1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Sniper Falling Through World (Single-Player)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lunias, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Lunias

Lunias Void-Bound Voyager

I've been playing this a lot and trying out the different classes - I'd really like to test the Sniper and see what the class is like, but I'm held back by an issue with the world's generation (or so I believe). No matter what starting area I land in and where, going a certain distance beyond the spawn point causes me to fall through every platform to the bottom of the screen and respawn back at the beginning. Thanks to the bug I can't get far enough to fight the first boss let alone test the class against larger threats than the early game enemies. I haven't had any problem with any of the other classes so far so at least the game isn't completely broken, but it is an issue.

• reVelske

reVelske Pangalactic Porcupine

Never had that issue as a Sniper main, what platform are you running on? Report the bug and hope for the best I suppose.

• Lunias

After posting this I stopped having the issue with Sniper and was able to complete the world. However, afterwards I unlocked the Mercenary and now they're doing it. I'm running on PC right now.

• Lunias

Well, I tried restarting the client and that seemed to work. I'm thinking it's a bug that causes characters you unlock to fall through the world until you restart the game.

• Aeronaut

Aeronaut Pangalactic Porcupine

I've had it happen to me as well, so it's not just you.

It doesn't seem to be character-specific, though it does seem to happen only on one particular starting stage when I host. Other than that, it sounds exactly the same--I'm able to move until I get a certain distance away from spawn, and then from there I just fall straight through the platforms out of the stage's boundaries. Restarting the server/game fixes it, too. :p

• Lunias

The issue has stopped occuring with specific characters, although now it occurs with just about anyone either immediately on spawn or after moving a set distance away from it. It's pretty random too in that it doesn't always occur, but restarting the game or the run over and over really bugs me :poke: