The Flower Incident

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Justincase, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Justincase

Justincase Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I strongly feel that the flower dance should be less brutally depressing (lower heart requirement) or be removed. I gave Leah a salad twice a week each week until then and and i get rejected after all that wasted time trying to find her and 400 gold a week spent for nothing. I do understand its just the first month but its pretty discouraging already.
    If you do keep it in lower the heart requirement to three.

• Mitchell11678

Mitchell11678 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I slightly agree, but it does make sense. You're new to the farm and people don't know you that well. These are people they've known their whole lives probably and are much more comfortable dancing with.

That being said I did get disheartened as well and ended up finding where the save file was and changing Abigail's (my character of choice) hearts to four. I won't say how to do it, but it's pretty obvious if you look in the save file.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a way to do it legit though and I don't really think they should change it. Especially when in the first season I have a feeling the majority of players won't really know who it is they want to decide to be with is yet, so most players won't really care/ be surprised at the fact that they have no one to dance with. Although having no one at all to dance with is kinda sad.

LadyKianna likes this.
      • Evendius

Evendius Astral Cartographer

Let us dance with evalyn! Old ladies love dancing and George is in a wheelchair. Another alternative could be to bring a scarecrow

• Declension

Declension Cosmic Narwhal

It's kinda like other harvest moon/rune factory games though. You're not expected to win/see a feature (in this case the flower dance) on your first month. I think it's fine as is.

• HimochiIsAwesome

HimochiIsAwesome Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I agree, a platonic dance with one of the non-romanceable characters could be pretty cute! <3 Might not be feasible to add though, since it'd mean adding more new sprites, reworking the event to move people to fit in an extra couple, etc.

That being said, it does kinda make sense to not be able to join in the first time, since people don't know you too well and such. It's kinda sad, but it'd feel kinda strange otherwise.

Salamander Sundaes likes this.
            • Khaosius

Khaosius Cosmic Narwhal

A platonic dance with granny would be awesome! And I definitely agree that you've been there less than a week, it would be a little weird to dance with a stranger.

• Tastelessfruit

Tastelessfruit Void-Bound Voyager

How many hearts do you need with a person in order to dance with them?

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Four apparently.

(Platonic dances would be hilarious. At least in my case, because it would be a dance with Shane, since he somehow had 4 hearts by then.)

HimochiIsAwesome likes this.
                  • Khaosius

Khaosius Cosmic Narwhal

How did you... Who would wear... Actually nevermind.

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

No idea how, just know that I did it somehow. As for who would wear the dress, guy or no, I'd have happily worn the bloody thing if it meant I had a dance partner. (That said, him being at four hearts so early did rather endear Shane to me.)

Back to topic- it really would be nice to be able to dance with certain people regardless of their affection level for you. Even if it was out of pity.

• Khaosius

Khaosius Cosmic Narwhal

I agree. I've mentioned this on the community list. :)

Justincase likes this.
                        • Justincase

Justincase Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Pity Dance?

• Jagore

Jagore Big Damn Hero

I rushed down to level 20 in the mines and got Sebastian all the frozen tears I could find. Man it was nuts. But I did it. 6 tears, the last of which was delivered the day before the dance, plus talking to him every single day up to the dance.

• LazerusKI

LazerusKI Phantasmal Quasar

Is sebastians birthday in spring?
                              when i gifted abigail an amethyst on her birthday, i jumped from 6 to 9 hearts.
                              so it could be possible to get 4 hearts when there is someone with a birthday before the festival

• Jagore

Jagore Big Damn Hero

I think Sebastians birthday is in winter, but its totally doable to get him to dance the first year if you try and get a little lucky with frozen tears.