RP Chaos in the Stars

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Vurrunna, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Vurrunna

Vurrunna Giant Laser Beams

Chaos in the Stars

<<Out-Of-Character Thread and Background Info: http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/chaos-in-the-stars.104042/ >>

The wind blows gently, stirring leaves among the many trees to either side of the path; the hover-wagons' engines hum pleasantly as the C.O.W. robots slowly pull the caravan forward; the the light of the sun dapples onto the path, creating a serene and happy atmosphere; all this, and more, makes the road to Redstar equally enjoyable and dangerous. Every good traveler on Death knows that the prettier the land, the more likely it'll be your grave.

Nevertheless, Blue doesn't seem to care for the dangers of the road. Maybe it's the overwhelming peace, maybe it's his optimism, and maybe it's the pack of scary looking travelers who, luckily enough, are on his side.

The thought brings a smile to Blue's face (or the Novakid equivalent), and, apparently in an ever improving mood, says to no-one in particular: "Lovely weather ye git out here on the road, ain't it?"

Hover Wagon.png
    Hover-Wagon

BOVINE.png
    C.O.W.

Novakid Driver.png
    Blue

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  2. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

-bigs
    bigs doesnt reply. he is only scanning the horizon, for ships or bandits, or anything else dangerous as he plods along, leaving giant dinner platter shaped tracks

3. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

Riding literally shotgun on the wagon, shotgun in question laying across her lap, looking somewhat amused by the anachronistic nature of the vehicle they where riding; Lucca Owen simply grinned in her usual fashion to the driver. "Far too sedate I find. Feels like it might lull me to sleep."

4. TΔktik

TΔktik Phantasmal Quasar

3 strides alongside the caravan, with his crossbow held against his chest and a bolt loaded. He looks forward to the caravan's arrival at the town, but he stays vigilant in case of an attack. He replies, "Statement. It is good enough."

5. Tatterdemalion

Tatterdemalion Phantasmal Quasar

"Haven't been on Death for much, but on a day this placid, something bad's bound to be happening soon." Reynolds casts a furtive eye around the wagon's surroundings. "If Death's working at all like the rest of the bloody galaxy," he adds under his breath.

6. Vurrunna

Blue waves off Reynolds' pessimism. "Ech! Git yer head outta the rain. 'Ave ye seen that Bigs fella? Ain't a Nova out there that'd mess with that monst--" Blue's gesticulating turns into cringing as he glances fearfully at the ten-foot machine. "--errr, Ah mean, ain't nobody gonna mess with them there Glitches."

His profuse sweating (or the Novakid equivalent) says that he's eagerly hoping his head isn't caved in momentarily.

Apathy Applied and Alkanthe like this.
  7. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

-bigs
    bigs ignores him. he understands his condition and how it affects others. But he still hates it, and those who put him in his state
    he chuckles a bit, deep and hollow, a metallic noise

8. TΔktik

TΔktik Phantasmal Quasar

3 stares ahead, staying silent. Nobody? I wish that was the case.

9. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

"Geez, if he threatens to hurt you, just threaten to refuse to pay him; I guarantee he'll think twice." Lucca shifted in her seat, stifling a yawn.

zeskorion likes this.
  10. Tatterdemalion

Reynolds, walking alongside Bigs, glances up at the enormous Glitch's face, shielding his eyes from the sun up above. He makes a deliberate pause to calibrate the tension on one of his prosthetic legs, removing himself from between Blue and Bigs.
    "All I'm saying is that you shouldn't get caught up in the atmosphere. This is neutral territory, but all that means is nobody's enforcing any laws."

11. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

-bigs
    "Serious. He is right, you know. I am hardly the most dangerous thing out here"

12. Vurrunna

Blue attempts to return to his casual state, clearing hiss throat with, "*Ahem,* anyhow, like Ah was sayin'; we ain't gotta worry 'bout no bandits out here. Last big gang got drove off a long time back. Ye might even start ta think Redstar's a pretty safe area."

As if to prove him wrong, a small grave sight amidst broken trees pushed aside long ago passes by the caravan. Blue looks at it nervously.

"Well. We brought you along fer a reason, Ah guess."

13. TΔktik

TΔktik Phantasmal Quasar

3 glances at the grave- It unsettles him, if only slightly. He hopes that Blue is right about Redstar.

14. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

Picking up her shotgun, Lucca racked the slide back to make sure a round was in the chamber before resting the gun on her shoulder. "I've watched a fair number of action serials to see where this is going; might jazz me out of this stupor."

15. Tatterdemalion

"Hm. Jazz. Haven't heard that in a while. Haven't heard any sort of decent music since I got here. There any decent players in Redstar?"

16. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

-Tetra-
    Tetra's attention was finally pulled from her holobook when the mood of conversation suddenly changed. She noticed the grave sight and decided that it would be best to ready her six-shooter, just in case.

17. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

-bigs
    As the air is filled with the cacophony of everyone loading weapons, he contracts his hands into the claws, and opens and shuts them a few times, making a noise not dissimilar to a baby backhoe who just found the joy of smashing pots and pans together

Apathy Applied likes this.
  18. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

-Tetra-
    She noticed a sound that wasn't quite the sound of a gun being loaded, she looked over and saw the big glitch. She thought the same thing now that she had thought when this wagon set out, "Man, I'm glad the big guy is on our side."

19. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

"Seems to be a common theme here." Lucca chuckled. "Though if I had my way, we'd be flying in style, not plodding along at a walking pace." she stifled another yawn.

20. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

-bigs
    "Apologetic. I doubt any modern hover vehicles short of a barge could carry me. I weigh 2.5 tons. I could carry some of you on my shoulders though"