Modding Discussion OLD--POST IN NEW THREAD--Mod List, Modding Guides, and General Modding Discussion

Discussion in 'Mods' started by cantorsdust, Feb 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shiunin

Shiunin Void-Bound Voyager

Hello! I'm wondering how possible it is to modify the hairstyles in the game? I noticed there is a hairstyles.xnb but I wasn't able to get it to extract =[

• boomer678

boomer678 Void-Bound Voyager

I made a basic movement mod
      https://github.com/kevinmurphy678/Stawdew_Injector
      It uses mono cecil to edit the Farmer getMovementSpeed method. Its pretty hacky but works. The code is there if anyone wants to see how it works. This is my first time doing any kind of modding/programming like this so I'm not sure if there are better ways but it works for now

Drogean likes this.
      • Pyrii

Pyrii Existential Complex

Wow, the game's been out a day and already a modding scene for it.

DatYandereGirl likes this.
        • WatcherCCG

WatcherCCG Giant Laser Beams

Not even 24 hours and Mr Anti Fun had finished a trainer with some basic functions. When people want modding done, it gets done.

• cantorsdust

cantorsdust Existential Complex

Nice! I'll add this to the OP.

Also, adding my own mod to the OP. All Crops All Seasons. Attached to this post. Does exactly what it says--edits the crops.xnb file in Content\Data so that all seasons are listed under all crops. I would appreciate some testing to confirm it works.

Installation: Unzip it in your Stardew Valley base folder to preserve the file structure. Backup your crops.xnb file in Content\Data beforehand if you want. The modified crops.xnb file should be in Stardew Valley\Content\Data to properly work.

Attached Files:

• zipy199522

zipy199522 Pangalactic Porcupine

Very nice! I'll update the modding guide for crops tonight. Just finished adding weapons and updated NPC dialogue to have some documentation to help people understand how it works.

• The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

I suggest you remove files \ mods you have not tried personally.
                Since you would be held responsible if those files end up being potentially harmful at a later date.

• Shiunin

Shiunin Void-Bound Voyager

do you think it will be possible to add hats with custom sprites as well?

• cantorsdust

Hairstyles.xnb unpacks without issue using XNB parse 0.7, not XNB Node 0.0.1. It's in grayscale--I assume hair color is defined manually in the game like on character creation.

Should be able to modify existing hats without issue now. Problem would be getting the game to load new ones--would have to get help from ConcernedApe on that.

• Rupert484

Rupert484 Title Not Found

I've made a mod that replaces the bachelorettes' portraits with versions from earlier development. I used one from the timeline and drew in the other expressions.
                      Doesn't have Leah's phone sprite though since I'm not a very good artist, so I simply put her angry sprite in its place.

mega:///#!YNlXlbAK!jOn0Ky-Wjhaln1YLdscj1B8HaR0FZpuspR3eZxKOJVE

• cantorsdust

Added to OP.

• artdekdok

artdekdok Void-Bound Voyager

What files to contain this fonts.
                          sdv_ff.jpg

• cantorsdust

The Controls appears to be font_bold in Content\LooseSprites. I'm not finding the SET font anywhere--could be a button graphic that I'm also not finding.

• Zoryn4163

Zoryn4163 Big Damn Hero

Nice work with the XNBs, I was unable to get them to behave :p

• artdekdok

Thank found font_bold.png and font_colored.png, but can't find xml to control this fonts. :facepalm:

• Pinkishu

Pinkishu Phantasmal Quasar

"Fixed" by making diagonal movement make you travel twice as fast? Interesting fix :p

• Berret

Berret Subatomic Cosmonaut

I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to tweak things to my liking! First step, change the Bachelor's sprites and portraits to what I like. I do like bearded men. :p
                                    It was a quick little edit where I just swapped the names of the files, more of a little test to see how things go. :)

Edit: TO no surprise the sprite glitches a bit when preforming an animation that it does not have, but it's a minor inconvenience. Maybe I can dig into the files and copy and paste the standing still sprite to the animations

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
                                    • Pinkishu

Pinkishu Phantasmal Quasar

Going to extend on it? Like could make SV load DLLs from a /plugin folder on PostInit that then modify stuff via reflection/emission and the like?
                                      Or load those DLLs in your injector and inject the hooks they define I guess

• artdekdok

• Teien

Teien Subatomic Cosmonaut

I won't be trying any mods at this point, but I wanted to stop by and look what you guys have done so far. Great work! I can't wait to se what you guys can come up with next! :)

Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.