1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Hunger & Thirst 1.5

Adds hunger and thirst mechanics

1. Durlock

Durlock Pangalactic Porcupine

So, i saw this mod and thought it needed to come back.
    The slow effect on the hunger and thirst statuses was unbearable and a little bugged, so i fixed it. Then the "bottled water" wasn't giving an "empty bottle" apon use, were as the "bottled healing water" was, done!
    ENJOY!

This is a mod design and created by
    Image Not Available
    By no means i claim ownership over this, i just fixed his shit

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qbw1x4erse96988/Hunger.rar?dl=0

For The Moder:

Modified files:
    \Hunger\items\generic\drinks\bottledwater.consumable
    \Hunger\stats\effects\hunger\hungry\hungry.lua
    \Hunger\stats\effects\thirst\thirsty\thirsty.lua

2. twizzler420

twizzler420 Void-Bound Voyager

I'm curious if you would be able to mod this even further, to where hunger depletion is based on energy consumption in some way. That way when you're doing menial tasks, you don't get too hungry, but after fighting and using energy, you get hungry. Maybe have it so that energy regen is based on hunger? Idk, I'm just spitballing, but I think this could be a pretty cool spin-off.

3. The Dusty Foot Traveler

The Dusty Foot Traveler Void-Bound Voyager

I don't know if I installed this incorrectly or what, but as soon as I get the hunger debuff I can't walk forwards anymore. Only backwards slowly or backwards at walking speed. Eating doesn't fix it. Dying is the only thing. I extracted the rar and copied the folder into the starbound mods folder.

4. xandertifft

xandertifft Subatomic Cosmonaut

OPEN THE FOLDER.it has folders in it for unstable and stable

5. Durlock

Durlock Pangalactic Porcupine

Its a bug related to the debuff "hungry" and "thirsty". I made a fixed version since the modder hasn't been giving this mod mouch love lately.
    Although the next patch will kinda add this mod to vanilla!

6. The Dusty Foot Traveler

The Dusty Foot Traveler Void-Bound Voyager

It doesn't though...

7. Image Not Available

Image Not Available Pangalactic Porcupine

Image Not Available updated Hunger & Thirst with a new update entry:

Unofficial Glad Giraffe patch

Read the rest of this update entry...

8. Image Not Available

Image Not Available Pangalactic Porcupine

I've updated the mod with this patch. Unfortunately I currently don't have enough free time to do a proper update for this mod, since it would require modifying the buffs of all the food items added in Glad Giraffe as well as reviewing all the older foods for changes in their effects to make sure no issues cropped up (with over 200 food items in the game this is a fairly significant time investment). Also the fact a hunger mechanic is being introduced into vanilla soon somewhat deprecates this mod in my view, so unless someone else takes it upon themselves to do a proper update for Glad Giraffe I wouldn't expect this mod to get one.

9. Egorowar

Egorowar Space Hobo

Wow! its Coool! im really searched this addon & im found this mod. Thanks!

10. Kaleto

Kaleto Void-Bound Voyager

Can anyone recommend a good time frame for eating and drinking? I'm well.. New to Starbound, and even newer (started last night) to the mods. Never messed with LUA before, but I'm an avid C# and C++ programmer and noticed the similarities right off the bat.

What I've got so far:
    Die after 2 hours without eating, and 1.5 hours without drinking (subject to change)
    Increased hunger and thirst levels from 3 to 6 (mainly for a more accurate status symbol)

I upped the custom status symbols from 3 to 12 to more accurately show your hunger and thirst levels. Hunger uses a bar with a picture of meat and corn next to it, and thirst uses a bar with a watter bottle next to it. The colors for the bars are in Monster Hunter fashion.

Wellfed/hydrated = Full blue bar
    level1 = Top of the bar is blacked out only showing green, yellow, and red going down in that order
    level2 = Top of the bar AND green is blacked out only showing yellow and red going down in that order - 10% decrease in movement speed
    level3 = Top through yellow is blacked out, only showing red at the bottom - 20% decrease in movement speed
    level4 = Bar is completely blacked out. Last warning before HP starts being taken - 30% decrease in movement speed
    level5 = Blacked out bar with a big red X going through the images. Health starts being sapped here. - 40% decrease in movement speed

Some people may not like the decrease in movement speed, but eh. It doesn't start until 15 minutes after being well fed, or 12 minutes after being wellhydrated, which I'll probably increase these to 20 and 15 minutes. Either way, the only time it should actually kill you is if you go into a dungeon or whatever unprepared for at least 1.5 hours lol.

After playing with the nightly, I felt that the built in hunger system is definitely.. Lacking. Hunger goes down to quickly, and thirst isn't even a thing. So for those of us enjoying Glad Giraffe, I'll happily be keeping this updated (probably on a daily basis as I have major OCD).

11. Hypsellis

Hypsellis Void-Bound Voyager

It's a really nice mod, it improves a lot the vanilla experience. I would suggest to add a tiring mechanic, which decrease slowly with the time, and need to sleep for recovering it.

12. SWhite

SWhite Void-Bound Voyager

This mod in unplayable, it makes my client crash after loading the game

13. BadMouthBro

BadMouthBro Big Damn Hero

SO I downloaded the mod and followed the chucklefish forums on how to install mods and my game just crashes. Is there any idea why this may be happening?

14. CPU119

CPU119 Space Spelunker

This mod does not work, i removed any mod containing player.config.patch file and also removed frackin universe in order to make it compatible yet it crashes on the loading screen