Dev Blog Happy New Year!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Original Post Here

Hey everyone!

We’re back after an actually-quite-long Christmas/New Year’s break! How’s everyone doing?

Today’s been a day of catching up and settling back into our routine. And making this new pet UI!

[​IMG]

Hopefully I’ll have more cool stuff to show you throughout the week. ‘Til then, post your comments in this thread (because the comment system still isn’t working but will really soon i’msorry) and have a lovely evening! <3

2. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

Happy new year CF!

Wait, am I in the right thread? It's a bit hard to tell with tapatalk...

Hold on a sec... yeah, yeah this seems to be the right place.

Happy new year Chucklefish!

n1t3n likes this.
  3. shampoo

shampoo Orbital Explorer

Happy new year.

Also sweet Pet stats.

4. Campaigner

Campaigner Giant Laser Beams

Happy New Year!

Been playing with the pet system on Nightly since last year, and man is it an improvement. I hate how you can only have one captured entity out (as in, critters count as a pet, last I checked), but I've fallen in love with the biggest butt of the universe; Hemogoblin Butt. I hope that becomes its name at some point, because it didn't have a name last I checked.

One thing that bothers me; the capture pods are so bloody tiny now. They don't have the appeal that they once did. Hope it's placeholder art, because the larger capsules were much better (and the very first art of the blue dot and gold star was objectively the best design).

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  5. Akogishi

Akogishi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Happy New Year everyone! Welcome back CF! It would be neat if we could give the pets unique names.

legodude2 likes this.
  6. steelwing

steelwing Big Damn Hero

Chucklefish is back! :chucklefish::cool::D:kitten:

n1t3n likes this.
  7. Firetempest

Firetempest Big Damn Hero

Am I really going to need to open Inv every time to see pet health? And if its just stats and they get a proper party sub bar. Health isn't in a numeral value? As an aside why don't we have a numeral value option for our health and energy bars yet? Or am I blind and its there somewhere.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  8. MrStrangerPL

MrStrangerPL Pangalactic Porcupine

Naming pets would look great. Also you know how to make them work? My idea was, that you could capture them with the capture pod. Then you can put your capture pod into the slot, and boom. It shows stats of your pet. It would also have ,,deploy'' button or something. If your pet dies, it returns to the pod, and regenerates hp. If it's full you can deploy it again. If you don't wanna have him around, you could push the ,,retrieve'' button, that replaces deploy for the time when pet's outside. Or something. I bet you have a plan already. :p

9. Phantaeon

Phantaeon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Can't wait for my very own pet Lilodon ^_^

Also can we deem that helm the official Unibro helm? Maybe it'll rival DarkSouls's Sunbros :rofl:

10. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

I misread the name as "Urf Really?" <.<

Anyways, thats a really interesting UI, but how will it behave with bigger monsters? will they show shrinked to fit in the window? or will they clip a bit :p

11. skydart

skydart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Happy New Year and welcome back! :hylotl:

BTW: Nice unicorn helmet there!

12. jonathonspy

jonathonspy Existential Complex

Gleep looks like a fish....
    i hope pets have swimming AI...

13. Firetempest

Firetempest Big Damn Hero

Its a pretty common Jelly/tadpole like enemy that hops around.

jonathonspy likes this.
  14. Sungazer

Sungazer Void-Bound Voyager

Holy frickle frack, is that a vanity set for the Scorched City biome?

15. Voyager

Voyager Spaceman Spiff

They were gone a week I think.

16. scaper12123

scaper12123 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My hopes for the next two updates is that they'll reduce the spawn rates of mobs (on the surface, at least) to a more tolerable level, and that they'll change the mob damage system to not rely on contact for hits. I liked the system where a mob actually has to perform a bash in order to hit the player. Or some other neat attack that required some attentiveness from the player.

17. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

problem is, when they got rid of contact dmg, everyone simply... rushed planets, you could just dash thru everything without a care in the world, I found myself clearing planets regardless of size in a matter of minutes, now it takes care and you have to explore more "responsibly"

18. scaper12123

scaper12123 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well I get that it makes monster fights more difficult, but... it's one thing to be exploring a planet once for the sake of quests and dungeons, but it's a whole other thing when you're living on that planet. Thing is, their AI makes it so they can orbit around you if they're able to get close, meaning you might not even be able to avoid damage at all. That's either bad AI design or bad combat design - one of the too needs to be addressed. That's my biggest issue.

19. Grave Knight

Grave Knight Subatomic Cosmonaut

Must capture shark-dog (lilodon).

20. InstinctX8

InstinctX8 Master Chief

OMG YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME ^^