1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

We NEED Tundra planets and minibiomes back.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by ogdred, Jan 16, 2016.

?

"Tundra" biomes were alot better than the new "Frozen" biomes

1. Yep.

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  2. Not really.

7 vote(s)
    36.8%
  3. I dont care.

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  4. I don't think we're in Kansas anymore.

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  1. ogdred

ogdred Phantasmal Quasar

I really liked Tundra planets and biomes , the new "Frozen" ones are kinda sucky. I dont like that everything in the "Frozen" biomes and planets in made of ice - it doesnt look that good to build on , it being semi-transparent doesnt give me the feeling that I am on a planet , I feel like Im on a giant ice-cube in someones coctail.
    I think we need the "Tundra" biomes back , they were alot nicer.

2. Another Kevin

Another Kevin Phantasmal Quasar

Still searching for the Legendary Sword. I feel like frozen stars don`t have these.

3. jakecool19

jakecool19 Pangalactic Porcupine

I think you are looking in the wrong place. Stone swords are found in Alpine mini biomes on snowy planets that orbit eccentric stars. Also I personally like the new Frozen planets. The old tundras where way to similar to the snowy planets.

Broconut and Faeryheart like this.
  4. KatherineOfSky

KatherineOfSky Big Damn Hero

I completely disagree -- I LOVE the transparency of the ice: it makes a UNIQUE world, instead of more same-old. Indeed, I'm planning a colony on a frozen planet because I think it looks beautiful! I like the transparency because it allows easier viewing of surface chests. Indeed, unless I am looking for something specific, I prefer to explore Frozen planets.

Noir Korrane likes this.