Hmm, If I don't like these Florans situations, I wonder how long it will take the others to start doing something about it?" She was furiously taking notes on her pad, no on else knew what they said though.

Relten likes this.
  4. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

Lucca remained standing, observing the trophies.

Relten likes this.
  5. TΔktik

TΔktik Phantasmal Quasar

3 stands near the vehicle's door. He remains silent, waiting for the Hylotl's offer.

Relten likes this.
  6. FoliageFooey

FoliageFooey Aquatic Astronaut

Lolac smiled genuinely at the group of strangers entering the room. "Ah finally, a crowd that don't laugh and point." He pulled Quillus onto his lap and stretched out his fingers. The collar weighed his arms down and made them slow and numb, but...he had a song to play! He simply had to work through the pain. 'These folk seem nice.' He though. 'Maybe they'll help me if I do the right tune.'

" I present to you: Waterfall." Lolac said graciously as if performing on stage. After a dramatic pause he began. A long slow paced melody flowed out of the instrument.
    ( )

7. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

Lucca frowned at the music, thinking to herself, Waterfall? Seriously? Did one of the Hylotl name it? She let out a barely stifled yawn. A slow song like that wasn't her style, she preferred her music to have more 'energy'.

Relten likes this.
  8. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

-Tetra-
    "Hmm, what a sad sounding tune. I guess that Floran is sad." She thought to herself. She took more notes.

Relten likes this.
  9. Tatterdemalion

Tatterdemalion Phantasmal Quasar

"If it's all the same, I'd rather work with your medics on our Nova than talk politics," Reynolds bluntly states. He doesn't have time for this song-and-dance.

10. Vurrunna

The Hylotl doesn't show any reaction to the music, focusing his attention on those before him. He looks to Reynolds: "Our surgeons are highly skilled; your presence would distract them." He states this as a fact (with a bit of rude superiority in his tone), and addresses the whole group.

"You are travelers; travelers of Death. You must have skills not held by others. That is why I... Why I require your aid." He seems pained to say this, his need no doubt battling his pride.

11. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

"Did you even bother to do background checks when you decided to demand our aid?" Lucca gave an amused grin at the Hylotl's discomfort. "Because I will be limited use to you unless you put me behind the controls of a vehicle."

12. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

-bigs
    "What crimes did this floran- or any of them- commit"
    He spits these words out

13. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

-Tetra-
    This piqued Tetra's interest, she was curious. She was also taking notes.

14. TΔktik

TΔktik Phantasmal Quasar

3 wishes that Bigs would keep quiet to avoid conflict with the Hylotl, at least for now. He still does not speak, though he is increasingly impatient with the Hylotl, who's taking far too long to get to the point.

15. Tatterdemalion

Tatterdemalion Phantasmal Quasar

"You want our help? After that gracious welcome, how could we refuse?" Reynolds scoffed. "Aye, and what's in it for us?" You twat, he wanted to add. He was the best damn surgeon in the system- better than these pretentious fish, anyway.

Relten likes this.
  16. Vurrunna

The Hylotl stares blankly at Lucca. "We have a vehicle that you shall use. I am sure it will suit your needs."

The Hylotl seems nearly annoyed by this question. "They are murderers, savages. Not one of them is innocent. This one--" he gestures to Lolac "--is of less danger; he is my personal musician out of my own grace." Obviously, he has no appreciation for Floran kind.

"We have monetary payment, if it suits you, though we have other offerings, various things I'm certain you will find just as lucrative." Here, the door opens once more, and a malnourished, shaking Floran steps in, a collar around its neck and poor clothing on its back; it carries a tray with a teapot and teacups, and some other refreshments. The tray rattles as the decrepit Floran shambles over and places it on the table with a bow. "R-refr-fresssshmentsss-ss..." The Floran's voice is a dry rasp, almost as dry as the petals on its head. The Hylotl looks at the Floran in disgust.

"Finally. Let us discuss your job."

17. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

-bigs
    "Were they even given a fair trial?"
    His voice has an angry edge to it

18. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

"A bit doubtful on that last one. But I'll reserve judgement 'till I see it." Lucca never cared for the vehicles of the Hylotl. In her experience, they've always been form before function.

Sharing in Bigs' anger, Lucca's expression showed more disgust. "Well, don't keep us waiting." Before your consistent display of hypocrisy goes too far. she kept these thoughts to herself.

19. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

-Tetra-
    Tetra was transcribing the conversation, but she was beginning to get worried. They had just gotten out of a fight and she wasn't keen on getting into another one. They were in a hylotl caravan, she doubted their ability to make it out alive were they to engage in a fight with them. However, she didn't appreciate the treatment of the florans either. She was unsure if she should speak up or not.

20. TΔktik

TΔktik Phantasmal Quasar

3's anger towards the Hylotl isn't clear to the others- it's quite hard to read a Glitch's expression. He does have a few words for the Hylotl, although he doesn't voice them. Yet.