1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Whats going on ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Buriningeye, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Buriningeye

Buriningeye Void-Bound Voyager

Hi,
    Im waiting over 1 year for an update or diffrence or change or something in this game. But NOTHING IS COMING. Can I expect something new in this game ????

• ShadowlessWanderer

ShadowlessWanderer Pangalactic Porcupine

Literally what? Risk of Rain stopped being developed ages ago mate. Its done. Finished.

• Risk of Rain is a complete game.

Dunto likes this.
        • unorthodoxreality

unorthodoxreality Intergalactic Tourist

what of the vita port
          never saw an official cancellation for it , so is that still happening or is it dead?

• ShizeMation

ShizeMation Void-Bound Voyager

pshh, complete game? You call this a complete game. Welp, whatever you say...

• reVelske

reVelske Pangalactic Porcupine

What's not complete about it? Feel free to educate the rest of us.

• ShizeMation

Just take a peek at the General Discussion forum.

• reVelske

Do you really expect a lively community still discussing classes and mechanics more than 2 years down the line for a mostly-single-dev single player oriented indie platform shooter that takes an average of 30 mins to finish? I think it's pretty natural that the only things visible on the forum are bug reports and the likes.

Unless you consider the amount of bugs present in the game to be sufficient for labeling the game as "incomplete". Buggy? Sure, more so than a lot of well-received games out there, but strangely only for a portion of the playerbase whereas many (likely most) still experience no issue with the game whatsoever. But incomplete? Not quite.

• ShizeMation

Wat, how is a bug-infested game complete? I mean, a huge chunk of the game doesn't even work due to the bugs! (multiplayer)

• ShadowlessWanderer

What do you mean multiplayer doesnt work due to bugs? Multiplayer works fine man. YOu just need to forward ports which isnt hard at all. Or you could go the Evolve/Hamachi/Tuungle/Whatever else route. They all work.

• ShizeMation

Ok, maybe I used the wrong exmple. My point is that there are seemingly way to much bugs in the game that it obstructs the gameplay experience. Look at the forums: sniper falling through world, game crashes, game won't start, excessive lag, can't close game, crash on final level in multiplayer(this one is a confirmed bug), and that's only the first page, the list goes on.

• ShadowlessWanderer

"Characters falling through the world bug/glitch" Only happens at the start of a brand new run. Laughably debatable if this is even a worthwhile bug to fix because of how minor the effects are. Just restart the run and/or the game and everything is fine.

"Game crashes" No comment.

"Game won't start" Multiple different reasons as to why this is and not all of them are the game's fault in the first place so its not 100% fixable.

"Excessive lag" again, not entirely the game's fault. Could be hardware problems or something else unrelated.

"Can't close game" When in doubt, task manager. No idea what causes this but I haven't seen hardly any reports of this.

"Crash on final level" No comment.

Sure the game has some bugs and problems, but what game doesnt? Its also an indie game basically made by a college student in their free time. For the amount of bugs there are vs the amount of content in it that is bug free or even works is astounding. I wouldn't go so far as to say it obstructs the gameplay experience though. In my personal experience, I've had many many runs able to be completed without any problems whatsoever (aside from the slight particle lag caused by too many frost relics/fireworks/missiles/etc.)

I can't say I agree with your claims to say this game isn't a complete game.

• ShizeMation

Sure, this game is complete, you've convinced me, i'll buy the game now.

• reVelske

Again, being buggy does not equate to "incomplete", unless "complete" means something entirely different from where you've learnt English. If a game contains all intended features of a full release and they work as intended for vast majority of the playerbase, then yes, it is complete. For reasons I've described, the current appearance of the forum is in no way a valid indication of how the game is working for majority of the playerbase. Does it suck that a portion of the playerbase is suffering from game-breaking bugs? Yes. Should these be patched? Definitely. But none of these change the fact that the game is complete.

• ciuccio2000

ciuccio2000 Void-Bound Voyager

*Still waiting for PsVita version

• wall57

wall57 Subatomic Cosmonaut

the dudes said it's complete so it is.

they won't remake the whole game on a new engine since the port broke it all up. now theres their new game to check on.

• ShizeMation

I love the game, so fun.

• Lunias

Lunias Void-Bound Voyager

While this is certainly a fun game and all intended features have been implemented (as far as items and characters go anyway, there was meant to be a PvP mode according to previous statements), there are numerous bugs that make playing this game somewhat frustrating. I had a thread recently about the Sniper falling through the world, which fixed itself after restarting the game but proceeded to become an issue with other classes. I've had multiple instances where I'm spawned and fall through immediately which can be fixed by going back to the main menu and starting over. My friend and I had some intense lag where he was playing Sniper and every time he fired a shot it wouldn't actually shoot until he pressed another button (we never figured out why that was happening). Whoever was hosting the game had an accurate screen but the other player's screen lagged and showed completely different things, such as mobs being in different locations or taking damage from your attacks when in reality you weren't even hitting them. The one time we both survived to the final level and neither of us died quickly the game crashed, preventing completion. You can dismiss these bugs all you want but that doesn't change that they do exist and affect gameplay.

From what I hear further updates would require rebuilding the game. The amount of popularity this has generated wasn't anticipated and the original build isn't designed to handle updates like they've been doing. However, they want to add more to the game in addition to the rebuild. 3 weeks ago they said that networking was a real pain but the PS Vita port is nearly finished. Here's the link to their Tumblr.

• [HHM]LiveWire

[HHM]LiveWire Yeah, You!

Lunias,
                                        It's nice that you can even play the game... I still get a crash error that doesn't even let me start it up... :p