Modding Discussion OLD--POST IN NEW THREAD--Mod List, Modding Guides, and General Modding Discussion

Discussion in 'Mods' started by cantorsdust, Feb 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zoryn4163

Zoryn4163 Big Damn Hero

Alright I downloaded your mod thing and will be trying to get logging working when the main game throws exceptions, give me a bit and hopefully I'll get it right.
    Edit: Nope, seems to be impossible, at least with everything I've tried.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
    • Vexsanity

Vexsanity Big Damn Hero

I tried the all crops all season and when it turned fall, all my summer crops died still :(

• cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

Which crops? Because I have some tomatoes that are still growing in fall no problem. Just harvested one on a test farm. They're next to some parsnips I grew in fall as well.

Make sure that

1. The mod's Crops.xnb was placed in Stardew Valley\Content\Data.
        2. Have you other crops survived month changeovers?
        3. Are you able to plant other seasons' seed in fall? You should still be able to plant parsnip seeds, tomato seeds, etc in the fall.

Edit: Did you purchase the seeds of the crops that died before or after installing the mod? Did you plant the seeds of the crops that died before or after installing the mod?

I know items once created have their own properties. That is, they are instances of a class. I wonder if the reports I'm getting are from people installing the mod mid-game and having non-modded plants exist.

I also wonder whether the save file has a copy of the xnbs from the time when the game was started. That could be a source of problems as well.

Lots of things to work on!

Attached Files:

• cantorsdust

Well, and now I got to winter and all my crops died regardless. Damn.

edit: I can still plant the seeds, too. They just disappear the next day.

• Irtan

Irtan Void-Bound Voyager

Does anyone know how to edit timescale to make it longer, similar to one of those .exe files that added ~4 sec to each 10 minutes of in game time?

• cantorsdust

For anyone using my mods All Crops All Seasons and All Fish All Seasons, I've had a hell of a time editing the seasons field in the xnbs. It doesn't seem to stick. All Crops All Seasons worked for me until this winter, when all my crops died. I could still plant seeds out of season, but they then died the next day. So I have no damn clue what is with that. I had parsnips growing from spring to fall and tomatoes in fall, though, so it's at least partially working.

The fish mod All Fish All Seasons All Times All Weathers does indeed work for time and weather but not for seasons. Fish can still only be caught in their usual season with that mod.

I'm working on why, and will keep you updated.

• Zoryn4163

Zoryn4163 Big Damn Hero

Hopefully I'll have calls to do those things soon enough so that you don't have to deal with silly XNB files :D

• cantorsdust

That would be extraordinarily greatly appreciated.

• Afflicted One

Afflicted One Phantasmal Quasar

I've looked into this, it seems like it's hardcoded.

• Vexsanity

Vexsanity Big Damn Hero

I think it may be because I updated to 1.0.3. But it was all the summer crops. Corn stayed obviously. I bought the seeds before installing the mod. I will replace the mod again and see what happens in Winter.

• animandan

animandan Void-Bound Voyager

Maybe there's some other thing that's affecting it that's not specifically linked to the crop? Like a snowy weather thing that automatically kills the crops or something.

• Rupert484

Rupert484 Title Not Found

Updated Overhauled Candidates to v1.1

Changes-
                          -Tweaked all the portraits to make them equal quality
                          -Replaced Haley's portrait with a more fitting and matching one
                          -Leah's overworld sprite is different
                          -Bachelors now have new overworld sprites (minus Sebastian, as his is already fine)

Download: https://mega.nz/#!BMF2RKaQ!eD1MdCgsnIVP0u62hnDa1LdDylI8QAf__ISoS3GBoSY

emirinsama and axellslade like this.
                          • Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Plants dying in winter is more likely to be a call back to some of the older HM games where nothing grew in Winter than it is to be a weather effect linked to Winter.

• animandan

animandan Void-Bound Voyager

Do you have any screenshots or anything?

• Rupert484

Rupert484 Title Not Found

I need to leave for a while, but when I get back, I'll take some screenshots.
                                There's also a preview picture in the zip that shows the portraits.

emirinsama likes this.
                                • axellslade

axellslade Void-Bound Voyager

Portraits preview(click the thumbnail to see full image):
                                  Preview.jpg

• cantorsdust

Updated new link and added preview from file.

• Fabyold

Fabyold Void-Bound Voyager

I have a problem, when you use the program XnbNode 0.1.0 the window closes without displaying any message or error :/

• axellslade

axellslade Void-Bound Voyager

That's because it's a command line tool, not a program with an interface. Follow the instructions per the first post.

• boomer678

boomer678 Void-Bound Voyager

Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.