1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Game goes blocky and white with blocks replacing everything.

Discussion in 'Support' started by sevenhavenz, Feb 26, 2016.

1. sevenhavenz

sevenhavenz Space Hobo

I can play the game at first, but all of a sudden the whole game will just become white and everything is replaced by blocks of white or other colours. Even the text becomes either black boxes or other colored boxes. Was really excited for the game, so please help :(

• genjiworks

genjiworks Void-Bound Voyager

I got the same thing, then i noticed that it seems to occur when Steam Client has a message.... Can anyone confirm this?

• sevenhavenz

sevenhavenz Space Hobo

I didn't even get any messages. It just changes with no warning nor trigger..

• Solshine

Solshine Void-Bound Voyager

I can confirm this happens, although not specifically when Steam has a message waiting. Either of you submitted this as a bug yet?

• sevenhavenz

sevenhavenz Space Hobo

just posted as a bug through the form

• Solshine

sevenhavenz, genjiworks, either of you use a laptop with an integrated graphics chip? and possibly ALSO a proper GPU like a geforce or some such?

• lake avenue

lake avenue Space Hobo

I'm having this issue and I'm using integrated graphics.

• MsMaru

MsMaru Void-Bound Voyager

This happens to me too, and I use a laptop with both a GeForce GTX 780M and an Intel HD Graphics 4000 chip. :nurusad:

• sevenhavenz

sevenhavenz Space Hobo

I'm using intel graphics and nvidia geforce gtx 650m, playing on a laptop.

• lake avenue

lake avenue Space Hobo

To everyone having this issue, alt-tabbing out and back in fixed it for me. I'm playing on fullscreen as well.

• Solshine

I tried alt-tabbing and it didn't seem to fix the issue. However I found that the issue had ceased when I forced my game to run using the proper GPU rather than the integrated graphics. With my card it was as simple as using the NVidia control panel. Of course then the game froze and crashed when I tried to eat a parsnip. "-.-

• MsMaru

MsMaru Void-Bound Voyager

@Solshine That did it for me! Mine was also running on the integrated graphics. Switched to the NVidia one and it works just fine now. Thank you! <3

(Never did like those parsnips. :p )

• genjiworks

Laptop wioth Intergrated Chip

• Pyrii

Pyrii Existential Complex

Sounds like a graphics memory issue. Integrated chipsets are notoriously dodgy in this respect since they don't actually have dedicated memory and instead share system RAM.

• Matthew12

Matthew12 Space Hobo

I SOLVED IT!!! press f12 and capture a screenshot, the white screen will go away and you will be able to play. I've been playing continuously since without any persisting issues
                                -Hope the Dev see's!!! Glad i could help anyone, lmk if it works for you so we can help solve and terminate this issue.
                                -Matt

• Pyrii

Pyrii Existential Complex

If that's the case then the issue other people are reporting with the steam overlay probably applies. You can turn off the steam overlay if you right click the game in your library and check it's properties.

• genjiworks

- I tried the F12 trick, it did not work for me.
                                    - I ran the game without the Steam Application, it still gave me the graphic error/

I have a laptopl with intergrated graphics.
                                    I play the game and after like 10 minutes the graphics glitches. Help wanted...

• sevenhavenz

sevenhavenz Space Hobo

I changed it such that when the game starts it is forced to use the nvidia graphics driver. So far still doing well.

• SereneSelenophile

SereneSelenophile Void-Bound Voyager

Having the same issue here.

I'll try to be as thorough as possible for the devs.

Processor: Intel i5 m520
                                        RAM: 6gb (My laptop has been upgraded to 6 gigs of ram installed on laptop where the default was initially 4 gb, I do not believe it is an issue with the memory in my case as was mentioned above.)
                                        Graphics: Intel HD (No model number) it's an integrated card, there is no alternative (dedicated) graphics card.

Error seems to happen after 2-5 minutes. Steam overlay is not enabled. Tabbing out if full screen or tabbing to desktop with everything minimized permanently fixes the issue for that instance of the game being open. Trigger seems to be random, I got it while randomly walking up to the box by the mailbox. Got it initially when the game loaded for the first time after the initial cutscene.

• Duduxo

Duduxo Seal Broken

Hello,

I was starting to play this game in my notebook, but for every 10 mins playing the game suddenly got the graphics crash...

Here's a screenshoot...
                                          [​IMG]

And my Notebook specs...
                                          Notebook Model Asus K42F

Processor
                                          Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 460 @ 2.53GHz
                                          Manufacturer Intel
                                          Speed 2.5 GHz
                                          Number of Cores 2

Video Card
                                          Intel(R) HD Graphics
                                          Manufacturer Intel
                                          Chipset Intel(R) HD Graphics
                                          Dedicated Memory 64.0 MB
                                          Total Memory 1.7 GB

Memory 4.0 GB

Operating System
                                          Microsoft Windows 10 (build 10586), 64-bit
                                          Service Pack 0
                                          Size 64 Bit
                                          Edition
                                          Display Maximum Resolution 1366 x 768

There's another aditional info that i can grab to help solving this issue?