Tool [All versions][Win/Linux] ModPackHelper

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Dolan, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Awbawlisk

Awbawlisk Phantasmal Quasar

Nah. And oddly enough... It's working again, just fine. The issue solved itself, again.

2. Kirbyroth

Kirbyroth Pangalactic Porcupine

Your comp being a rebel lol

3. Dolan

Dolan Pangalactic Porcupine

Sorry, I didn't come over the forum for a while. I'm not having lot of time for maintaining the MPH but it seems that it's still working with actual version and all troubles are fixed.
    Special thanks to all of you helping others in trouble with ModPackHelper.

My best wishes for 2016.

4. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

If you can, Dolan, could you update MPH to also unpack pak files? They are rare, but this one mod, Lazarus Dungeons, uses the format and it is annoying to not be able to unpack the mod.

5. Dolan

If my memory is good, ".modpak" is the official extension. Why does they still use the old one ?
    Have you tried just to rename the .pak file in .modpak to allow MPH to see it and unpack it ?
    I don't think that the compression algorithm as changed since the extension name has.

6. Mackinz

I have no idea, and because it is a pak file there is no modinfo file within so I dunno what will happen if I do as you said.

7. Dolan

The unpacker provided by Starbound does'nt care about if there is a .modinfo file in the archive.But the packer does.
    I did few tries and it seems to work (Can't test in game because I don't have latest version and can't update it right now) :
    - Extract "Lazarus Dungeons.zip" in mod folder
    -> Got 2 files : lazarusdungeons.modinfo and lazarusdungeons.pak
    - Rename "lazarusdungeons.pak" in "lazarusdungeons.modpak"
    - Unpack "lazarusdungeons" with MPH -> A new "lazarusdungeons" folder is available with files inside
    - [May be optional] : Edit "lazarusdungeons.modinfo", change value of "path" ("lazarusdungeons.pak") to "." or "lazarusdungeons.modpak"
    - Put "lazarusdungeons.modinfo" inside "lazarusdungeons" folder
    - Repack lazarusdungeons with MPH -> You've got a new file "lazarusdungeons.modpak"
    - Remove (move from mod folder) old files (lazarusdungeons folder, lazarusdungeons.pak, lazarusdungeons.modinfo) to be sure that only "lazarusdungeons.modpak" is loaded by game.

8. Mackinz

Hey Dolan, I recently was taught how to "unpack" a player file and was thinking that this would be a good opportunity to make another tool ala MPH, albeit one which is less useful except in debugging.

9. Dolan

If the process is of packing/unpakcing player is easy and using default Starbound tools, it could be add to MPH inside a new menu.
    My tool source are fully open licenced (no licence :D) and I'm also open to add anyone update/evolution inside.
    Main purpose of it, is to help people without any command line skills. Any good ideas are welcome.

10. GoldenstarArtist

GoldenstarArtist Cosmic Narwhal

Any news on if this will be updated for the new 1.0? I've tried using it in unstable but it hasn't worked =/

11. Mackinz

Dolan has provided a 1.0 compatible version in the Installing Mods sticky thread. He will likely link it here when he gets the chance.

Dolan likes this.
  12. Dolan

Job has been done guys.
    Links are up to date and ready for Starbound 1.0 release.

13. Mackinz

Actually, it's only compatible with current Unstable. Chucklefish is currently changing modding up by removing modinfo files and replacing them with .metadata, and getting rid of modpack files in favor of pak files. You'll have to make a new version once Nightly is playable. :/

14. Dolan

Thanks for the tips. So my tool is not really ready for 1.0 :D
    Did you have any link about the future of modding ? So that I could anticipate my mod for the release of the 1.0

15. Mackinz

No, nothing otherwise than current Nightly.

Also, now .metadata is _metadata according to v6ooo.

16. Pohany

Pohany Parsec Taste Tester

Strange but ModPak helper does not want to pack modes ╮( ̄ω ̄╭
    He writes that had packed. But there is no file .modpak.

111aaa.png

17. Mackinz

Modpackhelper need to be updated for 1.0 as I outlined in the posts above you, Pohany.

Pohany likes this.
  18. Pohany

Pohany Parsec Taste Tester

Thank ye!
    In the morning I have a debuff on intelligence. I will go and drink coffee.

19. Dolan

Just downloaded version 1.0, I would try to update the tool as soon as I get some free time (Hoping it for you in few days ;))

Pohany likes this.
  20. flying sheep

flying sheep Void-Bound Voyager

looks like you just have to remove the arch check for linux and use this unconditionally (instead of linux32/ or linux64):

Code:
    asset_tools_folder="${starbound_folder}linux/"