Wildstar

Discussion in 'Games' started by The | Suit, Feb 17, 2016.

1. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Anyone tried Wildstar?
    Was just going around to see what else was new, and Wildstar was on my radar when it initially launched and wanted to wait till it had time to mature before jumping in.

So finally took the plunge and was pleasantly surprised.
    Really great art style and combat.

Anyone else tried it for longer to share their thoughts?

If you haven't heard of it.
    http://www.wildstar-online.com/

Corraidhín likes this.
  2. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Dang that sure looks good! I really need a new game since I quit Gw2... I SO am gonna try this next weekend! <3

Google never ceases to amaze... I quick searched "Wildstar Mechari" and the first result was a thread on their forums titled "do Mechari really need underwear?" my face responsed to what my eyes read as what could only be translated as "...wut?"

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  3. The | Suit

I really wish they turned this into a movie.
    I would definitely watch it considering the art style and comedy.

But ya the game is one of those hidden gems. It takes a lot of the best traits of most MMO's - adds in comedy and zaniness.
    The only down side is its a tad small world compared to other MMO's - but then again if it gains popularity it will definitely grow.

So if you love it, spread the love.
    Also right now humble is offering a jump start kit for a $1.
    https://www.humblebundle.com/gamepedia_bundle

Gilligan Lanley and Corraidhín like this.
  4. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Ah yeah, I saw the humble offer, ill wait til I try it this weekend before I spend on it tho! I do know a few individuals who would certainly like this game, me specally loving the sassy-self-paroding nature of the game! (from what I ve seen so far)

5. The | Suit

Aye its nice - if you don't get anyone else to join - feel free to send me a ping.
    Always looking for more people to group up with.

Gilligan Lanley and Corraidhín like this.
  6. cthomasdig

cthomasdig Void-Bound Voyager

wild star is pretty good I've played it a lot and actually saw it first at pax east a few years ago and it just got better from there

7. The | Suit

Unfortunately if the numbers don't improve - it won't be around for long.
    I think its because lack of information is really hurting it, so Hopefully the thread increases some awareness even in a small way.

After all, a tiny ripple is start of a wave.

Gilligan Lanley likes this.
  8. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

It probably is being hindered by the fact that sci-fi is so often dominated by the cliche media... Star wars and such ugliness are often the first and brightest beacons when one drifts over sheer darkness that conveys the internet, but I think it has hope, I will install it ASAP, and then spread the fire

9. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Err say... did you install Eu or Na Wildstar? im on the installer, and this thing is confusing as all heaven

10. The | Suit

I used North America

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  11. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

*cough* wildstar at 19% I shouldnt have taken chances and installed this last night >w< btw have you found anyone else interested in playing? I dont wanna be the only newbie sprawling around and about

12. The | Suit

Ya I got 2 others in line - 1 more is still a bit iffy.

13. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Ooh awesome, we can get a little group going, maybe entice others to peruse Wildstar and perhaps join usssss... nyeh heheh that would be such fun!

14. The | Suit

We will be starting pretty soon - so feel free to join us if you do finish it up in time.
    My account name is TheLastSuit

This also includes anyone else who wants to join - I will be making a group for everyone to have company.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
    Corraidhín likes this.
  15. Gilligan Lanley

Gilligan Lanley Space Kumquat

If I do remember correctly, it had a lot troubles on launch day which turned off a lot of players before Wildstar turned into a F2P game. I wasn't there from the launch, but I tried it a few months ago and really enjoyed it. I would stayed, but Final Fantasy 14:A Realm Reborn took me in as I hit off with some nice people and joiedn a friendly; yet small, free company (that game's version of the guild system). Been playing it off and on since, but I wouldn't mind giving Wildstar another go.

16. The | Suit

Sure more the merrier - I tried FF14 - I hated the fact it was auto targeting. But the graphics were beautiful.

17. Gilligan Lanley

Yeah, there were a few gripping issues I had with FF14, but I was egged on that the story got better; for which I play most final fantasy games. I found myself shrugging off some of the issues I had with the game as I became more invested into the story. I would have given up on it though I think if I didn't have such an awesome free company. They certainly made both the good and bad experiences better.

Is there a specific server you play on and/or faction?

18. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

32%... weekend will be over at this rate...

I need some coffee... anyways you two have fun, ill join as soon as this actually downloads

19. Gilligan Lanley

Chances are that I'll need to update it, and with my molasses internet, I should get a coffee with you, and fly back here. Should be done downloading by then.

Corraidhín likes this.
  20. The | Suit

For Wildstar?
    Only 2 realms exist now
    1 for pve and 1 for pvp

I am on the NA PvE - we just started new characters for dominion