OOC King's Metropolis

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by The Squid, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Why must I be so late? D:
    Anyways, here's my app sheet if it isn't TOO late.
    Name: Chipset "Chip" J. S. Capul
    Race: Glitch
    Back story:
    Chip was the daughter of a traditional Glitch family, but she rejected their traditions when she was still young to secretly marry a free Glitch whom she loved. This did not end well. Thinking her family had killed her lover, Chip began a silent, secret war on them, determined to destroy everything they had. By the time she discovered her lover was not dead, it was too late. She'd destroyed her family and her status. Believing her lover would reject her when they knew what she'd done, she imposed an exile on herself until she could make up for it. She believed that somehow, if she only understood Glitch programming well enough, she could fix the minds of the people she'd hurt to make things like they were before.
    Chip eventually joined a team of bounty hunters known as Oberon and Titania, but was kicked out once it was discovered that she was using her technical skills to experiment on sentient beings. After that, she searched for another benefactor to support her in her project, but Oberon and Titania had warned them about her, and she was not welcomed. So at last she ended up part of a small group of pirates, without the means she'd hoped for to atone... but still trying her darndest to do so.
    Description:
    [​IMG]
    Chip is small for a Glitch at about 5'5", and not as bulky as many, though that's often concealed by her loose clothing. She has light green paint, white lights, and long braid-like attachments hanging down from the back of her head. She often wears a black bandana and a cut-off brown jacket that used to be a coat and is rarely seen without a skirt or some sort of hand protection (which may also double as insulation from the electronics she often deals with).
    Personality: Chip tends to be quiet, not making a scene, as she works in the shadows. Melancholic with a bit of choleric. Not much of a sense of humor either.
    Traits: Naturally a lone wolf, but knows how to work with others when necessary. Such as, in the middle of a firefight.
    Flaws: Pride. She thinks she's the best at what she does and won't get caught. She also has a hard time listening to advice because of that, having done things her way for practically her whole career. Neither is she a smooth talker, or very polite at all.
    Other: Keeps a picture of her lover always near her. She promises herself she'll come back to them as soon as she can.
    - She's skilled with many types of electronics, though not enough to modify a sentient successfully.
    - She's no slowpoke, and pretty flexible for a Glitch.
    - Fighting has not been very important to her, and she prefers flight anyways.
    - Her metal frame makes her durable, though, and she CAN act as a shield, though she wouldn't recommend it.

I think that's all; just let me know if I forgot anything.

The Squid likes this.
  2. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Oh, and a couple things - the RP so far seems to have jumped the gun a little? I just don't feel like the setting is explained well enough to start, unless we're just supposed to make that up as we go. That, and it might be a bit hard to add my character in after the RP has already progressed some, though this is fine. It just all seems a lot more open than the style of RP I'm used to...

The Squid and zeskorion like this.
  3. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

It hasn't really progressed much, some have yet to make their first posts; and maybe you just step out of your comfort area?

4. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

I never said I wouldn't do that, I'm just wondering if that was really what The Squid intends to do. He hadn't said anything about it, so I for one am in the dark.

5. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

I honestly don't really know what I intend to do. I had an idea for an RP and I carried it out (albeit somewhat poorly). Since three only been a few posts, I think you'll probably be ok just entering whenever you he the chance @Miss Alkane. In the meantine, I'm gonna make a few changes to the starting scenario thing just to give you a sense of your surroundings.

6. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Okay, that's what I thought. So. How much description and power of creation are you going to leave to the players, and how much do you plan to reserve to yourself? I realize I should've asked this way earlier, but now I know for next time...

The Squid likes this.
  7. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Most of it's gonna be left to the players. I'm just here to enforce the rules and move the plot along.

Relten and Alkanthe like this.
  8. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Okay, thanks.

The Squid likes this.
  9. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Alright. I added a description of the current location. Also, no problem. :up:

Alkanthe likes this.
  10. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Did anyone get my Bruce Springsteen Reference?

The Squid likes this.
  11. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

It took me a while, but I noticed it :iswydt:

Edit: btw I can play Born to Run on the trombone. In case anyone was wondering.

12. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

Well, they're the ones who started to fire indiscriminately into the crowd. No thanks to the jokers who built the apartment complex so shoddily that a couple anti-personnel mines nearly collapsed part of the building; although crashing a helicopter into certainly didn't help.

The Squid likes this.
  13. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Hey, ya know, when the helicopters start coming down, things escalate quickly from there. Trust me, I know from personal experiences.

Alkanthe and Relten like this.
  14. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Sorry bout that, oh and never let Marco lose his glasses.

The Squid likes this.
  15. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

payday 2 in a nutshell

The Squid likes this.
  16. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

Except we don't have to deal with a failure prone drill.

Relten and The Squid like this.
  17. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

K guys I'll be back in like half an hour. Keep going on without meh

18. Solar313

Solar313 Fat Man

Okay can I join?

Here it goes

Name: Ruslad "Rust" Melnik
    Race: Apex
    Backstory: When he was young, he lived in a small Apex colony, but that all changed when he was eight. His home was attacked, his parents massacred along with the rest of the colony by Miniknog troops. He ran and barely made it to the escape ship. It was attacked but he escaped without serious injury by means of the ships S.A.I.L. From then on he ran from the Miniknog, escaped from multiple illegal mining operations and factories using child labor. He survived for sometimes days on end with no food stranded in space. About a month later he beamed down to a human colony on a moon and a human ushered him inside their house and let him eat a whole cake. He had no idea why at the time, but later realized that it was and act of kindness. During two years the humans taught him how to use firearms. He was ten when he left. Three years later he began a secret mining operation by himself with a stolen broken matter manipulator. He soon realized that there was no way he could mine any sort of rare ore with it barely being able to break a cuadrant of stone. Even less so with it constantly breaking down. He looked at the legal market, but everything costed thousands of pixels. He soon got involved in the shadier part of the market while looking for parts to fix his matter manipulator. There he learned of a rebellion against the Miniknog. A way to exact his revenge. He joined and thanks to his experience in armor forging during his time as a slave, he created light but very durable armor and soon earned himself a reputation in the rebellion thanks to his skills. When he was nineteen he decided he would go on vacation. Of course a rebel with experience in the black market and shadier parts of the galaxy would obviously choose a place called "The King's metropolis" for a vacation.

- He always wears strong Aegisalt armor and carries tons of weapons on him.

-Flaws are: Nervous, extremely jumpy, insane rage against Miniknog (not sure if good or bad), doesn't like contact with most living beings

-Traits: Agile, Clever, Fast, Good with crafting, Likes cake, Shy, Loyal once you get to know him.

-Brown fur, Bright green eyes, Small, Big feet, Constantly dirty hands.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
    The Squid and MitKit like this.
  19. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Déjà vu
    This is good! I'll have to find a way to work you and @Miss Alkane into the RP, so stay tuned (I'll make a convo tomorrow)

Alkanthe and Solar313 like this.