Undertale

Discussion in 'Games' started by Zetlin97, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Gilligan Lanley

Gilligan Lanley Space Kumquat

Spider Dance or Dummy! is my favorite. <3

All hail Richaad-sama!

2. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Bergentrückung+Asgore would be is my favourite boss theme, it just has that feeling that gives you goosebumps, and the way the fight starts is just outstanding

Phaena and Gilligan Lanley like this.
  3. Gilligan Lanley

I think Chara's theme when fighting Undyne the Undying; Battle Against a True Hero, is my favorite boss theme. *The heroine appears. You're gonna have to try a little harder than THAT.

4. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

I think its more Undynes theme than Chara, since the piano is there

Like, this is no longer just fun and games fighting some human child, her life and everyone in the world is at stake, and the music represents just that, no more suplexing boulders or funny upbeat songs, its either her life, or yours

5. A Fellow Explorer

A Fellow Explorer Astral Cartographer

Hey, check out this awesome cover album. one half is sure to appeal to all you metal heads out there, and the other half has some sweet electronic sounds. Oficially approved by toby for as well.

https://determination-ut.bandcamp.com/album/determination

Just felt like sharing this, is all. Enjoy!

6. Gilligan Lanley

Got that album <3 Richaad and Ace Waters produced it with an actual license from Toby Fox and is the first official cover album. :3

7. apexcomputer51

apexcomputer51 Space Hobo

i like the undertale but i am a s.a.i.l. for starbound and :kitten2: cats :kitten2:

8. CondescendedWow

CondescendedWow Supernova

Come to think of it Spider Dance sounds amazing in the metal cover.
    Actually Spider Dance sounds amazing period :rofl:

9. Gilligan Lanley

*Gilligan and the spiders head bang along to the music.

10. CondescendedWow

*Muffet plays an electric guitar solo on her webs.

11. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

The thing I really liked about Spider Dance, is that the first part of the song has a LOT of Konami love in it. It sounds like a great mashup of several old NES Konami themes, but yet it's mashed up enough I can't tell you exactly which games inspired it, but I know they're in there, I can recognize them.

That could be intentional, maybe Toby has a soft spot for Mr. Kojima or something and this was meant to be a tribute to him?

12. Gilligan Lanley

I found that it has a somewhat of a Super Castlevania IV feel to it. A mix of old chip-tunes with a modern-esk and upbeat horror feel to it (Simon's/intro level theme).
    But that's just me.

13. Gilligan Lanley

I feel like it's Chara's theme for the same reason you said it's Undyne's theme. YOU the player are her final challenge, the one final chance to save the world. For the same reason Megalovania is also Chara's theme for Sans. It's his one and only chance in an attempt to stop a megalomaniac and the inevitable: his death and the resetting of the timeline.

14. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Thats a good way to look at it! tho im pretty sure the world is destroyed at the end of genocide, no more resets!

Gilligan Lanley likes this.
  15. Gilligan Lanley

It depends, if you play the game again after you complete the genocide run: Chara "destroys" the world, but is willing to reset the game for you. They then claim that the player has a twisted love for the world. If you do agree to reset the world for your soul, Chara then calls you a "good partner", crashes the game, and then the game resets, but with a twist. You can never get a "good" ending again (unless you mess with the game's data) as Chara now owns Frisk's soul, and ruins the "happy ending" by what we assume is that he kills everyone.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  16. CondescendedWow

Ew no I don't wanna look at that gif I don't like it make it go away.

LOL BALL and Gilligan Lanley like this.
  17. Gilligan Lanley

Poof!

CondescendedWow likes this.
  18. CondescendedWow

Yay I don't have to look at a ruined happy ending now!
    *Puts that on the list of reasons to never do a genocide run*

Gilligan Lanley likes this.
  19. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

[​IMG]

20. Gilligan Lanley

Golden <3

CondescendedWow likes this.