OOC Galactic arena

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by zeskorion, Jan 26, 2016.

1. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

welcome to the galactic arena. you will never leave, unless you win
    we have selected you from all walks of life, and all races and species.
    there are no rules, except to win.

the penalty for losing is death

this is a small rp i have decided to make. A basic deathmatch, you can include any character from a previous rp (in their starting state),or a concept for a new character, just to see how well they fight.
    this will be played in brackets, starting when ten characters have been applied.

there are no rules, except to not godmod, and accept death. death can come quick, and it can come brutal. no exceptions

name:
    appearance:
    Backstory:
    Personality:
    Starter weapon:

stats:

ranged proficiency(aim and such):
    meelee damage:
    meelee proficiency(Swordsmanship, precision):
    Toughness:
    strength:
    Intelligence:
    perception(how well they can sense things):
    speed:
    sanity(how sane they are. this starts at max, but can be lowered to add points in other places.):10

you have 50 points to spend, and the max in one stat is ten. use them wisely

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  2. CondescendedWow

CondescendedWow Supernova

*Is loving it*
    I LOVE THIS
    I LOVE THIS IDEA SO MUCH.

I'm gonna work on a character sheet right now this is a beautiful idea.

3. Firepaw Da Cat

Firepaw Da Cat The Fluffy Cat

This seems like it will be interesting.
    I'll be watching this to see how it goes

4. CondescendedWow

CondescendedWow Supernova

name: Jonesy Terramona, The Titan Slayer(Real name: Jo Terracotta)
    Race: Hylotl
    appearance: Tall, thin man with a narrow face, his fins look more like underwater plantlife but forming into the shape of medium length side burns flowing up and forwards to make a spiked frontal mohawk, his "fins" and underbelly are turquoise meanwhile his overall skin colour is sky blue, his eyes are red and his knuckles look terribly callused despite being a fish person.
    Backstory: Jonesy was born in a Hylotl noble village where he was taught the ways of the warrior early in life, then on a trip to the surface he was captured by Florans in his teen years, forced to fight in a savage Floran battle zone for his "freedom" for many years, he was then sold to the Galactic Arena by the people who he was sold to previously, he is now 26 and an experienced and well-trained fighter. Over time, being sold over and over his name became twisted into Jonesy Terramona, The Titan Slayer.
    Personality: Disciplined and has given up hope on freedom, while he remains idealistic he knows it will never come for him, he's cheery with what friends he gets, knowing they'll probably leave him soon so he spends every moment with them as best as he can, he has an overwhelming amount of morality and sense of justice, sometimes he'll deny the crowd to execute his opponent even if that means he gets punished for it.
    Starter weapon: A naginata, medium length feudal Japanese halberd/spear.

stats:

ranged proficiency(aim and such): 3
    melee damage: 5
    melee proficiency(Swordsmanship, precision): 9
    Toughness: 7
    strength: 6
    Intelligence: 5
    perception(how well they can sense things): 10
    speed: 8
    sanity(how sane they are. this starts at max, but can be lowered to add points in other places.): 7

you have 50 points to spend, and the max in one stat is ten. use them wisely

camerox and zeskorion like this.
  5. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

I see nothing wrong with it, accepted. 1/10

camerox and CondescendedWow like this.
  6. Gilligan Lanley

Gilligan Lanley Space Kumquat

name: Nezun Skyfire
    Race: Avali
    appearance: 3'1, Skyblue plumage with snow-white chest fluff and undercoat. Slender, yet tone. Wears light armour or none at all for free movement. Wears head plumage in three style pony-tail (reference)

Backstory: Being a part of pack is what Avali society is based on, and Nezun is no exception. With her fellow nestlings: Cora Break, Dom Heater, and Char Peck, Nezun and her pack were exceptional at taking down larger and stronger prey then most Avali packs at their age as juveniles, but sometimes had trouble coordinating against other well-formed groups; which was very strange for most Avali. After being seperated from her pack, Nezun began hunting solo and began to show signs of insanity; hearing voices of her pack members, along with traits of a beserker.

Personality: Well planned strategist when working with others, becoming reckless when working alone as her sanity begins to drop from the solitude. Beserker when cornered/heavily damaged
    Starter weapon: Set of carbon-steel daggers, thin-plated steel gauntlets to reinforce bare-handed combat

stats:

ranged proficiency(aim and such): 0
    meelee damage: 8
    meelee proficiency(Swordsmanship, precision): 5
    Toughness: 4
    strength: 6
    perception(how well they can sense things): 8
    speed: 10
    sanity(how sane they are. this starts at max, but can be lowered to add points in other places.): 4

7. DustyScabbard

DustyScabbard Spaceman Spiff

Huh, this seems to be very interesting. I kinda want to throw Original Dusty in here, just to see how he fares, but then again, he's not very combat minded. Perhaps there will be a Dusty here, sooner or later. Are the characters limited to Starbound abilities and weapons?

camerox likes this.
  8. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

No, but there is no magic

camerox likes this.
  9. DustyScabbard

Well, good thing that what one of my guys does isn't magic.

10. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

Accepted, 2/10

camerox and Gilligan Lanley like this.
  11. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

Hmm, I was half tempted to bring Surge into this one, was just worried that it might be a little over saturated with a melee focused avali in the lineup.

camerox and Gilligan Lanley like this.
  12. Gilligan Lanley

The more the merrier! The best fights are always brawls. :D

13. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

Don't worry, i have plans to keep it spicey

camerox likes this.
  14. Gilligan Lanley

Mmmh... spicy.

camerox likes this.
  15. DustyScabbard

Name: Dusty Mertans
    Race: Human
    Appearance: Dusty is a medium sized humanoid, standing around 5’9”, with an average, but fit body. His hair is short and a light dust colored brown, lying in every direction, including up. Nothing else is very remarkable about his appearance, helping him to blend into crowds. His clothing usually consists of either something fancy with a white button down, or something casual with a t-shirt and jacket.
    Backstory: Dusty was brought up in a regular household, which didn't help with the fact that he could carry whatever he wanted to with his mind. His parents saw the skill as dangerous, but encouraged Dusty to learn how to control it, rather than let it build up and cause problems in his future. And so Dusty did, mastering his telekinetic abilities and keeping them out of sight for the most part. Once old enough to leave his home, Dusty went on to do several odd jobs, never finding a career in mind.
    Personality: Dusty is rather rational, and is able to keep his cool with in dangerous situations. He looks after those in his charge, trying to act as a generous host. While not booksmart, Dusty has skill for memorization and organization, but is usually lazy about using either skill. He also has a great supply of determination, which helps fuel his power, as well as a sense for fashion. Dusty doesn't mind using his powers in public, but prefers not to when necessary.
    Starter weapon: Metal Door

stats:

ranged proficiency(aim and such): 8 (Telekinetics would be ranged, yes?)
    melee damage: 3
    melee proficiency(Swordsmanship, precision): 3
    Toughness: 5
    strength: 4
    perception(how well they can sense things): 8
    speed: 5
    sanity(how sane they are. this starts at max, but can be lowered to add points in other places.): 9

50 points total; 10 to max stat.

If he seems too magic for you, I'll swap this Dusty out for another.
    I'd be rather disappointed if Shizuo himself didn't sign up for the brawl. Another chance to go all-out.

16. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

Accepted. 3/10

camerox likes this.
  17. DustyScabbard

Huh. Ok then.

camerox likes this.
  18. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

A telekinetic is okay, since all he has is a metal door. Again, the fights may not be fair

camerox and DustyScabbard like this.
  19. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

Alright, I guess Surge will be joining this one then.
    He won't be a carbon copy of Shizuo, but I can't say there wasn't any inspiration.

Name: “Surge”
    Race: Avali
    Appearance: Encased head to toe in an armoured exoskeleton and standing at 4’2”, Surge is a giant by avali standards. He rarely shows his face, due to a large disfiguring scar across the right side of his face. His plumage is snow white, of what little of it he shows. For reference: Fig.1 and Fig.2
    Backstory: The sole survivor of a colony that was detroyed by pirates; Surge set out, seeking revenge for his fallen clan and packmates. Things went quickly south however, and before long, he was captured by the same pirates who he hunted. They turned him over to the organizers of the Arena, hoping to profit off of the fights, and expecting him to quickly die there.
    Personality: Dour on a good day; the death of Surge’s packmates left him near suicidal depression. However, he is brutally determined to survive the arena, taking matters with a single minded focus.
    Starter weapon: Kriegsmesser

Stats:

Ranged proficiency: 1
    Melee damage: 8
    Melee proficiency: 10
    Toughness: 10
    Strength: 8
    Perception: 6
    Speed: 6
    Sanity: 6

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  20. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

I might consider popping in here at some point with maybe someone from my Character database, for the moment though, I'm kinda really busy.