1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue "No Suitable Graphics Card" Error?

Discussion in 'Support' started by nolliemai, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Wisdo101

Wisdo101 Intergalactic Tourist

I tried end Steam.exe then opening Stardew Valley but it still starts up when I try starting the game up then I get the 'no suitable graphics' problem

• MilkyMeadows

MilkyMeadows Space Spelunker

Yeah... ummm... I did that, and the game opens and everything- but its SO SLOW... like- I can't even do anything. I've exited all my other running things and stuff, but its actually making me mad. I have the "No suitable graphics card" error, and nothing I try works, apart from that- but its too slow/laggy... I feel like i'm either going to have to get a refund, or wait for the game to update so I can play it.

• MilkyMeadows

MilkyMeadows Space Spelunker

I tried looking for my "Preferred Graphics Processor" but I don't have that...??

• demonsamura

demonsamura Master Chief

It only lags for me when it rains and i have a pretty terrible computer.

• Icyblue

Icyblue Void-Bound Voyager

Mahalo to the user that aided in our attempts. And so far its made the game run fine for me since, aside from Demonsamurai's mention of rain chugging the game just a little. Though once I'm indoors the lag ceases. However the logo remains.

If it's relevant at all; I'm using the GOG version.

• ryankey721

ryankey721 Void-Bound Voyager

Had the same issue with XNA HiDef and the .dll download with the watermarked logo fixed it. I was almost worried that I couldn't play Stardew every available minute now that it's out.

Thanks all! Also, stickying this would be awesome, as well as a solution to the watermark issue.

• denafox

denafox Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hey! This error will be fix in future update? Please, answer

• denafox

• denafox

This fix, developer try it

Attached Files:

• Captainstrife

Captainstrife Space Hobo

During the 30h I've managed to play of this game it has crashed around 10 times with this same issue. It's starting to get unplayable as it crashes more often than I can play it :(
                    I really wish a fix could get released soon because I love this game!

• denafox

Developer, please, fix this error!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• mbiernat

mbiernat Yeah, You!

I have tried all the step outlined here: http://stardewvalleywiki.com/Linux#Running_Stardew_Valley_in_Wine for a Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa install on two computers (Acer and Asus), both I have used for gaming in the past with no issues. With StarDew Valley I get the error mentioned above. That is, 'could not find a direct3D device..."

I have read up on this: https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=36789
                        I tried the above video.
                        Is there anything else I can do?
                        Would another distro help or is more related to my computers (both relatively modern)?

• Davoodinator

Davoodinator Void-Bound Voyager

this solution looks really simple; then all you need to do is warn people that they might see weird stuff if they load the game on a toaster.

it looks like there is a link to learn more about it. i guess a simple search would solve that. posting text instead of screencap might be better though.

edit: found where you got this from:

http://www.codingvision.net/xna/xna-disable-profile-check

• Davoodinator

http://www.codingvision.net/xna/xna-disable-profile-check

that led me to think. maybe the dev doesn't want to use weird DLL files. I diss assembled it , and it seemed fine but who knows. after looking at the calls it makes. it seems to be very interested in not the xna graphics dll. but the actual framework DLL itself.

going there I can see a few references to:

get_ProfileInvalidDevice

so i tried to figure out how this was linked, and it seemed to call back further. anyways if someone can figure out how to hex edit "Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll" to ignore the compatibility check, we will have it working for everyone even if it is buggy as heck.

• Davoodinator

• Davoodinator

• Game4Eternity

Game4Eternity Space Hobo

Is there a way to compile an alternate version using the Reach function with lower rendering for users experiencing this problem? If you could; would it still function at all or would you need to do massive amounts or re-coding?

• denafox

Please, fix this problem. Not ingnore us! Why you dont ask!!!

• denafox

Help!

• denafox

Помогите! Help!