1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED ItA - Enter the Dragon Temple 1.22

Adds Hylotl Themed Shrine & Cultural Objects

1. Elfginther

Elfginther Phantasmal Quasar

Elfginther submitted a new mod:

Into the Aether - Enter the Dragon Temple - Adds Hylotl Themed Temple & Cultural Objects

Read more about this mod...

2. Xirukai

Xirukai Pangalactic Porcupine

I noticed a small bit of pixelation on your stool object.
    I spruced it up for you, using the regular wooden colour scheme from vanilla SB.

Dont know if it was supposed to look like this, but feel free to use it.

Stool.png

Elfginther likes this.
  3. Elfginther

Thanks! That was one of the first one's I did for this mod, and since refined the process. This looks much better. I'll swap it in.
    The original stool idea image is below. I think the curve & angle was really throwing me for a loop.

I have a few more items in the works that should be just about ready to roll out. I'll post thumbs & an update when I get home.

Shrine Bell
    Shrine Arch

Attached Files:

4. Eternalmyst

Eternalmyst Big Damn Hero

That dragon painting looks like the GW2 logo :)

Elfginther likes this.
  5. Elfginther

Not intentional but I see the similarity now! Starbound is pretty much the only game I play these days. I tried to keep the graphic sources from classical traditional art :ninja: on open source media. The fountain was modeled after a real one in Nikko. But... they're usable for whatever you want to build in your game. Enjoy!

Preview of tonight's addition, Sake Barrel! sakebarrel.png

6. Xirukai

Looking good, maybe add a spiggot. So one can directly tap from the keg, eh? :D

7. Elfginther

Elfginther updated ItA - Enter the Dragon Temple with a new update entry:

Glad Giraffe

Read the rest of this update entry...

8. Kenar

Kenar Void-Bound Voyager

Need to remove black dye as found in glad giraffe. But like the mod

9. Elfginther

10. Sinfai

Sinfai Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi there! I was one of the people who left a review on this mod: Really wonderful work! The only thing I can think to add is to maybe add colony tags for the items, like 'hylotl' or 'cooking' for some of them. As well, I love the different types of cooking 'stoves' you came up with: the hearth and the grill. May I suggest a cooking table that, instead of appearing with pots, plates, and a towel like the default cooking table, might be lower, to match other hylotl furnishings, with a wok, a bamboo steamer, and a bottle of rice vinegar?

[​IMG]

Otherwise, I'm very much looking forward to your future projects! I can't wait to see what else is in store for this mod, I have great hopes! <3

Elfginther likes this.
  11. Xirukai

Try to avoid hard black lines in sprites, Sinfai. They are most of the time darker shades that look like black lines. This isnt the Terraria art style :p

12. Sinfai

Sinfai Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh, I wasn't making my own sprite, I was using the one for Rice Vinegar (was once named Rice Wine in files, got changed with Glad Giraffe) to give a frame of reference. I'll note that for when I will make my own pixel art, though. :>

13. Elfginther

Feeling a bit creative again thanks to the amazing work of Pohanny's Hylotl Stuff Mod, I'll see about styling a cooking table and some other items I've been thinking about. I managed to update a few of the older assets from Rise of the Hylotl, such as the monastery set cooking table and utensils but for permission issues I cannot include here. I'll have to start from scratch :hylotl:. Thinking about adding fish drying racks & strings, hanging lamp posts utilizing the ornate lantern template, some dragon motif monoliths / markers & support details.

I'm tempted to try and work out developing a set of custom themed war-fans and umbrellas; but the weapon mechanics and scripting seem to be a bit beyond my current modding capabilities. I'm exploring the possibilities though.

I'll post again soon! Thanks for all the great comments, downloads & likes!

14. Elfginther

Content Update

15. CrystalCharlie

CrystalCharlie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello, this mod looks beautiful but isn't working for me. I have tried placing the mod files individually and as a folder into my giraffe-storage/mods folder but the game isn't picking them up. I run a lot of other mods, so perhaps the issue lies there. I run all the mods in http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/s3r1ous-mods.1358/ mod collection as well as the Hylotl Stuff mod. When I run my game with this mod there is no crash or anything, just that the recipes don't appear at any crafting table and I can't admin spawn them in.

16. Elfginther

Sorry to hear that! I run many of those mods myself as well with little issue. If you can find your .log file I can see if there is a conflict or error message. Optimally you should just be able to type in "hylotl" and do a tag search in the 3-D printer or table with /admin on and see the whole list.

Also, a few of them are only accessible via /admin or Tabula Rasa. I'll double check compatibility later this evening.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  17. Elfginther

Recipe Fixes & Kodama!

CrystalCharlie likes this.
  18. CrystalCharlie

CrystalCharlie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

With the update everything is working! Looks gorgeous thank you so much! I found the only thing I couldn't admin spawn in was the hylotl tea cup, and I'm not sure where I would find that recipe, otherwise I was able to obtain everything else through spawning and crafting. Thank you for your patience as I may have missed something earlier anyway. I'm very much a noob but I will try to upload the log and hopefully it is the right thing, again thanks!

Attached Files:

19. Elfginther

Phew I was worried it wasn't going to work properly. I'm glad you get to enjoy it now!

I remembered I needed to patch in the player.config file the new recipes so each player learns them on reloading a character. If you want to find the rest of the new content, simply type /admin in game and open your 3-D printer. The tags are shrine, guardian, hylotl, traditional, & ornate. That's what I use. Oh and hylotl teacup is delicate teacup.

CrystalCharlie likes this.
  20. Elfginther

Way of the Water Serpent