1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Orchan's Songpack 1.6

High quality Starbound songs all in one package!

1. Orchan

Orchan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Orchan updated Orchan's Songpack with a new update entry:

65 New Songs Added! (Metal Themed)

Read the rest of this update entry...

2. SomePixel7

SomePixel7 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Im having problems installing the songs,it says its a .rar file,but my computer doesn't know how to open it,and i selected notepad by accident and now i cant extract it or anything.

3. Orchan

You need an extraction program like winrar or 7zip, though Windows 8 or 10 should already have a way to open zip files. As for fixing the notepad opening, right click it and go into properties, should be a "default program" option somewhere. Change that.

4. SomePixel7

SomePixel7 Subatomic Cosmonaut

i got it to work right and fixed the notepad problem,thanks for you're help

5. DukeScrewface

DukeScrewface Phantasmal Quasar

I converted a song; But is not worth a full thread for one song. Add it to your pack? Idk why there aren't more aquaria midis out there :(.

Attached Files:

6. Orchan

I don't add other's work into my own songpack, but I did make one from a MIDI that I found. Here it is in MP3 format for now. The ABC file with be released with the next update. SONG HERE

7. DukeScrewface

DukeScrewface Phantasmal Quasar

Er okay, if you want to re-convert it yourself that will get it out there just as well as using mine. End result is what's important.

U have Starbound Composer, right? Might I suggest you merge the 3 main flute type tracks into one, so the whole song can be played by a soloist? Otherwise there's like a 30 second silence in the middle of the music.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  8. Tucureborn

Tucureborn Space Hobo

For some reason I can't seem to download it at all. I even had a friend try and download it to send me the files. Seems the host is busted or something. I was really excited for all the songs too.

9. Orchan

It might have been temporary downtime, it's working just fine now.

Tucureborn likes this.
  10. Tucureborn

Tucureborn Space Hobo

Thanks, I'll try again. I'm not much of a modder, but I love good music in my games.

11. Orchan

Orchan updated Orchan's Songpack with a new update entry:

70 New Songs Added! (A little bit of everything)

Read the rest of this update entry...

12. FriendOfTheUnknown

FriendOfTheUnknown Void-Bound Voyager

ehh. still no perimeter. atleast put in Wasteland or Destination? i can get you a link to the songs. or heck, even the tracks straight from the game. i have the game both on disk, and digital, i can easilly get the music.

13. Orchan

The reason why I haven't added them, is because there's no MIDI files of them anywhere. So unless the game came with MIDI files, it's not really going to help at all.

If the music is in MIDI form then feel free to upload it and I can make something out of it. I hope you understand.

14. FriendOfTheUnknown

well, i have the WAV files, and there is a WAV to MP3 converter, perhaps theres an MP3 to midi converter? and if what i hear is true, if you can recreate the tunes in a MIDI player or whatever, like mario midi, or perhaps even chiptunes, im sure there is a midi to ABC converter somewhere. hang on, now i need to go research this. and find someone who knows how to work a midi. thanks anyway, though! ive been looking everywhere for midi or ABC files of the tunes. kinda sad really, its a really good game that was forgotten in the sands of time.

15. Orchan

#1 There are MP3 (Or general audio files) to MIDI converters out there, and they all sound horrible afterwards.
    #2 There are MIDI to ABC converters out there, of which most work just fine. I'm using one myself, it's even listed in this songpack.
    #3 Basically, without a GOOD MIDI you won't be seeing these songs sadly. Unless you know someone who can make the song in a MIDI format to begin with.

16. FriendOfTheUnknown

so what you're saying is, if i want to see these songs in starbound, i would have to try and recreate them myself using a midi software, or find someone who can? i think i might now a guy... well, thanks anyway. if push comes to shove, i can always try (with a very low probability) to contact KD labs and have them send me a recreated MIDI of the tunes. ha ha. if they are still around, that is...