Modding Discussion OLD--POST IN NEW THREAD--Mod List, Modding Guides, and General Modding Discussion

Discussion in 'Mods' started by cantorsdust, Feb 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DatYandereGirl

DatYandereGirl Big Damn Hero

I might be trying mods later on down the line! Awesome job though modders

• zjjxs

zjjxs Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Whether it can support UTF8?
      Does not display non-English..

Let JsonToXnb is utf8 format..Probably like this

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
      • Lazzeking

Lazzeking Aquatic Astronaut

Hey guys, hope someone can help me with that, i am trying to solve this by something around 1-2 hours.
        When i try to pack the Png to Xnb with XNAformatter i get this this error:

************** Text of the Exception **************
        System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=842cf8be1de50553'
        or one of its dependencies. Can not find the file specified.

Filename: 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Pipeline, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=842cf8be1de50553'
        in XNAFormatter.XNAFormatter.convert()
        in XNAFormatter.XNAFormatter.convertButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
        in System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
        in System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
        in System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
        in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
        in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
        in System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
        in System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
        in System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
        in System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
        in System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

• Rupert484

Rupert484 Title Not Found

You need to have Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Express (C# edition) installed as well as XNA Game Studio.
          Here's an ISO for Visual Studio http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/E/5/1E5F1C0A-0D5B-426A-A603-1798B951DDAE/VS2010Express1.iso
          And here's XNA Game Studio https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=23714

Keep in mind you only need them installed. You don't need to open them once installed or anything.

• Lazzeking

That didn't work , i have installed vs and xna and the error still occurs :(

• zipy199522

zipy199522 Pangalactic Porcupine

Here, try this. This was the method that I used to set up all of my files. Everything you need will be in the .zip folder from this page. Follow the instructions, restart your comp, then try again.

https://mxa.codeplex.com/releases/view/618279

Lazzeking likes this.
              • Lazzeking

Thank you man , that worked :)

zipy199522 likes this.
                • Pinkishu

Pinkishu Phantasmal Quasar

So the Maps are compressed it seems? Once decompressed I get a xnb file that seems to contain a tide binary map... but I can't figure out how to load that into the tIDE editor :p It says index out of range error, and it doesn't seem to provide any more useful info. (I removed the XNB header of course). Seems either would have to load it with it xTile Engine or dunno?

• Beret

Beret Subatomic Cosmonaut

• boomer678

boomer678 Void-Bound Voyager

I'd like to make something like that. Some kind of mod loader, but it's a lot of work and this is my first time writing something like this. I might have to look at other mod loaders for other games and see how they work.

• Rupert484

Rupert484 Title Not Found

• cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

• Pinkishu

Pinkishu Phantasmal Quasar

Haha, sadly, I also don't have previous experience. ^^"
                      I don't think doing a whole API for mods would be good since there will probably be lots of updates that will break it each time. ^^" So, I don't know the best approach here. Just hooks on draw and such are nice but can't change existing behaviour. Even with reflection it's quite hacky to override a method though, and probably likely to break and such, plus would have issues if multiple mods tried to override the same method maybe.

Maybe something like... a mod compiles itself to a DLL and specifies which method in the game should be hooked to which function in the DLL, then when launching you modify the specified method to be... if the original is
                      void blah() {
                      // code
                      }
                      to:
                      void blah() {
                      dllMethod();
                      // code
                      }

ideally also that it would pass parameters passed to the original function to the dllMethod too

that way you could even call multiple different dll methods for a single method being hooked and they have a better chance of interoperating (still not guaranteed though)

So a mod would be an info file and a dll, the dll having the compiled .net methods
                      and the info file having:
                      Version of Game
                      For each method being hooked: method name to hook (and classname), methodname in Dll it should call, when it is called (after the original method's code or before)
                      With the version info you could warn that a mod isn't made for the current version if it differs and such

• jessiebean

jessiebean 2.7182818284590...

Thank you to all the modders for your continuing efforts, this is so exciting :D:pwease:

• ForcesPT

ForcesPT Space Hobo

Hi all, and thanks for this amazing thread!
                          I have a problem: the game crash when I use special characters (like: áçã, etc) in the .json files.

Anyone have found a solution? Maybe font problem? Many Thanks!

• Draivin

Draivin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It does support UTF-8, the problem is that the game does not have glyphs for other kinds of letters, so you are limited to the english characters.

EDIT:
                            I looked around in the font files, and the good news is that the character maps are defined in the files themselves, so we can insert new glyphs as soon as we are able to extract/pack those files.

cantorsdust likes this.
                            • Zoryn4163

Zoryn4163 Big Damn Hero

DatYandereGirl likes this.
                            • Screamerchris

Screamerchris Space Hobo

Might it be possible to change the time values?

• cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

Time values are a 2 byte ranging from 600 to 2600 (6 am to 2am the next day). There's already a cheat engine trainer out there that can do it, but it's out of date for version 1.03. You could try searching for it yourself, though.

• Zoryn4163

Zoryn4163 Big Damn Hero

I'll be putting out a release of a simple test variant of the modding api I'm working on that basically acts as a trainer in the next few hours. It currently can do most things you'd expect from a trainer, like set health, stamina, money, time, day, season, etc.
                                  Alpha Release: https://github.com/Zoryn4163/SMAPI/releases/tag/Alpha0.1

Thread Status:
                                  Not open for further replies.