1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Vanilla Boat fixes v1.11

if the boat is a-rockin, don't come a-knockin. ;) - SB 1.3

1. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

LoPhatKao submitted a new mod:

Vanilla Boat fixes - if the boat is a-rockin, don't come a-knockin. ;)

Read more about this mod...

2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Doesn't seem to work for me. I am using nightly, but from the diff logs, the boats haven't changed since this was uploaded. Admittedly, I am using a custom boat, but that shouldnt matter(?) if this is supposed to be an all around fox, no?

Any ideas?

Edit: I seem to have fixed it. I just coppied over the lines you fixed into the curent version boat.lua. I am no programmer, so I have no idea exactly what I did outside of copy some lines :rofl:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
  3. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

weird, doesnt look any different (aside from whitespace, comments & minor changes)
    only thing with a custom boat that could break lua is if custom didn't have all the same parameters in the .vehicle file
    ... but then custom boat would have its own lua? :shrug: I haven't seen many vehicles yet that use custom lua

i don't have nightly downloaded yet, I usually don't unpak assets & investigate mod issues til closer to unstable/stable release

4. lazarus78

Yours has:
    Code:
    self.maxHealth =1
      self.maxBuoyancy =1
      self.waterFactor=0 --how much water are we in right now

... in it which the vanilla does not. Maybe they did change at some point but I went back through the diff logs till glad giraffe was released and couldnt find any change.

Basically I just duplicated the boat, made the changes I needed and later added this boat.lua and it made the boat invisible and non functional. Removing it restored functionality.

Anyhoo, maybe its something I did on my end. I've since duplicated the boat.lua for my own boat and included this fix.

Which brings another point. Thank you VERY much for labeling your line alterations. Saved me tons of time comparing each line.

5. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

yea, i tend to do that when i want to make it clear how/where i'm changing the code
    did similar on the restored bonedragon boss i did way back, sadly, i can't restore him to functionality now unless i include major portions of pre-glad monster code
    kinda doubt :chucklefish: would like me doing that ;|

edit: oh self.maxhealth is missing in cheerful code? hmm thats possibly why it breaks? the other 2 are set later in the code
    nope i see it being set too... think i may need to get a nightly to check out how vehicles have changed.. i see it doing config.getparameter() -- which i cant recall ever using o.o

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
  6. lazarus78

CLEF does it. Maker only removed it from here due to some beef with the maker of Frakin Universe.

I think Chucklefish allows us to use/tribute's game assets necessary for our mods.

7. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

so i looked into nightly... think most of my code-heavy mods will need massive overhaul
    the reason this mod doesn't work on nightly is because a heavily used function has been removed/replaced
    vehicle.configParameter (and its counterpart entity.configParameter) have been replaced by config.getParameter

.. renders this mod, yellow submarine, dozers and gardenbot nonfunctional

-insert 4 letter words spoken in tones of disgust- and a final :poo:

lazarus78 likes this.
  8. lazarus78

Uhh... good luck! =)

9. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat

10. Crusism

Crusism Big Damn Hero

Will the boat rock left and right even when there's no weather?

Also, will the boat only rock left and right when it isn't moving?

11. LoPhatKao

LoPhatKao Space Kumquat