Modding Discussion OLD--POST IN NEW THREAD--Mod List, Modding Guides, and General Modding Discussion

Discussion in 'Mods' started by cantorsdust, Feb 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Screamerchris

Screamerchris Space Hobo

So that would make the days longer?

• cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

Sweet. I'll add it to the OP.

• renamon426

renamon426 Poptop Tamer

Don't think your crop mod works since I lost spring crops when summer came around with your mod installed. Unless you mod makes it where you can plant other seasons crops during during a different season it seems like the crops still die when the next season starts.

• cantorsdust

Hmm, thanks for the feedback. I'll work on it tonight.

• zipy199522

zipy199522 Pangalactic Porcupine

Did you plant the seeds before or after installing the mod?

• tm080201

tm080201 Master Chief

I've been doing some testing modding, and I wanted to see if anyone else came across this:

I could edit the hairstyles just fine. I edited the hairstyle I picked for my character to better suit my tastes. However, I when I tried to edit the farmer base body (I didn't like the nose on the profile view and the farmer's head when facing away is so small, it looks strange) suddenly, the game crashed when loading. I also tried to edit Alex's sprite sheet to remove the nose from the profile, and this caused the game to crash as well. Any ideas?

• cantorsdust

Check %appdata%\Roaming\Stardew Valley and see if there are any error logs that are helpful.

Also, added Cheat Happens trainer to OP with a good set of features. Usually have to pay for those, but this one's free (a promotion, maybe?).

• tm080201

tm080201 Master Chief

Found the problem! It looks like the XNA Formatter tool has some oddities...It kept overwriting the previous XNB file it created. So I'd format the Hairstyles.png to Hairstyles.xnb, then when I'd try to convert farmer_base.png, the formatter would erase the hairstyles.xnb with farmer_base.xnb.

Really strange...but I made it work by copying one file at a time and moving them around.

• renamon426

renamon426 Poptop Tamer

I planted the seeds after the mod was installed. Did it on day 27 to see if they would survive the season change, in which the plants did not survive.

• WatcherCCG

WatcherCCG Giant Laser Beams

The seasonal turn is generally heralded by a scripted natural disaster that wipes your farm clean. I think you'll need to find the scripting for the event and either comment it out or otherwise halt it.

• cantorsdust

Very odd. I just started a new game, waited until summer, planted the parsnip seeds Lewis gives you, then waited until fall to harvest them. No problem growing them.

edit: Things to try:
                        1. Like WatcherCCG said, make sure it doesn't work on other seasons other than the first spring->summer since that's the earthquake,
                        2. Make sure that the modified Crops.xnb was placed in Stardew Valley\Content\Data.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
                        • Shiunin

Shiunin Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks! No idea why it wasn't working at first, but I got it open.

Do you guys know which file has the item sprites in it? Specifically looking for the fish ones. Thanks again!

• cantorsdust

I believe it's Content\Maps\springobjects.xnb, not to be confused with Content\springobjects.xnb.

• Draivin

Draivin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

• cantorsdust

OP updated.

In addition, I made a few more tweaks tonight.
                              All Fish All Seasons does exactly what it says. It edits Content\Data\Fish.xnb to allow all fish to be caught in every season.
                              All Fish All Seasons All Times All Weathers takes it further, editing the same file to allow all fish to be caught all 4 seasons, from 0600 to 2600, in both sunny and rainy weather.

As always, back up your files. Both should be unzipped to your base Stardew Valley folder so that Content\Data\Fish.xnb is replaced. Let me know about any problems!

Drogean likes this.
                              • Rupert484

Rupert484 Title Not Found

I've renamed my portrait mod to "Overhauled Marriage Candidates" and it's now at version 1.02c.

-Bachelor portraits added
                                -Female overworld sprites have been very kindly altered by GianTDIX to match the portraits (have been given permission to include these).

New download link is here: https://mega.nz/#!AIkGlC5S!bxef3u6fLbs2PhvqTBV9Z-HEnQcAlX_gns6l3v0R3v8

I hope you enjoy.

Edit: Sorry about that. Needed to make a quick edit.
                                Edit2: Again, sorry about that. Should be fine now.

• cpevors

cpevors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I am wanting to fix a few typos in dialogue. How would I go about doing that?

• cantorsdust

See Content\Characters\Dialogue for dialogue files. You'll also find dialogue under Characters\schedules within the schedule files themselves, Content\Data\Events, Content\Data\Festivals, and Content\Data\TV. Quest descriptions, while not strictly dialogue, are in Content\Data\Quests.xnb.

• cpevors

cpevors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I thought so. I can't seem to access Draivin's file on megaupload. The page comes back with an error. Ideas?

• Vortox14

Vortox14 Big Damn Hero

Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.