1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Community The Agaran Menace

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Razey, Jan 30, 2014.

?

The Agarans: Menace or Misunderstood?

1. Menace

414 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Misunderstood

333 vote(s)
    12.4%
  3. Mushrooms

623 vote(s)
    23.2%
  4. Malevolent, Menacing, Misunderstood Mushrooms

1,319 vote(s)
    49.1%
  1. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

I doubt there will ever be a continuation to Agaran Menace, sadly. It's been way over a year since any word on that. But time will tell.

I suppose the story update will clear everything once and for all when it comes out.

Faeryheart likes this.
  2. pop-yotheweird

pop-yotheweird Ketchup Robot

I think the Agaran Menace update was to show people that yes, they have other plans besides making the core story and game mechanics. they're going to release more updates after 1.0, it'd be easy for them to continue on the Agaran menace idea, especially if we find out that the Floran aren't super evil, just super young.

3. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

This thread isn't even pinned anymore.

The Squid and Zebe like this.
  4. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

I'm guessing that CF has the whole story planned out already. The Agarans, in the end, will be like the Frog people; they have their own lore, villages, etc., but don't play a major part in the plot. I mean, much of the Agaran codexes and mini-dungeons were removed, leaving just mushroom hats and Smurf-huts. People have been trying to come up with theories as to why the Agarans will be a major plot point in the end (myself included), but let's face it; the past several pages were just people rearranging each other's words.

Man, this thread took on a really negative tone.

Faeryheart and Zebe like this.
  5. dspiels

dspiels Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah.. Perhapssss we should make a new thread to readressss the issue of the "Agaran Menace".

6. Casmyr

Casmyr Big Damn Hero

Unfortunately, even seeing some Agaran huts here n there, unless there are some sudden infectious spore biomes or anything that is beyond 'just some things here and there' about them, the whole 'Menace' inquisition is overall pointless cause its rehashing what we had. We can hope, but it seems that the tentacles are more of a focus than the shrooms. We'll see after story updates if they get more to them.

Type1Ninja likes this.
  7. MysticMalevolence

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=604936580
    I found this picture today. There's not much we can conclude from it, but I figured I couldn't go wrong with reviving this ol' thread. Even in the event the image happens to be faked.
    Personally, I find it reminiscent of that lab artwork that was made ages ago.
    Thoughts?

The Squid likes this.
  8. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

I've never seen that before, but it looks cool. It reminds me of the old Apex stuff as well.

9. Master Automan IV

Master Automan IV Phantasmal Quasar

Nuh-uh

Zebe and The Squid like this.
  10. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

Seems fake. It's all so neatly placed in a row and I think the dirt doesn't generate like that.

11. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

well the old ship of the floran was a vined apex ship, which may indicate flornas may have been some experimental stuff with the apex. However maybe they turn the agaran into this. But those "pods" we see there are looking extremely familiar with the Foran respawns animation pod.

[​IMG]

also what menace? They never attacked me, and they do take prisoners. The only incident reported is when soe moronic missionaries crished into one of their ceremonies. That was topnotch cleverness of those birdbrains which of course instantly triggered the agarans to be called a "menace"?

12. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

as a professional birdbrain and cloudchaser i would like to point out that the missionaries were Hylotl.

Kirumaru, The Squid and Zebe like this.
  13. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

Oh right I totally messed that up. I mean fish bird, they taste equally nice when cooked. Hmm well Hyotl seem to have a habit messing stuff up with every plantlike race. maybe that comes form the fact that they are herbivires and never tried to undertsand other animal life because they were too busy chewing their kelp like underwater cows.

14. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

I'd like to pont out that we 'agaran veterans' already know all facts related to agarans and have gone through pretty much every hypothesis out there.
    What else do you think we talked about for over 140 pages.
    You can still share your beliefs, but try not to share too much of the old stuff.

15. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

I know but I don't expect new audience to come here and read ALL the entire 140+ pages.

16. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

The creator just commented that he made it. :p
    False alert, though I hoped it would be real. The menace has become so unmenacing.

birdbrains? those were hylotls, and it's pretty much implied there was stuff happening before that incident
    Oh and also the Agarans kinda destroyed an Avian ship. There is a story about that somewhere.

I suggest reading a post that I (brag brag brag) made. It's pretty much of the summary of everything Agaran. Nothing major has happened after that post (and if something did, I think it's been added there). Coordinates there are outdated though since Agaran stuff has been removed and the universe has changed. Link:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/the-agaran-menace.68061/page-117#post-2066635

also get this damn thread to page 177 already

17. Faeryheart

Faeryheart Weight of the Sky

The only thing I remember from this thread is mushroom pizza

The Squid and Zebe like this.
  18. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

what do you need to make Starbound pizza?

A Apex to prepare it
    A hyotl as seafood increadient,
    A floran as spice
    A Avian as chicken meat
    A glitch as oven
    A novakid to fuel the oven

A human to eat it

buon appetito

19. MysticMalevolence

Yeah, I'm likewise rather disappointed. I was hopeful because I had never seen the stalk next to the giant pod before.
    Also, as I said, one can't go wrong in resurrecting this thread. Especially since the "story" update is apparently soon(?).

Zebe likes this.
  20. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

I'd like to point out that the game, while most of the Agaran Menace related things are inaccessible, still includes some attainable objects that vaguely point towards the Agarans in a negative way, these objects being the Mushhroom Biome objects.

The ones I'm talking about in particular are the lamp and the chest. Glitch descriptions say that:

(Lamp) "Analysis. The glow is produced by spores which seem to display parasitic behaviour."

(Chest) "Analysis. Opening this chest releases invisible spores. Long term effects are unknown."

Other than that, nothing else really points to them negatively as of now (that I know of).