Share your misfortune here.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mr. V, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Silverbane7

Silverbane7 Pangalactic Porcupine

maybe the best way is to let us have the auto-shoppers in the games then?
    (i have the game 'innocent life: a sci-fi harvest moon' and in that one, you can unlock a remote shopper. each one has only one type of crop but its available 24-7)

also, maybe some games should add a slider to the seasons? like in the sims. in the sims2 you could set the avarage life span longer in each stage (i allways set baby to as short as it would let me lol, but made toddler and child longer than teen because of how many life skills you could teach and how long it took to potty and walk train toddlers in sims games)
    later when the seasons packs arrived you could not only set what seasons were alowed per area, but also how long each season was.
    maybe we could get a slider (mod perhaps?) to make the seasons move to 2, 3 or even epic months at a time. i would love to see 2-3 months per season. but then the calander would be wrong would'nt it?

Garnetchick likes this.
    • kattenjansson

kattenjansson Cosmic Narwhal

this is why I wish seasons were 30 days instead of 28. but it doesnt really bother me so much. I played HM64 enough to know that there's a certain amount of pain that comes with these games

what we REALLY need though? is a calendar in our house. I cant be wasting time going to go check it. I would rather have one so we can even check off crop rotation days... HM64 lets you do that

• Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

You can eventually. get a calendar in your house. I don't know how but from a few of the people that I have watched They were able to check it from their house. :nuruawe:

Phaena likes this.
        • Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

IIRC, the Carpenter sells it (or is it Pierre?) but it's like 2,000g .... which seems a tad expensive for a 4-page calendar that never changes, lol.

Phaena, Garnetchick and Tamorr like this.
          • Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

well that could be said of quite a few things in the game... As convenience has a price. Backpack upgrades... I don't mind the price, as it is something to work for. :nuruwink:

• kattenjansson

what!? maybe now that I have the bag fully upgraded Pierre sells it? can anyone confirm where it is?

• WatcherCCG

WatcherCCG Giant Laser Beams

Robin is the one who sells the calendar. Her stock cycles through themes depending on the day and season, but she always has a calendar in stock.

Phaena, Garnetchick and Tamorr like this.
                • Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

the same thing could be sead about the plazma tv

but that didnt stop be from buying it lol

Garnetchick likes this.
                  • kattenjansson

I spent all of fall hoarding my wealth for the winter (this isn't my first time at a farming sim). I bought the tv, calendar, and a bunch of furniture and it barely put a dent in my funds :proper:

once spring hits I'm starting a huge orchard. Plus Sam's gifts wont buy themselves. gotta keep my hunnie stocked with joja cola for days:proper::proper::proper::proper::proper::proper::proper::proper:

Phaena, squidspeaker and Garnetchick like this.
                    • kokobean22

kokobean22 Big Damn Hero

I spent a lot of money on the first Rarecrow and set her up next to my other scarecrow like a cute little couple
                      A few weeks later a piece of wood spawned in her place and now she's lost

Now I got one from the library and I'm too afraid to use it for fear of losing it

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

If you want lots of joja cola, just fish in that small pond near your farmhouse, lol. You get 1 in every 3-5 casts.

Phaena likes this.
                        • kattenjansson

EXCUSE ME FOR WANTING TO BUY MY LOVE FRESH COLA HE ENJOYS INSTEAD OF FISHING TRASH OUT OF A POND LIKE "HERE YOU GO"
                          what are we, savages??????????

also I know but thank you for the tip! xo

cherryoctopie, Phaena and Tetigistus like this.
                          • Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Bah, a cloth and a spitshine and he'd never notice the difference. Just hope he doesn't look at the bottom of the can (he might see the rust spots), or the sell by date.

• kattenjansson

:proper: can someone please do something about this... commoner in my presence? gifting and consuming trash! THE IDEA :proper:
                              you've upset my delicate bourgeois nature

now if you'll excuse me I simply must attend to my crab pots *runs around town holding a pile of fish bait straight up over my head*

cherryoctopie, Phaena and Silverbane7 like this.
                              • Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I could never get crab pots to work... I tried setting the 3 you get for free up near the docks, near the fisherman's shop... and that was in the middle of autumn... it is now winter, and no crabs.

• Crail

Crail Void-Bound Voyager

I think it says you have to bait the traps and then check the next day but I haven't tried using them yet.

• Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

you gotta put bait in them silly

• SamwysGankye

SamwysGankye Space Hobo

Check the beach, Pierre's, and the paths that go from her house to these places. Also at the saloon on some nights.

• SamwysGankye

SamwysGankye Space Hobo

I was trying to deposit about 500 stone and wood into a chest I have outside my house. Accidentally put them in the shipping crate. No new kitchen for me for a little bit. :)

• FakeGeekGamerGirl

FakeGeekGamerGirl Big Damn Hero

This happened to me, too. I was sad until I got the same item (a ring) later and it was just "ring of magnetism" and I was... amused.